It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German Businesses Urge Halt on Sanctions Against Russia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: HardCorps

BERLIN— Angela Merkel is carrying a clear message from Germany's business lobby to the White House: No more sanctions....
...Germany's position on additional, tougher sanctions is unlikely to shift, barring a dramatic escalation of the conflict in Ukraine—

German Businesses Urge Halt on Sanctions Against Russia

I'm not surprised that old German boiler thinks nothing of what's happening in Ukraine, but exactly how much more dramatic must the escalation actually be before they concede to "tougher sanctions" on Russia?

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: netbound
a reply to: ColCurious
If you can't count on your allies to back their word, I call it betrayal.

If this is true, then YOU betrayed US.

What would you call spying on our people, and our industry, under the guise of "fighting terrorism"?
What the NSA was (and is still) doing, could even be understood as an "hostile act".
Do allies behave like that??

Did you know that your Government was breaking international law, and German law, AND your very own US law, from Rammstein AFB, from within German national territory, and lied about it?
Do allies behave like THAT??

If I was a US citizen, I'd be careful who to call a "so-called ally"...
edit on 3-5-2014 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I told people that Germany would not like the USA making trouble for Russia but it seems I was right.

The fires of war will be kept buring so long as it won't effect the bottom line too much for corporations and continues to bring in more taxes via oil/gas prices going up and americans will be calling Congress to increse military spending and won't mind paying the extra taxes as the elite make all the profit on new military spending.

it's like a TV advert, you need this, you want this so just give us your money and you will all be happy again.

Lets see some Red on Blue action before we talk about a war.

edit on 3-5-2014 by VirusGuard because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

Money is flooding out of the Russian economy , how much much of it goes to German and other EU banks?
A strong Germany is one of the main keys to containing the Russians within there post 1989 borders. The German government decision to abandon Nuclear Power has only increased that country energy dependence on Russia.

We are seeing a rerun of the 30's , ironically Russia is now the aggressor and Germany is practicing the policy of appeasement along with the rest of NATO. The Russians will gobble up additional real estate in Eastern Europe with the political reality being that Nato won't come to the defence of any member states to the east of Poland.

When the Russians send tanks into Poland and Eastern Germany after the UK and European powers finally draw a line in the sand it will be a part of a global conflict. The world is interlocking by appeasing Iranian moves in the Syrian Civil War the Western Powers invited Russian aggression into the Ukraine. Showing weakness in Europe will only invite future Chinese military aggression in the Pacific.

Putin is Hitler reincarnated the way the Russians are taking over the Ukraine mirrors how the Nazis took over Czechoslovakia in the prewar years. Putin is ideologically in line with Hitler just listen to what he openly says in front of the camera's.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Gotta love the Germans putting profits before human rights for as long as time remembers.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

Gotta love the Germans putting profits before human rights for as long as time remembers.

Hmm what conspiracy theorists would call bankers bankrolled German rearmament which Goring used to portray as Germany economic miracle. The Russians may try and blackmail the western powers into giving them IMF loans in exchange for a halt in territorial aggression. If they do this they will use to money to fund the continued modernization of there military. Any rubles held in EU banks could in the future be used to fund arms that will be used in the very least against Poland and Germany.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Look, I just want to say this has always been about the money---

Long before there was any talk of sanctions--- At a press conference Obama said that if Russia cut off oil and gas supplies to western Europe it could open up new markets for our American gas production...

Notice how right after he made that statement--- Russian forces imminently took control of the gas production plant in Crimea! They know damn well sales of oil and gas are the keystone to their nations finical wellbeing

So lets not kid ourselves here... this conflict right from the start was always about the big payday at the end.
TPTB don't give a damn about who dies---or who ultimately ends up in control of the Ukraine--- This is about economic control of a region.

Monetary warfare at it's finest.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Clear case of Profits before freedom

Whose freedom? The pro Russians that the Ukraine has killed?

So what your saying is that if some pro Canada folks started taking over American Government building then demanding that Canada annex let say---Milwaukee--- it would be wrong for the rightful government to go in and take back control of said building...

Wow--- Glad we have you around to explain that to me.... otherwise I might have been confused.

You are confused. Seeing how you are bringing up annexation Crimea voted to join Russia they were not forced to do so. If the people of Milwaukee felt so strongly that they wanted to form their own state and then join Canada then more power to them. If people do not want to be part of this country they shouldn't be forced to do so because if we did force them then are we not just as bad as Russia? If a state no longer wants to be part of this nation then it is their right to leave it. After all isn't freedom of choice highly regarded here any longer?

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Clear case of Profits before freedom

Whose freedom? The pro Russians that the Ukraine has killed?

So what your saying is that if some pro Canada folks started taking over American Government building then demanding that Canada annex let say---Milwaukee--- it would be wrong for the rightful government to go in and take back control of said building...

Wow--- Glad we have you around to explain that to me.... otherwise I might have been confused.

You are confused. Seeing how you are bringing up annexation Crimea voted to join Russia they were not forced to do so. If the people of Milwaukee felt so strongly that they wanted to form their own state and then join Canada then more power to them. If people do not want to be part of this country they shouldn't be forced to do so because if we did force them then are we not just as bad as Russia? If a state no longer wants to be part of this nation then it is their right to leave it. After all isn't freedom of choice highly regarded here any longer?

What freedom of choice is being allowed of the majority of frightened Ukrainians in Crimea? This is terrorist action, sanctioned by Russia, leading to anarchy and that foul little piglet putin is clasping his wretched hands like a monster.

In your example, if a bunch of psychotic pro-Canadian citizens of Milwaukee, WI wanted to secede from the USA somehow, I'm sure that Canada wouldn't be poised with Huge amounts of military power at the border, allowing it's soldiers to take any local military bases - and equipment - while watching the unfolding anarchy and telling everyone it's not their fault, that it's sovereign citizens of Milwaukee exercising their democratic right.

Massive damage to buildings and infrastructure aside, I suppose the collateral damage to the lives of the innocent citizens of Milwaukee would be acceptable - as long as the terrorist rebels are allowed to be 'democratic' about where they torture and lynch them.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The sanctions seem to be hitting trade businesses in Europe.
The stuff the West sanctioned Russia with is possibly hurting Russia but who does it benefit?

Seems like the new economic sneaky hand: someone gets rich while most hit set backs again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join