It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands may be missing after landslide in Afghanistan, official says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

KABUL, Afghanistan -- A landslide triggered by heavy rains buried a village Friday in northeastern Afghanistan, leaving as many as 2,000 people missing, a top official said.

Badakshan province Gov. Shah Waliullah Adeeb said more than 2,000 people were missing after a hill collapsed on the village of Hobo Barik. Adeeb said the landslide buried some 300 homes in the area -- about a third of all houses there.

The governor said rescue crews were working but didn't have enough equipment, appealing for shovels.

Read more: www.ctvnews.ca...

Thousands may be missing after landslide in Afghanistan, official says

The TV screen was reporting 2700 dead. This is sad.

ETA: (Looked but it wasn't posted yet. Mods. please kill this thread if it is already out there.)
edit on 5/2/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

MAY THE LORD WATCH OVER THEM AND GUIDE THIER SOULS HOME ALONG THE JOURNEY...

Hopefully the of number missing and found to survive changes over time.

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Geez....what a tragedy. One second here the next second gone. Even if the numbers are not as high as they say, the numbers are still really high. Imagine....your entire neighborhood wiped out in a single blow. Probably many entire generations of families gone in this case.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
May our homes never be our graves. Terra Firma isn't so Firma these days.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Can't imagine what its like to experience such a dreadful thing especially if your family was at home when it happened. Poor people they may need more than just shovels to help them. I hope our forces can do some good although I think they are in the South and this is well away from Helmand.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I too am hoping the numbers are not that high, and it seems like they may be revising them down from what I saw (on either Fox or CNN on one of the TVs at work) earlier. Thousands missing, hundreds feared dead.

This is near the Tajikistan border.

rt.com...

a reply to: Ophiuchus 13 Love and light indeed. Dark times for this village.

a reply to: dashen Sounds like these were just seasonal rains? Haven't had time to look.

a reply to: Vasa Croe Just unimaginable.

a reply to: Shiloh7 The shovel thing really got to me.

Peace.

edit on 5/2/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Poor souls......my thoughts and prayers for everybody there, especially the children. And I hope the number of missing is really not as large as it seems.

(post by blkcwbyhat removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

join