It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prisoner in China's plea for help found in Saks bag

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

A woman has revealed to US media how she found a plea for help from a man imprisoned in China in a bag from the upmarket Saks store in New York. In the note, the man said he was forced to work 13-hour days at a Chinese prison factory to make the bags.

The discovery by Stephanie Wilson in September 2012 prompted a search for the man's whereabouts, reports say. News website DNAinfo says it managed to track down the man - a Cameroonian who had already been released.

The high-end department store, Saks, said it had launched an investigation into the discovery but could not determine the specific origins of the bag, the report adds.

Turns out good in the end.

edit on 2/5/14 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

This serves as confirmation that the stories about people finding those sorts of notes in products coming from China are not just fakes and urban legends.
Thanks for posting this.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I found a note hidden in my new Chevy's glovebox. It said "Help, I am forced to work in a factory in Canada 7 hours a day, with only two smoke breaks, for $37 an hour. Send a better union rep."

I didn't follow up.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Im surely not doubting the validity of this note...but I work 16 hours a day and nobody's forcing me so....?

top topics

join