It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Releases Heavily Blacked Out Sandy Hook Records

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

In my lifetime, it started with the JFK assassination and everything has been swirling around and approaching the drain ever since. 9-11, Benghazi, SH, to name a recent few are all part of your "Divide and Conquer" (sic "Concur") theory. At the risk of opening old wounds, an example of your premise is apparent on ATS. SH is a contentious subject, and the censorship, bannings, etc. of some previous threads on this subject are proof. Deny ignorance but tread lightly regarding SH.

edit on 2-5-2014 by UnBreakable because: Corrected spelling of Benghazi

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I bet FBI is testing to see how much crap can americans eat before rebelling.

I mean come on, talk about insulting.
If someone would redact a paper like that and give it back with a smile, I would slap them behind the head.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

I hope I make some sense.

Oh yes, you absolutely do and I even take note that describing
what were seeing. Is not easily articulated in a way for others
to easily comprehend. But this is what makes the most sense.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Are you serious? The redactions were made to spare the families mental anguish! You heartless bastard.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Why would any of it be redacted? That makes absolutely no sense at all unless they are trying to protect some of the families from being hounded....thats actually really odd.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

I wish I could see all of the redacted pages to see what kind of information, based on the wording, was being redacted. Names of the living, victims, witnesses--that would be explicable but I'm betting that far more was redacted than that based on the small portion given above. I tried looking for all the redacted pages, but no luck. I did, however, find this, which is very, very interesting:

Scientists are sequencing Adam’s DNA to see if they can find anomalies that might explain what was broken in him.

Source: New Yorker

That's kind of disturbing for a variety of reasons but it does point to a possible reason why the investigation records by the FBI are so heavily redacted--they are attempting to create a profile. If they were to release information that they are using to create a profile, then that would allow for an individual similar to Lanza to deliberately avoid a specific behavior/trait in order to spoil that profile.

They did similar back in the 90's in regards to other shootings, including Columbine and the Secret Service was actually attempting to create a profile in that time period. The information for Columbine and etc did not come out until several years later, after the Secret Service had released their report of "no profile". They haven't been able to create a profile of these kind of rampage shooters previously. Considering we're in another spate of them, my guess is that they are trying again with better tech.

Just my theory.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

Interesting theory, sounds just as plausible as some others I've heard. If that's the case, hopefully they've shared the unredacted pages with other highly respected clinical psychologists besides their FBI crony profilers.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Goood evening everyone! I made this account a long time ago and had forgotten the password. The reason I made an effort to reconnect is because of an interesting story regarding Sandy Hook I would like to share.

My fiancee is a masters level social worker and in her line of work she get the opportunity to partake in lots of training. A few days before her recent training I was making her read some stuff about Sandy Hook online and tried to introduce her to a possible alternate scenario of what happened. The training she attended was talking about how people can better deal with the stress of working with trauma patients, rape victims etc etc etc. What I found to be AMAZING was what she told me regarding Sandy Hook. They had explained that sometimes you can endure stress and emotional trauma when you are "amped up and ready to help" and then you dont get the chance too. They said the hospital workers at Sandy Hook were alerted of a mass shooting at a school and were told to be on standby and ready to see some terrible things and be ready to help the children. They told her that NO one ever showed up. Now these hospital workers were having stress related problems caused by the fact they were on the ready and then never got the chance to help and they feel like they are at fault in a strange way. I dont know the entire context and thats as much as they told her during the training but ATS was the first place I thought about when she told me that. Why didnt ANY victims show up at this hospital?!?
edit on 2-5-2014 by dwarfcat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I'm surprised they released a report at all, but I guess with all the FOIA requests felt they needed to? Not a lot here really.

a reply to: dwarfcat
I guess no victims showed up because they were all dead?

The same thing kind of happened on 9/11. Many medical and rescue workers were ready to help, they were expecting hundreds of hurt people, had everything at the ready and blood donations galore, but spoke of the eerily low numbers of victims, again because most of those caught in the events at ground zero just didn't make it. Guess it's a helpless feeling.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
So predictable. ALWAYS hiding something... and censoring the truth, as usual.

edit on 2-5-2014 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: dwarfcat
Goood evening everyone! I made this account a long time ago and had forgotten the password. The reason I made an effort to reconnect is because of an interesting story regarding Sandy Hook I would like to share.

My fiancee is a masters level social worker and in her line of work she get the opportunity to partake in lots of training. A few days before her recent training I was making her read some stuff about Sandy Hook online and tried to introduce her to a possible alternate scenario of what happened. The training she attended was talking about how people can better deal with the stress of working with trauma patients, rape victims etc etc etc. What I found to be AMAZING was what she told me regarding Sandy Hook. They had explained that sometimes you can endure stress and emotional trauma when you are "amped up and ready to help" and then you dont get the chance too. They said the hospital workers at Sandy Hook were alerted of a mass shooting at a school and were told to be on standby and ready to see some terrible things and be ready to help the children. They told her that NO one ever showed up. Now these hospital workers were having stress related problems caused by the fact they were on the ready and then never got the chance to help and they feel like they are at fault in a strange way. I dont know the entire context and thats as much as they told her during the training but ATS was the first place I thought about when she told me that. Why didnt ANY victims show up at this hospital?!?

3 victims went to Danbury hospital, 2 of whom were children - neither of whom survived. The adult victim was Natalie Hammond, wounded in the leg and arm. Another teacher with a slight foot wound was sent to a different hospital (Bridgeport?) for unknown reasons. Danbury was set up for trauma care.

The release of these documents is a slap in the face to the public who can gather no information from government sources that they don't want released - which seems to be nearly everything. Why did they not list the victims in the final report? Another example of government completely out of control and accountable to someone other than the public.

It looks very likely that either the police or big pharma has something serious to hide here.
edit on 2-5-2014 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Guessing at what was redacted, based on that sample; it looks like it is names, addresses and personal information. Why do people want that, need that and for what reason? To bother the victims families, acquaintances, or employers for some bizarre reason?

I'd hope they continue to protect the victims families and innocent parties and I'd question the logic of doing otherwise.

They let all that information out one thing that is for sure in my opinion, is that some sick person will come along and hurt them again. There is no conspiracy here I can see.

I can only imagine how hurtful it truly is to the victims families when they see this stuff on the Internet. Most of it is heartless and ...................

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

There's really no position within the FBI that is actually a "profiler" but I'm sure that they are utilizing established criminal psychologists in the matter. Like I said, last time we had a spate of this kind of thing, the Secret Service became involved as part of their forte is apparently criminal profiling. Here's the results of what they found back in 2002. Many of those who perpetrated the acts (and survived) agreed to work with the authorities in an effort to prevent additional attacks on schools:

Page 28 on the pdf is the page where they discuss the issues with attempting to create a profile and the results of their findings. It is a very interesting read as it dispels a lot of the myths that are frequently churned up by the media in response to such events: www.secretservice.gov...

Overall, most of the kids were receiving good grades and were apparently not having either academic or disciplinary issues within the schools. In fact, for some, it was the opposite--their grades and/or behavior improved just prior to the shootings.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Guessing at what was redacted, based on that sample; it looks like it is names, addresses and personal information. Why do people want that, need that and for what reason? To bother the victims families, acquaintances, or employers for some bizarre reason?

I'd hope they continue to protect the victims families and innocent parties and I'd question the logic of doing otherwise.

They let all that information out one thing that is for sure in my opinion, is that some sick person will come along and hurt them again. There is no conspiracy here I can see.

I can only imagine how hurtful it truly is to the victims families when they see this stuff on the Internet. Most of it is heartless and ...................

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

I would generally agree with you except that much more than the names and addresses is blacked out.. nearly every noun is blacked out. There is also no mention that I have heard of what type of weapon was used. Or how is scrawny kid was able to carry all that gear. Or what role the cocktail of psychotropic drugs played. Oops ive said too much

edit on 2-5-2014 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

If it were just names and address then we could still be able to decipher it. This is much more. For example, your post would look like this:

_________ at what was __________, __________ on that _____; it ______ like it is _______, _______ and ___________. Why do ______ want _______, need ______ and for what ________? To _______ the _______ _______, ________, or _________ for some bizarre __________?

It doesn't even make sense. It's almost like they are trolling us so we'll just throw our hands up and stop asking for these sorts of things in the future.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
It looks very likely that either the police or big pharma has something serious to hide here.

That was my first thought. All the redacted info doesn't support the Governments or Big Pharmas agenda (everyone around here knows how much campaign funding Big Pharma provides). Seeing the VA Tech report next to the SH report is terribly troubling. Just one more example of the most transparent administration that Obama promised us during his election run.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
S&F hope it gets more attention, and that more is released on this. By the small amount of it not being redacted, he was possibly monitored for some time, because of; "aways a troubled kid" and knowing what music he was into? There was a failure along the way, cover-up something. Psychiatric, Big Pharma or otherwise.
edit on 2-5-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DaMod

I don't see this as evidence of a false flag, but there is no reason to censor the reports, so they obviously are hiding something. My suspicion would be that an agency or agencies screwed up and they are trying to cover up their incompetence. Imagine the fallout if it came out that a police agency was on record ignoring a man with a gun call just before the shooting, as an example.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Sorry Blaine gotta call a spade a spade here. How in the world can you look at that document and see only names and addresses removed? I really don't understand it.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

67 pages completely redacted, 111 pages mostly redacted, just containing names, addresses and personal info? Doubtful. Then just provide John Doe aliases and street names with no number addresses. "There is no conspiracy here I can see". I have a differing viewpoint. Maybe not a conspiracy per se, but there's a reason beyond just general privacy that all this info isn't being made public. And it was said earlier that suppressing all of this could provide a key to prevent a similar tragedy from happening again. So when it does happen again, someone will say we didn't learn anything from SH. That's because nothing tangible was released by those in the know.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join