Neurotic obsession with Obama. Is it healthy?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: intelligenthoodlum33

It truly is a mental illness. Anything done in excess is an illness/addiction...everything should be done in moderation.

Whether it's excessively bashing Obama and the Left or it's excessively praising Obama and the Left, it's an illness..I call them Obamaholics.

To be fair, it's just as much of an illness to excessively bash on the Right. But you are right about one thing...on ATS, there are way more Obamaholics that bash on him than praise him....but then again, ATS's motto isn't "Fair and Balanced"; though it is "Deny Ignorance"...something I believe the ADMIN of ATS do a poor job of enforcing.

link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Has anyone here ever read a thread on Sarah Palin?

Talk about rabid hatred from the liberals!

I think Palin is bonkers, but sexy as hell! Sooo, I refrain from posting about her to keep from looking like a sexist pig.

link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I believe the thread was about ATS members, not the media in general. That's who I was referring to.

Jamie Foxx is a comedian. As I said, sometimes I say Obama is "my savior", but it's a joke I got from you guys! In truth, Obama has done VERY LITTLE to benefit me.
edit on 5/2/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
When ever I see a member post Only on one subject like a hatred of Obama and there are plenty of members that fit that description....

That has left the realm of "neuroses" into a full blown obsessive Psychoses.

No sense of humor only hate and fault finding. One dimensional type thinking is sick in the extreme and will make you sick physically as well as emotionally. And if you use righteous indignation as a rationalization....bubba you got a problem!!

Negative emotions are killers....

www.webmd.com...
edit on 2-5-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: intelligenthoodlum33

I think Palin is bonkers, but sexy as hell! Sooo, I refrain from posting about her to keep from looking like a sexist pig.

What about her policies do you disagree with?

(See! It's all about perception than actual discussion!)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

Yeah... But she fits nicely into a package that you can judge without being labeled racist or intolerant against religion.

Funny how that works.

Hmm, let's keep racism out of this, if we can. I certainly never suggested that people hate him because of his race (although I'd be foolish to think that applied across the board). I don't want to this to turn into one of those racism threads. We already have plenty!

With that said, no pulling the race card...or he's pulling the race card-card.

Nuff said

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

Not trying to troll in the least. I am seriously worried about my fellow ATS members. When I first joined I thought this was the one place I could come to have a rational and level-headed discussion.

However, lately it seems that a certain cult mentality or hive mind has taken over. This is the what I have come to know as the Hate O Cult.

Everyday new inflammatory threads are started and stocked with the same members spitting the same mantra.

Just for the record, I think all politicians are on the same team that is against us all. Their only motive is power and money.

So....my question is....Does this obsession you have with hating one man, so much, make you feel better? Does it help you sleep at night? Does labeling people as progressive or conservative or whatever make you feel more in control?

If you answered 'yes' to any of these questions I truly feel sorry for you, because your brain has been hacked. You are now officially part of TPTB.
Yes now we have a mental illness because we question the prophet

Prophet? Really?

Come on. I know you are better than that. Let's talk...not carry on with the usual craziness.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
The sad part is that you can guess which member started what thread just by looking at the title.

The political discussion here on this site has been taken over by right wing trolls.

And I say trolls because 90% of the threads come from extreme right wing websites, such as breitbart and CNS news.

There is no rational discussion anymore. It has all devolved to a giant obama-hate circle jerk.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

If you disagree with the policy, then you're a racist/hater.

This takes the topic away from the policy that was the initial issue.

Thus, subsequent discussion remains on whether or not the criticism is racist, or stems from hatred than a disagreement with policy.

A well played tactic that diffuses the basis for the initial topic and obfuscates any further debate.

Beezer, we just discussed this the other day. Let's rise against the 'race card' and the 'victim of race card' pulling. Okay?

You are safe here.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: intelligenthoodlum33

You've JUST noticed this? It's been going on since he got elected.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Not trying to troll in the least. I am seriously worried about my fellow ATS members. When I first joined I thought this was the one place I could come to have a rational and level-headed discussion.

However, lately it seems that a certain cult mentality or hive mind has taken over. This is the what I have come to know as the Hate O Cult.

Everyday new inflammatory threads are started and stocked with the same members spitting the same mantra.

Just for the record, I think all politicians are on the same team that is against us all. Their only motive is power and money.

So....my question is....Does this obsession you have with hating one man, so much, make you feel better? Does it help you sleep at night? Does labeling people as progressive or conservative or whatever make you feel more in control?

If you answered 'yes' to any of these questions I truly feel sorry for you, because your brain has been hacked. You are now officially part of TPTB.

Prophet? Really?

Come on. I know you are better than that. Let's talk...not carry on with the usual craziness.
Look I wanted to give him a chance. I too thought he'd be different, based on what is now understood as his rhetoric of change and hope. He's not only continued along the path of the prior administration, he's gone further, much further. Yet it seems the liberal press don't want to call him out and they are those that are being used or boxed out. So they tread lightly. I think that's where the frustration comes from. Maybe that helps you better understand the position of many.

Imaging the vitriol had Bush been involved in FF, the totally botched rollout of the ACA, the IRS issues and most everything else this president and his appointees have gotten into. Nah, maybe you can't imagine that.
edit on 65037Fridayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

The ONLY people who have ever called Obama a "prophet" are the haters. People call me an Obamabot just because I don't belong to the cult of hate. I have PLENTY of complaints about the man, how he does things and some of the stupid things he does, but these people who have the hate obsession don't care about that. Unless I hate anything and everything he says or does, they think I'm an Obamabot, under some spell...

I do joke about it sometimes, calling him "my savior", but I got the idea from you guys. LOL
When people swoon and faint, well then one has to suspect they believe him to be of a much higher power. The rollout of this admin and even prior during his run, the press tried to paint the scene as magical. So live with the idea that people see him as nothing special. The throngs are gone. He's lucky he can get a good checker game going when he speaks.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

I have to admit that I thought he'd be different the first time around also. However, I learned quick that he is just like the lot. He just ran an awesome campaign.

BUT, I never thought he was a messiah or prophet, so I had no reason to feel so betrayed that my emotions ran wild with hate.

See, hate hurts you more than it hurts the person you are hating.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

When people swoon and faint, well then one has to suspect they believe him to be of a much higher power.

Like the Beatles? People swoon and faint at famous people all the time.

The rollout of this admin and even prior during his run, the press tried to paint the scene as magical.

It kinda was. First African American president was kind of a big deal to MANY. It's history in the making.

So live with the idea that people see him as nothing special.

Oh, I live with it just fine. In fact, I agree.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
You know, I don't hate Obama. He seems like the kind of guy I would spark up a conversation with in the smoke pit. A lot of the stuff piled on his head really isn't his doing. Of course, there is also a little to sat about inaction at times.

Has he said stupid things? Yeah, so has every other politician (From Bush to Boehner to Palin to Pelosi). But really I think Obama has the news anchor thing going on. I doubt he proof reads his speeches. He's just reading what he's fed on the teleprompter.

Look, I used to vehemently loathe him, but that was until I realized that he isn't the root of all the problems within the government. He's just the figure head of it all and with that, I guess comes being targeted so many times.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Thus, subsequent discussion remains on whether or not the criticism is racist, or stems from hatred than a disagreement with policy.

A well played tactic that diffuses the basis for the initial topic and obfuscates any further debate.

Beezer, we just discussed this the other day. Let's rise against the 'race card' and the 'victim of race card' pulling. Okay?

You are safe here.

I'm simply pointing out the tactics of those that support Obama.

If you can't discuss the facts of the matter, then that is part of the problem.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

You are safe here.

No offense, but I have seen you make this claim many times and I think that you are making yourself out to be the victim.

Are you a racist? If the answer is no then what are you worried about? They say that the truth hurts...lies are amusing. Why aren't you laughing?
edit on 5/2/2014 by intelligenthoodlum33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

You are safe here.

No offense, but I have seen you make this claim many times and I think that you are making yourself out to be the victim.

Are you a racist? If the answer is no then what are you worried about? They say that the truth hurts...lies are amusing. Why aren't you laughing?

Why are you so hesitant to discuss the tactics that the left uses? They are to blame for much of this!

Was this supposed to just be a "bash the conservative" thread?

If so, then I'll make a funny remark about the left and be on my way, as usual.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I am not pro right or left. Personally I think it is silly.

I am trying to change the climate, not perpetuate it.

Hope you take advantage of this safe haven.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

a reply to: beezzer

I am not pro right or left. Personally I think it is silly.

I am trying to change the climate, not perpetuate it.

Hope you take advantage of this safe haven.

If I wanted safe, I'd join a forum on sewing kitten pictures on sweaters.

That's why I like political forums.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join