Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Neurotic obsession with Obama. Is it healthy?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
+5 more 
posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Not trying to troll in the least. I am seriously worried about my fellow ATS members. When I first joined I thought this was the one place I could come to have a rational and level-headed discussion.

However, lately it seems that a certain cult mentality or hive mind has taken over. This is the what I have come to know as the Hate O Cult.

Everyday new inflammatory threads are started and stocked with the same members spitting the same mantra.

Just for the record, I think all politicians are on the same team that is against us all. Their only motive is power and money.

So....my question is....Does this obsession you have with hating one man, so much, make you feel better? Does it help you sleep at night? Does labeling people as progressive or conservative or whatever make you feel more in control?

If you answered 'yes' to any of these questions I truly feel sorry for you, because your brain has been hacked. You are now officially part of TPTB.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: intelligenthoodlum33

Yep, only kidding.. When it comes to the Politicians no-one can do anything but hate and joke about them and I'm sure they couldn't care either. Here I really can't hate anyone because I do not know them personally, in the real world I cannot hate anyone (even my worst enemy) because it makes me feel guilty for some reason.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
1 has observed many in the past in one instance show support for the Elected President and not to far afterwards spew ignorance at he once their goals or interest were not met (immediately).
This seems to be a continuing behavior issue demonstrated.
O, it seems has gotten to experience this in a more aggressive tone for some reason which is odd. And if postulated deep enough the reasons for may not be to hard to recognize, sadly. It seems that this is the norm again for any elected Presidential officials after they get into office and begin, but the behavior emitted may be benign overall outside of the psychological strains it may cause.

Many are upset at times with how they perceive the Country is being ran and tend to lash out at the center of what they perceive to be the cause. But deeper evaluations of the Global political mechanisms can allow some to begin to perceive the bigger picture being painted which in turn can help some to see beyond the shared political influences that many feel only exist...

In short the elected may have good intentions when running for office and sharing their formulated ideas but once they get in the chair a whole new world may be revealed to them, which may @ times slow the interest and goals wanted achieved by the people represented...

NAMASTE*******

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

I've heard tales of the vitriolic hatred for Bush when he was president.

Look back at some old threads and you can see the venom spewing off the screen.

Happens every election/presidential cycle.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I had a neurotic obsession with Bush, only because I couldn't believe we elected a madman. Than we elected Obama and then I was like: "Oh, huh......"

Can't wait to see who the next wacko is..... Jeb Bush, please oh please let it be Jeb. If he is nominated and gets elected I would serious die from laughter at the stupidity of Americans. Not because they elected him, but because people would be dumb enough to think that there are people dumb enough to vote for him. Anyways......I digress. haha

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

If another Bush get's elected, Americas voting system is rigged, after the last one I wouldn't elect another member of that family again.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy
a reply to: Rosinitiate

If another Bush get's elected, Americas voting system is rigged, after the last one I wouldn't elect another member of that family again.

lol, yeah that was kind of my point but worse is that I think if he was elected through vote rigging, people would actually accept it as real. Not everyone of course...

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
The same can be said for his fan boys/girls. Going out of one's way to find fault with everything is the same as not being able to see actual faults/mistakes because one is blinded by his glowing awesomeness.

Two sides of the same coin and stuff.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Has anyone here ever read a thread on Sarah Palin?

Talk about rabid hatred from the liberals!

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I think your position of non-partisan dislike across the board, is probably the only sensible way to think about government at the moment, no matter where you happen to live.

Because it takes a certain sort of pontificating arrogance for an individual to believe themselves worthy of public office, most officials are not worth spitting on when on fire, no matter what level they attain. I also think that Obama is providing a helpful baffle, preventing criticism being aimed at the infrastructure of government in the US itself, which, if people were being honest with themselves, would be more widely recognised as the real problem.

These things are familiar to me, because I see them here in the UK as well. It is all very well to be anti-Cameron (which I most certainly am) but if one does not also aim ones loathing at the rest of the Westminister set, then one is wasting ones effort. The whole sorry mess of rule over the many by the few is a massive error, compounded by many centuries in my country, and shows no sign of being abandoned any time soon. Therefore, the only way to respond to it, is to minimise ones involvement in it and remain an observer as often as possible.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
What i find interesting is that.. normally even with Bush, the hatred was not as bad.

With Obama, they pick on everything. How many "Benghazi" did bush have under his belt? many more, but those were not much important. One incident and its blown out of proportion, no one heard of executive actions before Obama. No one cared about "economy" before Obama, or "finance". Those are new words popped up into their vocabulary because of Obama. I guess its a good thing!

OP, im glad you notice the authors, good to remember them and avoid their post all together, they like to live in the political forms anyway,,so easy to avoid! The authors have their fanboys here too.

I see it as this, they go out of their way to make any menial thing he does some sort of taboo, so any time i read those complaints, im thinking, "that's all he did, not so bad after all".

Just to piss of his haters!

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Neurotic obsession with anyone isn't healthy. Be it a luv affair or 'hate fest'. But seriously ... Obama provides the fodder. He makes it easy. Just as G.W. Bush did ... especially in the last two years of his presidency. AND this site is set up for the purpose of being able to air the thoughts people have on these matters.

Its unfair to say that someone here has a neurotic obsession with Bush or Obama just because they are posting about them. You don't know what they do in their 'off-ats' time. This is probably the only place they talk about those things. Religion and politics can't be discussed in the real world, so it's discussed here.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Has anyone here ever read a thread on Sarah Palin?

Talk about rabid hatred from the liberals!

Yeah... But she fits nicely into a package that you can judge without being labeled racist or intolerant against religion.

Funny how that works.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: intelligenthoodlum33
Not trying to troll in the least. I am seriously worried about my fellow ATS members. When I first joined I thought this was the one place I could come to have a rational and level-headed discussion.

However, lately it seems that a certain cult mentality or hive mind has taken over. This is the what I have come to know as the Hate O Cult.

Everyday new inflammatory threads are started and stocked with the same members spitting the same mantra.

Just for the record, I think all politicians are on the same team that is against us all. Their only motive is power and money.

So....my question is....Does this obsession you have with hating one man, so much, make you feel better? Does it help you sleep at night? Does labeling people as progressive or conservative or whatever make you feel more in control?

If you answered 'yes' to any of these questions I truly feel sorry for you, because your brain has been hacked. You are now officially part of TPTB.
Yes now we have a mental illness because we question the prophet

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22
Yes now we have a mental illness because we question the prophet

The ONLY people who have ever called Obama a "prophet" are the haters. People call me an Obamabot just because I don't belong to the cult of hate. I have PLENTY of complaints about the man, how he does things and some of the stupid things he does, but these people who have the hate obsession don't care about that. Unless I hate anything and everything he says or does, they think I'm an Obamabot, under some spell...

I do joke about it sometimes, calling him "my savior", but I got the idea from you guys. LOL

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Conspiracy theorists tend to lean to the right so no surprise there. The only real person people are really obessesd by is Ron Paul. I'm surprised he doesn't have his own sub category just like on infowars. Too bad he wasn't president so we could see all his dirty laundry. I'm sure he wouldn't do everything you agree with but that is the nature of the beast. Then people talk about political dynasties like Hillary Clinton or Jeb Bush. If they had their way they would vote for Rand Paul. Hypocrite much?

Everyday there is so many rumors, hearsay, lies about the ACA that no one really knows the truth anymore. You can't tell whats real and what's false anymore. Maybe that's the point all along.

The silverlining is people can thank Obama for their high star and flag count.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
The ONLY people who have ever called Obama a "prophet" are the haters.

Um ... no. Obamessiah
I know you've seen these quotes before. Down the right hand side of the page.

And of course ... Barbara Walters ... 'we thought Obama was going to be the next messiah"
She didn't make the page of quotes.

Side note - I kinda get a kick out of it when people call others 'haters' when it doesn't fit. Pulling the 'haters' card is done almost as much as people pulling the race card.

edit on 5/2/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: rupertg
Conspiracy theorists tend to lean to the right so no surprise there.

Source?? I think that's rubbish.

I for one don't even believe in right or left but that is another topic..

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Neurotic obsession with anyone isn't healthy. Be it a luv affair or 'hate fest'. But seriously ... Obama provides the fodder. He makes it easy. Just as G.W. Bush did ... especially in the last two years of his presidency. AND this site is set up for the purpose of being able to air the thoughts people have on these matters.

Its unfair to say that someone here has a neurotic obsession with Bush or Obama just because they are posting about them. You don't know what they do in their 'off-ats' time. This is probably the only place they talk about those things. Religion and politics can't be discussed in the real world, so it's discussed here.

Good point. I only see the ATS side of people. Luckily, I have friends that I can talk about anything with.

However, I have to understand that not everyone is as fortunate.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
If you disagree with the policy, then you're a racist/hater.

This takes the topic away from the policy that was the initial issue.

Thus, subsequent discussion remains on whether or not the criticism is racist, or stems from hatred than a disagreement with policy.

A well played tactic that diffuses the basis for the initial topic and obfuscates any further debate.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join