It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I won lottery, and now I have to work hard.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: RadiationAndCancer

I think each and every person here could use some of your money to prepare... I don't make allot but I allocate a percentage of every check towards preparing for the collapse.. I plan to help everyone in my local community. Our Big Gubberment thinks we will all turn on each other which I disagree.. I know there will be some out there trying to hurt or take from others but the majority of us will work to help each other and become strong and stable as a unit.

United We Stand means allot more to me than just words.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
If you want to effect change with your lottery winnings, may I suggest you invest a heavy sum into the Krona;

Overthrow

They back their currency with actual value; gold.

Imagine if Iceland bought up all the gold, bankers have no leverage against it...

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
On the one hand I wanted to say I admire your kindness but then when I read the World War III stuff I wanted to suggest that perhaps you could use some of the money for some psychotherapy for the paranoia that's obviously eating you up.

You say that many people on the street are druggies, which is very unfair. I thought you were being compassionate at first, but to me it seems you're actually being quite judgmental. Do drug addicts need help any less than single mothers?

Well at least you're trying.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Congrats!
numbers please

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
You could always do something that will make a hard life a hell of a lot easier on poorer people stuck in high COL areas. Buy an apartment complex, interview each applicant individually (get to know your tenants from the start) background checks and all that normal stuff. And then divide the property taxes and upkeep costs among the units. I'm not saying turn it into HUD housing (why bother? It's paid for already, taxes & upkeep fee as rent would keep it afloat) That's definitely going to be an affordable alternative to them compared to anywhere else that would want rent out the nose. Single/widowed parents trying to hack a meager life on $8 or $10 hourly wages will greatly appreciate that.
edit on 5/2/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Congrats! It is YOUR MONEY. Do as your heart tells you. Everyone on this planet will have a reason why it should have been done differently. It was given to you for a reason. You will see, in time, that money can not get you everything that you would hope it could. That is why "they" say money can not buy happiness. However, you were chosen this time. Whatever your consciousness/spirit says you should do...follow. I believe that in cases like yours, God entrusts certain people to follow a plan that was not followed, in full, by another. Give and you shall receive.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Reconsider that global disaster nonsense. It sounds as if you're destined to be a poor man quite soon. The Conspiracy tunnel is nuanced, deep, winding, and hazy. Getting lost is "all part of the plan". There will be an economic collapse in the future, but you didn't state the proper reasons for it. I know you're ignorant of it. War is not an issue now. Physical disaster is not an issue now. Survivalist nonsense is unnecessary now. I'm going to help you out a bit. You have funds, now all you need is the know how and intelligence:

As for charity, go for it. Giving back is important. After the charity, diversify your investments and keep some safe in a ROTH IRA that you may not touch. Are you listening? Have multiple and varied types of safe accounts and then gamble with the information I have given you above. It's up to you at this point. Your grandchildren could sit as genetically engineered, bionically enhanced post humans or they could be non existent due to your lack of foresight. It's all up to you at this point. Plan accordingly for the technological unemployment. Invest in companies that will sell/provide robolabor/robotics to corporations. Keep some money in safe places where you aren't gambling it. And, as you're already doing....GIVE BACK. (don't forget to enjoy some of it, because experience is what life is all about. go out and enjoy yourself. Stop stressing about surviving).

I wish the best for you, I really do. I don't think you're going to take any of my advice, and I think you're going to fall into one of the sleepwalker traps of the conspiracy life. I think you're going to blow what could be the foundation for a lineage of godlike beings in the future. I think your descendants will, if they exist, shake their heads at your lack of foresight. Good luck to you anyway. I wish the best for your grandchildren, if they even come to exist at this point. Their future is quite literally in your pocket now. What a burden to bear. Happy travels, sleep walker. Happy travels. Or, you can, prove me wrong!

But you wont. Hahaha. Good luck. I really wish you did what I said, your family would be forever taken care of and it would result in just a few more "nonelite" people surviving into the golden age of humanity. I really want more "normal" people there. We need them. Why didn't the OP listen to me?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Also, google "khan academy"

Sign up, teach yourself a few things about finance for about half a year, and then seek advice. This 6-7 month course work is so that you at least have some idea of what is going on so that you don't get fleeced.

Trust me.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: RadiationAndCancer

The replies in this thread are hilarious. Op you need to do with that money exactly what your saying your going to do. Because it's yours and you made the decision you made for a reason. No one had a place to say different. I hope it brings you peace that's what is all about.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Congratulations...I wish you well on your mission. If you feel like you could make the world a better place with art, I would be more than happy to help. Good luck to you...oh, wait...you already have that.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I'd set up a voicemail system advising callers in my outgoing message that if I hadn't interacted with them in the last 6 months, then in all probability, I will not be returning their call(s).

The only way I plan on helping anyone is to offer them housing ON MY TERMS. This is because I think that homelessness is a terrible thing to happen to a person, and the number of people who would qualify for this benefit would be quite, quite small. Since the deal would be on my terms, the person in need of housing would have to genuinely, and I mean, "genuinely in need." I WILL NOT support anyone's lifestyle in a way to which they have become accustomed.

Any other ideas I have for big winnings will remain confidential, but I will say this: if it happens, I will consider it to be a blessing from God meant for me, specifically ME, that is, ME ALONE.

P.M. (P.S. Who cares if people call me a "tightwad?" Do you realize what generous fools are called behind their backs?)
edit on 2-5-2014 by theworldisnotenough because: Added postscript.

edit on 2-5-2014 by theworldisnotenough because: Punctuation

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Forget the charity. Give only enough to make it work out in taxes for you. Travel the world, have fun while you're here. I don't mean Ferraris or excess, just enjoy yourself. Just stick a lot in some CDs, etc. and let the interest alone support you. You'd never have to work another day in your life, if you didn't want to. Let the money do all the work.

Why do the folks that win end up making life MORE difficult?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join