It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of first "Alligator" (Ka-52) shot down in Slavyansk

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: mjrkong
Ukraine does not have KA-52 helicopters in their inventory.

The video is actually of the KA-52 crash near Moscow during a test flight last year. Here are some details, you can see that this is the same video:

rt.com...

Good catch.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Here is the video of the shot...Link

MANPAD is being reported as what was used. Apparently 2 were shot down...

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: mjrkong
Ukraine does not have KA-52 helicopters in their inventory.

The video is actually of the KA-52 crash near Moscow during a test flight last year. Here are some details, you can see that this is the same video:

rt.com...

Thank you for busting this Russian propaganda wide open!!!! Typical.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Wrong thread whoops.
edit on 2-5-2014 by JimTSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

Indeedy, the video's I have seen on the BBC, Daily Mail and even RT are showing Mi8's coming under fire, with one coming down, no these Alligators.

Daily Mail Link with Video's and Pictures showing Mi8's

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: peck420

Which raises an interesting point. If they were rebels, with little to no military training, how'd they know exactly how to ambush the helos?

Why would you assume that the rebels have little to no military training?

If I had to guess, I would bet money that many of the rebels served USSR back in the day. Not relevant to the Gators, per se, but they would have all the connections to make information with current Russian military components quite easy.

Not only that, but ever country has taken in part in training 'rebels', 'freedom fighters', etc...usually to their own regret later on, I would suspect that Russia is training the eastern rebels while NATO is training western forces.

Edit to add:
Well look at me going all foolish. Nice catch on the Ukraine not having the Gators.

edit on 2-5-2014 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Here is the video of the shot...Link

MANPAD is being reported as what was used. Apparently 2 were shot down...

Sorry to disappoint, but this is something for Syria, last year again. Here is the original video: www.youtube.com...

Looks like they edited this one a bit better.

But yeah, I heard they shot down 2 MI-24s . I've been trying to find a video of the event, but no luck so far.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Even if they had training, having the missiles at all speaks to governmental involvement, contrary to everyone saying they're not involved.

Russian troops were not the best trained troops for a long time. They were far from the worst, but not the best.
edit on 5/2/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
the article in the OP doesn't even mention any KA-52's being hit so I'm not sure where you got that info to begin with.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: mjrkong

This is happening when you trust a ukrainian news source... I was so proud for identifying the heli from the video... Thanks for debunking!

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: maghun

This is happening when you trust a ukrainian news source... I was so proud for identifying the heli from the video... Thanks for debunking!

Yeah I know it. I saw that video elsewhere first too and was confused as to why it showed a KA-52 and not the MI-24. Still no video of the actual incident just a bunch of videos of MI-24s flying around.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Here is a picture of a downed heli near Slavyansk, maybe Mi-24?

twitter

edit on 2-5-2014 by maghun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: maghun

Here's a shot of an intact Mi-24. The exhaust looks like it matches up.

Mi-24

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Bearack

LOL, rebels.... Silly... Don't you mean Spetsnaz?

Yeah, its what i was trying to push the boat towards, i suppose there is the possibility of defected Ukrainian military...
Or at least Putin could always say it was them.

a reply to: Zaphod58

Yes but then it could easily be a Mil 8 with the much similar exhaust and engine and the reported usage in the area.

It always seems like the governments facing uprisings chuck mil 8s into the firing zone instead of mil 24s or whatever attack helicopter they have - maybe they think they are easier to come by than the 24s and that (the 24s) will be more useful if the Russians decide to come.

As with the ambushing thing, its has happened a couple of times before (in history )and generally i think that it is easier to ambush in urban locations when ingressing and egressing as the Mil 8s could have been.
edit on 252014 by DodgyDawg because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Which raises an interesting point. If they were rebels, with little to no military training, how'd they know exactly how to ambush the helos?

Because conscription still exists there, and in (at least Russian) schools military training class is mandatory for several years until the age of conscription.

As for the helos, Russian and separatists were claiming 3 downed Mi-24s, but the video evidence is dubious. There was lots mentioned on the pilot that came in contact with the separatists though

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Lets be reasonable, there are NATO elements in Ukraine and no doubt Russian spec ops ,It's a dead fish being picked apart by big sharks
enough said

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DodgyDawg

Yeah, there's not enough left to tell if it's a -24, or an -8, but the engine exhaust matches a Mil either way.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Vovin

You don't teach conscripts how to ambush helicopters and the best ways to shoot them down. You teach them to shoot guns and not run. That's one thing that was always true about Russian conscripts, their training was very basic.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   

You don't teach conscripts how to ambush helicopters and the best ways to shoot them down. You teach them to shoot guns and not run. That's one thing that was always true about Russian conscripts, their training was very basic.

The mujahideen who were using stingers on Hinds 30 years ago didn't seem to have much training either. In fact, they shot some Hinds down from shooting at the tail rotors with .303 rifles. Contrast that concept with the quality of the pilot training in Ukraine.

There's nothing that suggests that this is out of scale for the separatists, especially considering that a lot of them were military to start with and probably could have training and access to some MANPADS.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

And the Mujahadeen were taught to do ambush helicopters eventually. The early helicopters they shot down weren't hardened against attack the way more modern helicopters are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join