It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MH370 report reveals 17-minute delay in querying missing plane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Doug Maclean, air traffic control consultant at DKM Aviation, said the delay in querying the missing plane was "extraordinary". He said: "If an aeroplane went missing on a handover between two countries you would expect some kind of action within 3 to 5 minutes maximum. In Europe or America you would be on the phone within three minutes – 17 minutes is quite an extraordinary length of time."

MH370 report reveals 17-minute delay in querying missing plane

Article speaks for itself really. If anything smacked of weirdness and conspiracy about this plane, this is the most damning so far. Thoughts ATS? The Malaysian government constantly seem to be hiding things about this case. Their actions are very suspicious in my eyes. I'm not going to make any accusations as I don't feel there is enough evidence. But I would suggest there is enough to show foul play.

Malaysian air traffic controllers did not activate the search and rescue operation until 5.30am, and do not appear to have contacted military authorities before activating the rescue.

That alone sounds fishy. Surely this would be one of the first things you would do?

Malaysia's acting transport minister, Hishammuddin Hussein, said Malaysian military radar tracked an aircraft – now known to be MH370 – turning back across the Malay peninsula, but the operator categorised it as friendly so took no further action.

No further action? You have an unidentified plane flying where it's not meant to be, but this doesn't warrant investigation? Hmmm.

On a side note, I did a search for this, but nothing showed. Feel free to nuke if this is a double post.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Interesting read.

Posted this in another thread:

www.nbcnews.com...

"Audio recordings of the final conversations between pilots of the missing Malaysian jet and teams of air traffic controllers on the ground were "edited" before they were made public, voice experts say.

The tapes also appear to be recorded by at least two different audio sources, one of which may have been a digital recorder held up to a speaker, they say."

The plot thickens

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: kundalini

Malaysia's acting transport minister, Hishammuddin Hussein, said Malaysian military radar tracked an aircraft – now known to be MH370 – turning back across the Malay peninsula, but the operator categorised it as friendly so took no further action.

No further action? You have an unidentified plane flying where it's not meant to be, but this doesn't warrant investigation? Hmmm.
An earlier version in the media said that one reason no action was taken was because nobody was watching the radar, and some recent releases seem to confirm this by saying they only saw the unidentified plane on playing back the radar data.

I suspect the earlier versions may be more accurate, and this "operator categorised it as friendly" nonsense is trying to save face or something so they don't have to admit their defense radar was unmanned (or the operator was asleep or whatever actually happened). The reason I call the claim "operator categorised it as friendly" nonsense is, how would an operator do that? It's unidentified, how do you know what it is? They admit they still aren't sure it was MH370.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
The reason I call the claim "operator categorised it as friendly" nonsense is, how would an operator do that? It's unidentified, how do you know what it is?

Exactly. It makes no sense unless someone is lying.

top topics

join