It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Nancy Pelosi-> "Benghazi, Benghazi , Benghazi, Why Aren’t We Talking About Something Else?"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:30 PM
Beware of Apathy, it is very contagious!

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:26 PM
The Obama Administrations way of thinking about the Tragedy.
From The Mouth of An Ex Obama Official.

Former White House National Security Council spokesman Tommy Vietor went on Fox News on Thursday, and after host Bret Baier grilled him over the issue of the talking points used after the attack, he finally responded with "Dude, this was like two years ago."

Not two years Yet, @ss Hole, and What difference does Two Years Make, The Pain for The Families Is Still There!

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:22 PM
To bad someone didn't slap her after she said this or throw a shoe at her.
More news comes out on Benghazi ..what does she expect?
Maybe she wants to talk about how bad how bad Obummercare , the cr@ptastic economy, no budget since Obummer has been in office.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:30 PM
Criminals never want to talk about their criminal activity.

Our TOP military officials and politicians watched those people die on LIVE TV and didn't even warm up a jet.

But hey, its a " NON ISSUE "

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:52 PM
a reply to: macman

"Because I say so"? Well, yeah. I'm writing, expressing my opinion. What are you writing and expressing? That's right, your opinion, which translates to "because you say so."

Is that really the best critique you can offer? Wow, I squared the concept of my opinion/your opinion away in kindergarten if I remember correctly.

It's theatre not because of the players involved but because it's not achieving anything. There are no new facts, no discoveries, nothing that hasn't been known for a year-and-a-half. The Rhodes memo is nothing new.

Opinions were formed and sides were taken. Very few folks are interested in facts. It's drama. Pure drama. And, yes, in this case it's drama originating with Republicans and directed at Democrats for purely political gain. And yes, when it is on this scale, it's un-American.

My bias? Your bias? Why tuck anything anywhere? This fruitless, meaningless, back-and-forth is about the best the American political dialogue has to offer these days. Of course we're biased; what's your point?

Loving the US Government? Yes, I do ... unabashedly. I love our Constitution and our history and our system of doing things. I do not always love the way things are done, nor the people who do them. I vote my conscience and do my best to honor our laws. So, yeah, if that makes me a "statist" in your terms so be it. I give a rat's patoot.

Love President Obama? Not so much. I think in a lot of ways the man is out of his league. He's done some good things, but mostly mediocre things. I hate the way he just seems to lay down and take the %$&# that is laid on him. If he came out and set the record straight, we wouldn't have 90% of the crap we're arguing about here.

He's been blamed for a hell of a lot more than he's done though (see above.) And reference the aforementioned rat's rear for my opinion of your opinion of that.

And "moronic"? Please. Don't use words you apparently don't understand the meaning of ... K?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:15 PM
a reply to: xuenchen

Politicians lie. This is a nonstory. I think the guy who got blamed, the movie maker, should sue and that should be the story.
But it just gave him more media exposure. I don't know who manufactured this story but it's to cover up something else, like Afghanistan producing more heroin than before the war. And you bought it hook, line and sinker.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:39 AM

Why aren't we talking about something else?

god almighty, what in the hell is wrong with people?

"jobs, growth, blah, blah, blah"..THAT'S the goddamn subterfuge, that's the goddamn distraction...

but god forbid we actually wanna have a national discussion about matters of actual substance...

jesus christ, there really are times i just wanna move out of this country, and never look back...

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:52 AM
Well, I don't see why we can't follow Nancy's request and talk about other things. Sure.. Why not? (smile)

We can talk about the scofflawing on Immigration and the outright refusal to enforce laws which are on the books and/or duly passed by Congress. Our system doesn't seem to work bypass as needed, eh?

We can talk about the IRS issues, where top officials, including the President himself, indicated that there would be accountability for any wrong doing. The fact there has been some, doesn't seem a question, even if limited within a regional office (that's debatable, but for the sake of argument..) why not at least hold someone in the regional position accountable? Again, our system doesn't work...but ignore as needed?

We could just go back to that pesky thing about feeding small arms and other assorted goodies into the civil war of Mexico. Fast and Furious, run by our own agencies who are charged with preventing the very thing they did. Our system might even suck at times...but break it as needed?

It's beginning to feel a lot like Nixon must have, and I've only seen that one from all the research and course material about it. The disregard for and just going around the law seems worse though. I don't know about the paranoia. That may have been unique to Nixon like he experienced it.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:54 AM
when voting machines can be hacked by chimps...
who's going to get elected?

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:05 AM
Can I ask why we all weren't outraged when embassies and consulates were attacked during Bush's presidency? Oh wait, the Republicans didn't see that as a major talking point. Never mind!

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:16 AM
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Which United States Embassies or Consulates were over-run and destroyed between 2000 and 2009? I'm not personally aware of any that were.

The United States lost a couple in the 90's and a couple in the 80's. None lost under Bush though, despite some very determined tries, I'll admit. It's hard to say Yemen counts though, since outrage was felt in the attacks returned in kind to the Al Qaeda off shoot trying to overthrow the Yemen government. (has been for years)

13 Benghazis That Occurred on Bush's Watch Without a Peep from Fox News

I think Benghazi is a bit unique though. At least since 1979. Losing a whole facility and a full rank Ambassador is a loss without recent equivalent. There just isn't a way to lipstick that particular slab of bacon.
edit on 3-5-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:21 AM
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Oh, I agree that it was a screw-up. The deaths should rightly be regarded as a tragedy. But I just think that the Republicans are wringing every scrap of outrage over this for political reasons. And that Darryl Issa is still a total scumbag.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:26 AM
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Well, I won't argue one bit about Issa. What I know of him, I really wish there were others who could pursue this.

However, there is something real dark and black at the center of that whole incident. The details of the months leading up to it should have middle managers and some leadership in the State Department cashiered without pensions. At the very least. The details of that night suggest something a lot more may have been involved.

Issa did do ONE thing well on this. His committee made available those months worth of cables, situation and security reports and overall back and forth between Benghazi, Tripoli and Washington. Without all that, we'd only know a determined militia overran and obliterated a U.S. consulate compound, then attacked a known CIA station. (That took BIG BIG ..errm...guts.
) No one could have known then the US wouldn't respond and the last time something similar to that happened, the dead in defending a US position numbered in 4 figures by the time the sun rose.

Something there was worth A LOT to those people. Until we know what that was about? It's not over as far as I'm concerned. Me and millions of others.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 05:54 AM

originally posted by: SaturnFX

May 12, 2003: 36 People Including 9 Americans Die After Terrorists Storm U.S. Compound in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

The State Department had warned of a potential strike against the Saudi days before gunmen infiltrated the Al Hamra Oasis Village and two others killing 36 people and wounding 160. This was the most devastating attack on a State Department employees to occur under Bush. The Saudi government cracked down on terrorists group but that did not prevent another attack to occur a year later in Jeddah.

Man...wait till the conservatives find out about this. that's 9 americans and 27 almost people that died in that preventable attack...they are gonna freak out and demand all kinds of investigations forever until there is justice that comes fr...pffft..hahaha...couldn't keep a straight face. damn, soo close.

Yeah I am sure the cons are totally for cereal concerned about Benghazi..because...they are totally not incomprehensible hypocrites that are puppet borking the dead in order to make political points with the most lunatic fringe.
Very respectful.

I am concerned for the facts of Benghazi...yes...and the many, many, many other attacks that happened under the same circumstances since all this middle eastern malarkey has started up. the cons seem to only care about one instance...which is why I dismiss them as actually being concerned at all....

because they aren' aren't..your disingenuous. Deal with least -pretend- to have a little bit of outrage on the many other instances that has been happening for over a decade now.

wow, where were the dems on this?
was it a video?

any ambassadors killed?
it seems like it wasn't an embassy.
did it last 9hrs?

did bush and co lie about it for 2yrs? huh, dude?

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:04 AM

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Anyone upset that the terrorists who killed Ambassador Stephens and 3 other Americans haven't been caught and punished?

Anyone upset that we don't even understand precisely who they are or why they attacked the embassy?

I'd be a bit more convinced if I heard some outrage on these channels once in a while.

As I only always hear Obama! Clinton! it makes it all sound veeery political.

As far as what the White House called Benghazi ...

No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done. (President Barack Obama, September 12, 2012, 10:43 AM)

yes, that's the whole point of the outrage.
a dumbass movie maker is in jail, not the murderers.

they know who did it from day 1. you are not listening! are you upset?

and how generic can obama get?

hillary is an idiot. finally boner got off his butt and called a select committee with trey gowdy as chair. the idiot should have done that a year ago.

political? they quashed the whole thing so he could be re-elected!

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:19 AM

a reply to: butcherguy

Leon Panetta and Martin Dempsey have stated in testimony before Congress that the President was monitoring the situation.

Neither you nor Glenn Beck know any different.

I do know he wasn't reading "My Pet Goat" to second graders for a photo op ... and that he didn't go hide on a plane for 10 hours.

obama wasn't in the situation room. where was he? packing?
tommy vietor said he wasn't there.

he did go to vegas the next day to raise money for his campaign.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:20 AM

originally posted by: mugger
To bad someone didn't slap her after she said this or throw a shoe at her.
More news comes out on Benghazi ..what does she expect?
Maybe she wants to talk about how bad how bad Obummercare , the cr@ptastic economy, no budget since Obummer has been in office.

The congress passes a budget not the president so why are you not asking why isn't congress doing their job? But seeing how you can't even spell the presidents name it's not surprising that you wouldn't know something this simple.
edit on 3-5-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:23 AM

a reply to: butcherguy

The President didn't kill our people.

Secretary Clinton didn't kill our people.

Terrorists killed our people.

But this nearly two-year political side-show has done NOTHING but empower and encourage our enemies to do more of the same. That used to be called un-American. That used to be called aiding and abetting the enemy.

Now it passes for patriotism.

so where is the justice? huh? phony scandal?
who's in jail or dead besides 4 americans?

obama and hillary is aiding and abetting the enemy by non action and running guns! again.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:32 AM

a reply to: macman

Quote where I said that "questioning the Govt is wrong and incorrectly labeled as patriotic."

Didn't find it? Yeah, that's because I didn't say it.

If you read above, I have plenty of questions for Mr. Obama, like:

What's the progress on the promise to find those responsible for the Benghazi attack?

What are we doing to make certain that subsidiary diplomatic sites in hostile countries are adequately protected?

Does the State Department have adequate resources to protect our people? If not, why not?

I want to know why the Congress is not obsessing over questions like that instead of squinting at gnats and swallowing camels of talking points on a memo.

BUT ... it is also a fact that we still have people in harm's way not only in Libya but across the world. Criticizing the President, his Administration, etc. is fine ... but the non-stop dragging not just the man but the Office and by extension the country and the American people through the mud-pits of political chicanery TO NO REASONABLE END ...

Hurts this country. Hurts every one of us. It's demoralizing. It serves our enemies of which there are plenty.

geee, you forgot to say, "what difference does it make?!"

day late a dollar short guys.
plenty of marines in Jamaica and england, right? but benghazi? yeah, use some local yokels for security.

you are full of it gryphon, you are walking back all your positions and late to the party.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:39 AM

originally posted by: GArnold

Benghazi where 4 people died. Yes it is a shame.. But let's get real. Why no hearings for years about 9-11 and what Bush and Cheney knew but ignored. Why no hearings for years into Torture and renditions carried out by Bush and his Neo-Con Cabal. Why not hearings into why so many no bid contracs were awarded to companies that Bush and Co had significant interest in. Why no hearings into why we invaded Iraq despite 0 evidence they had weapons of mass destruction. Why no extended hearings about the fact the Bush administration lied repeatedly to the American people and a war that has now killed 2,000 plus US service members... half a million Iraqi citizens and cost us as taxpayers well over a trillion dollars to execute. Republican half wits would rather concentrate on something where 4 people died. Seriously the Republican Party are a bunch of hypocritical idiots and can't figure out why vast numbers of Minorities and Women will not vote for them. Let's have more hearings!!! Pathetic. Let's not answer important questions... like the economy or fixing the medical system. Let's bring up Benghazi for the 8,000th time.

Let's ignore real problems since it would be terrible to upset people who contribute to our re election campaigns.

Every day in the U.S., an average of 289 people are shot. Eighty-six of them die: 30 are murdered, 53 kill themselves, two die accidentally, and one is shot in a police intervention, the Brady Campaign reports.

why bring up bush for the 10,000th time?

ya had your chance. didn't youse?

we all know why it happened, lol.

"Let's ignore real problems since it would be terrible to upset people who contribute to our re election campaigns."

i think you hit the obama nail on the head with that one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>