It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi-> "Benghazi, Benghazi , Benghazi, Why Aren’t We Talking About Something Else?"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Did "a lot of words" (facts) show that the discussions that Sunday included protests < ------ plural

Yep.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago
a reply to: xuenchen

Pelosi, now there's a paid shill. If she ever showed up on ATS she would need at least 10 shill points.

Hey now, there's an idea. Maybe ATS can get Ms. Pelosi to do an Ask Me Anything. That would be fun!

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

Yeah, there's just some things you don't joke about, like cancer and Nancy loonbag Pelosi being president.

It seems the rats are stirring now that the people are questioning their actions. I guess they thought that sheep wouldn't even inquire about it. lol

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: kdyam

Immigration? Really? Yes Mrs. Pelosi lets talk about how you and your administration would love to just turn a blind eye to millions of people who break laws every day by being here illegally by giving them citizenship that others spend money and time pursuing through the proper channels.

You mean just like the way Reagan did? Reagan gave amnesty to all illegals Obama just changed the laws for people who were brought here as children. and don't forget this failure in office has deported far more than the last failure in office.

Increasing minimum wage? That's fine, lets do it!! Go ahead, increase it! All that is going to happen is that $10/hr will be the new $7/hr when inflation and pricing adjustments work themselves out to accommodate a higher working wage for skill less jobs.

You are right why raise the minimum wage after all it's been virtually stagnant since the 80's and hasn't kept up with with the cost of living increases. Besides just think of those poor banks like JP Morgan that would lose out on food stamp money if people were getting a wage they could actually live on.

They either want to break laws and give a free pass to law breakers, or they want to give a false sense of security by lying to people in the guise of more money in their pockets. ALL IN THE NAME OF MORE VOTES FOR THEIR PARTY!

And the Republicans do the exact same thing. Because let's not forget all those bankers and wall street traders that were arrested for their acts of fraud that crashed the American economy.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Retired Brig. Gen. Robert Lovell had this to say about the way that the Obama White House handled Benghazi, when he spoke for the House Government Reform and Oversight Committee yesterday.:

“We didn’t run to the sound of the guns,” he said. “They were issuing press releases. We had Americans dying. We had dead people. We had wounded people. And our military didn’t try to engage in that fight.” Chaffetz then asked if the military could have helped. “We may have been able to, but we’ll never know.”

TheBlaze.com

A retired Air Force general testified before a House panel Thursday that he and others knew in the first few hours that the 2012 Benghazi assault was a planned terrorist attack, and not a spontaneous response to an anti-Muslim video. It’s a revelation that raises new questions about emails released this week suggesting the administration was blaming the video days after others had ruled it out as a cause.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This whole Benghazi thing has become almost like a crutch to conservatives.

Always good to throw out new conspiracies out there once in a while to keep it relevant, when 99.9% of the country has moved on.

If only they had cared like this about the 1000+ americans that died in 9/11, an attack which could have very well been prevented.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Pretty damning ... now if only The Blaze and FNC weren't famous for cutting away the parts of the news that don't favor their agenda ...

During the question and answer portion of the testimony, Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-VA) asked Lovell specifically about claims that the military had resources that they did not utilize. Lovell explained that when he said "we should have tried," he did not mean that the response was insufficient and that it is a "fact" that there was nothing more the military could have done:

Wait. What? The Brig General Agrees that nothing more could be done ... but, but ... he just said ...

CONNELLY: Alright, because I'm sure you can appreciate, general, there might be some who, for various and sundry reasons would like to distort your testimony and suggest that you're testifying that we could have, should have done a lot more than we did because we had capabilities we simply didn't utilize. That is not your testimony?

LOVELL: That is not my testimony.

CONNELLY: I thank you very much, general.

Source - Media Matters

Now, even though you quoted The Blaze above, I'm sure you'll have a problem with Media Matters, so here ... how about Fox News:

The Republican chairman of the House Armed Services Committee publicly challenged the credibility of a former military intelligence official who testified Thursday that more should have been done to help Americans under fire during the Benghazi attack.

The statement from Rep. Howard "Buck" McKeon, R-Calif., marks a rare intra-party squabble on Benghazi. While Republicans on the House oversight committee touted the testimony of retired Brig. Gen. Robert Lovell -- who said U.S. personnel "should have tried" to help Americans under fire that night, and the State Department never gave the green light -- McKeon suggested that those in the chain of command saw things differently.

"BG Lovell did not serve in a capacity that gave him reliable insight into operational options available to commanders during the attack, nor did he offer specific courses of action not taken," McKeon said in a statement.

Source - Foxs News

(Emphasis mine.)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Can you tell me where the POTUS was while it all went down?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

kinda remains me of hilary's breakdown over Benghazi.

i wonder why they get their panties in such a wad over being asked about this. they gotta know it's coming.

edit on 2-5-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Their lies and BS is so blatant I would laugh if I weren't so angry that they do it without remorse or any attempt to conceal it.

If you aren't fed up with the Govt, you clearly aren't paying attention.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Muse ... here's the big question I'd like to see answered ... where are we on finding the $%#@ers that did this? What assets are we applying to bringing justice? Do we know what the motivation was (not according to the CIA, recently)?

Have we learned anything from what went wrong? Have we changed the way we're staffing subsidiary diplomatic sites in hostile territory? Any changes to security protocols? Does State have enough resources to protect our people?

See, to me, THOSE are the important questions. Why aren't those questions being asked?

My answer is that it's not about American deaths, or about breakdowns in security, or even about keeping our people safe in the future ... it's about GETTING Obama, and GETTING Clinton ... why else would there be this manic level of obsession over a memo line that says ... what we've know for almost two years:

Susan Rice was prepped to appear on the Sunday morning news shows.

That's it. That's the big reveal. The smoking gun. The apex of humpteen thousand hours of testimony and untold crap-pots full of money (small government my left hind foot) WASTED on that.

/sigh

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

here's the big question I'd like to see answered ... where are we on finding the $%#@ers that did this? What assets are we applying to bringing justice? Do we know what the motivation was (not according to the CIA, recently)?

Seems like a question that the Obama Administration should be able to answer.
Maybe you should ask them.
Maybe you can ask them where Obama was at while Valerie Jarrett 'held down the fort' in the Situation Room in the White House while the Benghazi compound was being attacked.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Leon Panetta and Martin Dempsey have stated in testimony before Congress that the President was monitoring the situation.

Neither you nor Glenn Beck know any different.

I do know he wasn't reading "My Pet Goat" to second graders for a photo op ... and that he didn't go hide on a plane for 10 hours.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Shhhh don't tell anyone, but most indictments start off as a conspiracy theories. :-)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

The President didn't kill our people.

Secretary Clinton didn't kill our people.

Terrorists killed our people.

But this nearly two-year political side-show has done NOTHING but empower and encourage our enemies to do more of the same. That used to be called un-American. That used to be called aiding and abetting the enemy.

Now it passes for patriotism.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Neither you nor Glenn Beck know any different.

Nor do you.
But you seem to have confidence in what Leon Panetta says. I wouldn't know why... he is both a lawyer and a politician.
As far as the General is concerned, he is reporting what his Commander is telling him to, I am sure. That's the way it works.

I do know he wasn't reading "My Pet Goat" to second graders for a photo op ... and that he didn't go hide on a plane for 10 hours.

But you do know where Bush was.
I don't remember anyone skirting the question for years in that case, at any rate.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

The President didn't kill our people.

Secretary Clinton didn't kill our people.

Terrorists killed our people.

But this nearly two-year political side-show has done NOTHING but empower and encourage our enemies to do more of the same. That used to be called un-American. That used to be called aiding and abetting the enemy.

Now it passes for patriotism.

Yes, it isn't the Administration that has caused anything that has happened.
It is the Congressional Committees that have caused it all.
Did I get that right?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

What contempt she has when the word Benghazi is first spoken? Her face hardens, her breathing changes; everything that one would hope to pass a lie-detector test is happening inside her.

She actually believes she is without guile.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

You have got to be kidding me.

So, questioning the Govt is wrong and incorrectly labeled as patriotic.

Except when Bush is in power. Everything he does should be questioned.

What other excuses do you have for 0bama and company?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

Quote where I said that "questioning the Govt is wrong and incorrectly labeled as patriotic."

*waits*

Didn't find it? Yeah, that's because I didn't say it.

If you read above, I have plenty of questions for Mr. Obama, like:

What's the progress on the promise to find those responsible for the Benghazi attack?

What are we doing to make certain that subsidiary diplomatic sites in hostile countries are adequately protected?

Does the State Department have adequate resources to protect our people? If not, why not?

I want to know why the Congress is not obsessing over questions like that instead of squinting at gnats and swallowing camels of talking points on a memo.

BUT ... it is also a fact that we still have people in harm's way not only in Libya but across the world. Criticizing the President, his Administration, etc. is fine ... but the non-stop dragging not just the man but the Office and by extension the country and the American people through the mud-pits of political chicanery TO NO REASONABLE END ...

Hurts this country. Hurts every one of us. It's demoralizing. It serves our enemies of which there are plenty.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join