It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO official: Russia now an adversary

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

"Clearly the Russians have declared NATO as an adversary, so we have to begin to view Russia no longer as a partner but as more of an adversary than a partner," said Alexander Vershbow, the deputy secretary-general of NATO.

Nato Official: Russia now adversay

Is it crazy to anyone else that we are returning to the Cold War stances?

Whats next duck and cover?

"In central Europe, clearly we have two different visions of what European security should be like," Vershbow, a former U.S. diplomat and onetime Pentagon official, said. "We still would defend the sovereignty and freedom of choice of Russia's neighbors, and Russia clearly is trying to re-impose hegemony and limit their sovereignty under the guise of a defense of the Russian world."

At what point do rhetoric and sanctions turns into a shooting war?

Gone are Leaders like Reagan and Gorbachev, seems like we are blundering into a war with Russia.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: benrl

I don't know where this one is heading, Western (My way or the highway) Democracy vs Russian (Snatch and grab) Communism is to confusing for me. Seems like a lot of sh*t being thrown around and no-one is willing to step up and sort out the mess.

edit on 2-5-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
"adversary"

In "quotes" because imo the whole Ukraine situation is a bankers war.

Infighting between East-West financial interests.

The Western (Soros) parties are fighting the Eastern (oil, currency, natural gas) parties.

Very complicated because the whole thing is connected to the Syrian war too.

+2 more 
posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Russia isn't the enemy. I don't know if you have been keeping score on the state of affairs but the enemy we need to be focused on is our own government.

Don't take that to mean that I glorify Putin or Russia . He is a staunch brutal dictator that I have no respect for as a person or a world leader but let that not get in the way of our own dictatorship problems right here on American soil.

It runs much deeper than Obama, if permeates on both the Republican and Democrat side of the fence. It starts and ends with a blatant and militant federal government and it's paramilitary agencies and continues on to the state level with militarized police forces. The United States government has armed itself against it's own people.

American revolution will happen before an atomic war, I promise you that. We have never been less free than we are now since the founding of our country. It was never perfect, our founding fathers, the Constitution nor the means we took the land but it was better than what most others in the world had. While that still may be true to some extent, the overreach, the humiliation and subjugation of so many Americans is wearing thin on many.

Americans are unique in the world, they are lazy but idyllic. It is easy to push the buttons until you push the one that hits too close to home and fortunately for all of us, the tyrannical government and the corporations that run it are just too greedy to find a happy balance, that, as it has always been, throughout all of history........ Will be their end.
edit on 2-5-2014 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
as an American when i read this part "Russia clearly is trying to re-impose hegemony and limit their sovereignty under the guise of a defense of the Russian world" i couldn't help but...laugh? i mean, isn't that EXACTLY WHAT WE DO?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Always a day late and a ruble short on this one, it seems.

Putin kinda made this clear awhile back, I think. Errrr... Leave it to NATO though. No lack of stating the obvious for them. lol....

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
To me this whole thing boils down to the fact that oil is getting more and more scarce world wide and the demand keeps growing and growing, and the "group" who corners the market will bleed the pig dry. Imo it has basically come down to the final showdown before the big finale.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
IMO the US want's to hurt Russia and Europe economical.
They already downgraded Russia (&companies) and Europe got important trade with Russia (let alone the gass we get from them). Europian banks also can be hurt bad (they have big exposure in Russia) so then they can downgrade Europe some more..

Russia wanted to escape the dollar and trade in their own currency directly with China and so on and the euro is a threat for the US, they of course want to keep their dollar dominance in world 'free' trade.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Looks like a classical case of fundamental interconnectedness of all things.

+1 more 
posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Helious
Russia isn't the enemy. I don't know if you have been keeping score on the state of affairs but the enemy we need to be focused on is our own government.

Don't take that to mean that I glorify Putin or Russia . He is a staunch brutal dictator that I have no respect for as a person or a world leader but let that not get in the way of our own dictatorship problems right here on American soil.

It runs much deeper than Obama, if permeates on both the Republican and Democrat side of the fence. It starts and ends with a blatant and militant federal government and it's paramilitary agencies and continues on to the state level with militarized police forces. The United States government has armed itself against it's own people.

American revolution will happen before an atomic war, I promise you that. We have never been less free than we are now since the founding of our country. It was never perfect, our founding fathers, the Constitution nor the means we took the land but it was better than what most others in the world had. While that still may be true to some extent, the overreach, the humiliation and subjugation of so many Americans is wearing thin on many.

Americans are unique in the world, they are lazy but idyllic. It is easy to push the buttons until you push the one that hits too close to home and fortunately for all of us, the tyrannical government and the corporations that run it are just too greedy to find a happy balance, that, as it has always been, throughout all of history........ Will be their end.

Dude
NATO is not America, it is many countries (most being Europe). America is one of many...
All this flag waving means jack squat...if NATO is having an issue with Russia, as part of NATO, we can't just blame Obama and walk away...we go where they want to go basically.

What Is NATO

Oathkeepers don't back away from an alliance when the going gets a bit rough.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plugin
They already downgraded Russia (&companies) and Europe got important trade with Russia (let alone the gass we get from them). Europian banks also can be hurt bad (they have big exposure in Russia) so then they can downgrade Europe some more..

Russia wanted to escape the dollar and trade in their own currency directly with China and so on and the euro is a threat for the US, they of course want to keep their dollar dominance in world 'free' trade.

So NATO then...(most Europe)...has an issue with Russia, because America wants to hurt Europe, so Europe shoots itself in the foot to stick it to Europe and..
wait, wut?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

So NATO then...(most Europe)...has an issue with Russia, because America wants to hurt Europe, so Europe shoots itself in the foot to stick it to Europe and..
wait, wut?

Yea, sounds stupid, but Europian leaders just mosly do if not Always what the US want's. They really believe the US does things that is in our interest, like we belong together.
They can play Europe as their pet.
I

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Perhaps it's my fault but I failed too see the reason for your post directed towards me. I understand perfectly what NATO is, what countries comprise the alliance and what their mandate is. All of that said, it doesn't make one bit of difference in the substance of what I posted so I am a little confused as to why you quoted me with unrelated subject matter?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

wait, wut?

Yea, sounds stupid, but Europian leaders just mosly do if not Always what the US want's. They really believe the US does things that is in our interest, like we belong together.
I

I think you give the states far more power than they wield. Yes, the US is a consumer powerhouse, and therefore playing nice with us for trade is in everyones interest..but not to a ridiculous point. the US has little to gain with another cold war....it would disrupt our slave labor contracts abroad.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
The investors in Europe need the oil that comes from Russia, through Ukraine. If Russia was to establish trading in rubles with china it would strike a huge blow to the US dollar and thusly the European investors, who work for the off shore banks. This would reformat the current world power scale in favor of countries who actually have resources. Most of NATO's economic power would be destroyed, from what I understand in a relatively short time period.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Sounds like to me that NATO is running out of enemies to fight so that it can continue to claim a hold on its last existence.

As for 9/11 whatever happened to Bushes War On Terror? thats right it didn't exist.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Helious

A well written statement and post Helious as always

Even on this part i couldn't agree more with you.

It runs much deeper than Obama, if permeates on both the Republican and Democrat side of the fence.

It still sad that there still some Americans whom are still choosing either parties they should realized it by now that none of them even help the American people expect help themselves and their families only.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Very complicated because the whole thing is connected to the Syrian war too. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Pretty much even McCain and Co as it was McCain whom was seen as the crying baby for he didn't get his war in Syria Hench thats why they turned onto Ukraine believing that the same tactics would help them win without firing a bullet agaisnt Russia even this still as if they are firing directly at them.
edit on 2-5-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Very complicated because the whole thing is connected to the Syrian war too. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Pretty much even McCain and Co as it was McCain whom was seen as the crying baby for he didn't his war in Syria Hench thats why they turned onto Ukraine believing that the same tactics would help them win without firing a bullet agaisnt Russia even this still as if they are firing directly at them.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   

wait, wut?

I

I think you give the states far more power than they wield. Yes, the US is a consumer powerhouse, and therefore playing nice with us for trade is in everyones interest..but not to a ridiculous point. the US has little to gain with another cold war....it would disrupt our slave labor contracts abroad.

Well look, they invaded Iraq (which wanted to use euro's) before they sold both to Iran and Iraq weapons.
Both country's went to war not long after and Iraq being attacked and I guess in control now. Iran hurt really bad with sanctions (can't do business basicly in the world ''free'' trade anymore.

They armed the terrorist to fight Russia in Afghanistan who where fighting the terrorists. They spy on every country even their allies. Europe gave in the name of terrorism all their money transfers information to the US. Europe helped the US when they thought it was needed to fight a war in the middle east.
Europe when the US asked stopped importing Iranian oil, did so which only hurted Europe (US never used Iranian oil).

Europe bought worhtless AAA rated products from US banks, after country's being downgraded and a US bank played some tricks in Greece as well.. Rating agency's are just a tool to control their wishes.

I can go on and on...

The military industry is huge in the US and for a good reason, even when they have nobody to fight next to their borders...

Controlling world issues can I guess become addicting, and not long before you loose sight what's right or wrong and even when it's really wrong it just seems perfectly normal after tens of years doing it (morals and logic fading away more and more).
edit on 2-5-2014 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join