It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Poll: Has ATS been infiltrated and infested with western establishment-paid shills?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid
How many shills are paid in shillings for shilling from the former Schilling AFB while listening to Peter Schilling?

Again, please pardon the interruption and return to your regularly scheduled exercise in paranoia.
you have not heard about the thread threading thread which was created by fred from fredstown about threading threads through a threading thread created by fred the robot
edit on 2-5-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

The only shills on this website like all others are Russian shills. The western governments dont need shills because Russia is 100% wrong and is fermenting rebellion and showering people with propaganda.

They Russians say the government is controlled by nazis... the parliament is the same that was elected and yanos party is still there. Yano was a Russian puppet. this is well known from years ago. Yanos son went from being nothing to a billionaire when yano was elected. if the russian deal went through that 15 billion would not have gone to the people but would have been controlled by "families." just like putins system in russia.

why do you think Russia dissolved the Crimean parliament and fired its prime minister? they installed a new one and the prime minister puppet is the fringe join russia party. weird because Crimea has always been pro Russian. why do you think the Russians cut all TV/radio/ and telephone. So they would have been bombarded by Russian "news" only, AKA Kremlin funded propaganda like the Soviet Union. sounds about right for Putin who as a boy knocked on the KGB headquarters at the age of 14. i mean this is the 70's... everyone knew what the KGB was about and the disappeared people, murder, torture. i wonder how many Putin tortured.

you can tell someone is a shill if they post RT and other kremlin owned news services like a valid source. if they actually watch and believe it they are useful idiots like Yuri Bezmenov.

people talk about 9/11 conspiracy garbage. what about Russia Moscow apartment bombing? two FSB agents were caught red hand placing bombs. also the theater where the one Chechen terrorist escaped and was killed in a car crash when news came out about him?

lets not forget the war in Georgia. isnt it odd that Russia already had a army group ready to invade? the truth came out that south ossetia was firing artillery towards Georgia from that Russian peace keeping base. that south Ossetians were not getting ethnically cleansed but thousands of Georgians were.

Russian FSB agents have been caught in Ukraine, Russian Spetznatz are running the show in eastern Ukraine. the difference between the kiev protesters and these Russian ones are clear. the kiev were young college kids who stopped wanting to be Russia satellite state, and the eastern are Russian formed groups that have AKs and tanks.

Russia broke its agreements with the world, the biggest mistake was Ukraine giving up its nukes. ok Russia if you think voting means something now. Chechnya, Dagestan, Ingushetia should be independent, Syria Assad should step down. give the land you stole back to Finland.

Putin wants a soviet union 2.0 another evil empire the US and Europe might have to defeat. Look at Russias major allies, all dictators.

people in Russia now believe Stalin was a great leader, there are Putin hitler style youth groups, the hate for the west have been higher than anytime throughout the cold war.

really sad because Dmitry Medvedev though part of Putin's ring wanted a Russia that would be a major part of the world not one trying to live in the past. he got Russia into the G8 and Putin got kicked out over a seaport he would have had anyways.
edit on 2-5-2014 by eikmun because: needed more depth and clear up spelling.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: eikmun

The only shills on this website like all others are Russian shills. The western governments dont need shills because Russia is 100% wrong and is fermenting rebellion and showering people with propaganda.

They Russians say the government is controlled by nazis... the parliament is the same that was elected and Yano was a Russian puppet. this is well known years ago. Yanos son went from being nothing to a billionaire. if the russian deal went through that 15 billion would not have gone to the people but would have been controlled by families. just like putins Russia system.

why do you think Russia dissolved the Crimean parliament and fired its prime minister? weird because Crimea has always been pro Russian. why do you think the Russians cut all TV/radio/ and telephone. So they would have been bombarded by Russian propaganda state owned news.

you can tell someone is a shill if they post RT and other kremlin owned news services like a valid source. if they actually watch and believe it they are useful idiots like Yuri Bezmenov.

people talk about 9/11 conspiracy garbage. what about Russia Moscow apartment bombing? two FSB agents were caught red hand placing bombs. also the theater where the one Chechen terrorist escaped and was killed in a car crash when news came out about him?

lets not forget the war in Georgia. isnt it odd that Russia already had a army group ready to invade? the truth came out that south ossetia was firing artillery towards Georgia from that Russian peace keeping base. that south Ossetians were not getting ethnically cleansed but thousands of Georgians were.

Russian FSB agents have been caught in Ukraine, Russian Spetznatz are running the show in eastern Ukraine.

Russia broke its agreements with the world, the biggest mistake was Ukraine giving up its nukes. ok Russia if you think voting means something now. Chechnya, Dagestan, Ingushetia should be independent, Syria Assad should step down. give the land you stole back to Finland.

Putin wants a soviet union 2.0 another evil empire the US and europe might have to defeat. Look at Russias major allies, all dictators.
you should watch the dictator speech . m.youtube.com...
edit on 2-5-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: symptomoftheuniverse

Sounds like Russia.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I am not surprised at the results of the poll. We are tin hatters, after all.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

Maybe ... but at the moment there is a heavy infestation
of Russian shills

Again I have to point out, like in other threads, that members are being ostracized for their political views.

There's a difference between a shill and a person posting their opinion. I've been called a shill several times because I am posting from a certain angle that I agree with. I've been called a "Russian disinformation agent", yet I am a politically-inclined Canadian (and Canada has involved itself) and I fully recognize the anti-junta movement as being a reactionary populist response where separatism/annexation is a last resort- but to some members, anti-Kiev movement is all Russian conspiracy.

So why is it so hard to accept that some members are really just posting what they feel like posting? It doesn't make them shills.

If you want to find the shills, just review the long-term posting patterns by certain members.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
There was a time when I used to laugh at these claims of shills until I read Cass Sunstein's article about cognitive infiltration of not only CT sites but any site and group that has the nerve to disagree with the US government.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I would say, personally, that given the very nature of the subject matter here on ATS, the probability that it has been infiltrated by one, if not more, government agencies is very high if not a guaranteed certainty.

That there is a huge number of paid shills out there sent to hijack certain politically sensitive threads, i doubt it, although it would be a course of logic chosen by them.

However, there are enough idiots roaming the streets who are sufficiently brainwashed to do the governments bidding without even knowing they're doing it !!

People come across ATS by chance, open an account, and when they find they havn't the sufficient intelligence to sustain the debate, they resort to quoting the MSM and trolling.

These people are not paid shills, they're just an average people who arn't as well informed or educated as the majority of the long timers here on ATS, and when they find the can't compete in the face of overwhelming evidence or scientific fact turn to playground tactics and posting what the national rags tell them they must believe.

The sad fact is these people are not a small minority, they are a huge percentage of any country, and with internet being accesible to nearly everyone today the law of averages says ATS will without doubt receive it's fair share of people who are not able to think for themselves and are unwilling to listen to another point of view.
edit on AM6Sat20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: mike dangerously
There was a time when I used to laugh at these claims of shills until I read Cass Sunstein's article about cognitive infiltration of not only CT sites but any site and group that has the nerve to disagree with the US government.

Exactly, its happened, they're here. If they're actively spreading disinformation or not, i don't know. However, that they have now infiltrated sites like ATS and others is an absolute certainty.

Simply by scan reading some of the threads they can work out what some members here on ATS think of the government, which is why we have to be careful how we phrase what we say to avoid the DHS knocking on the door at 3.30AM.
edit on AM6Sat20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
that's the thing about the great ATS shill debate....nobody really knows, and the T&C ties our hands, as it pertains to figuring our who's who, and who's a shill..

it could be that we're stacked to the rafters with crummy little disinfo agents, agitators, and shill-tastic, shilly, shills.....

or it could be that there's only a few, and their entire goal is to create complete chaos, sow distrust, and discord, and have us chasing our tails, because we have no idea how many there are, so we suspect everyone, like some kind of modern-day McCarthyism...

or it could be that there are no shills at all, and we're just experiencing an uptick in the terminally delusional...

it's really hard to tell which one's the real deal...maybe it's some mix of all of them....oh, hell, since this is ATS, maybe the entire administration is composed of shills, and paid agents, and we're all being played for fools....kinda like the biggest "rick roll", since Rick Astley's birth...

or maybe it's like an M. Knight. Shyamalan film, and we're ALL shills...and we've also been dead, since the day we joined...and we're also aliens...except me.....i'm the stig...

edit on 3-5-2014 by Daedalus because: i am the stig

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Its somewhat like accusing every raging Apple fanboy as being paid by Apple to troll tech forums. I used to think these people were in fact paid shills, but once I met a certain real-life Apple fan boy, I realized that these people don't have to be paid to spend all day defending Apple on the internet.
I think that this conflict between Russia and the West has sparked a great deal of nationalism - especially in older folk who grew up during the Cold War. There's an entire generation of people who were taught to essentially fear Russia. Every achievement for 'them' was a loss for 'us.' I see this type of thinking when discussing China's growing global influence as well - though the discussions tend to have more racist overtones.
At the end of the day, we have to remember that there are a lot of people who read ATS but don't have accounts. Some of them may have been driven to create an account and post because they were incensed about the 'love' Russia and Putin have been getting. This makes it look like there was some sort of agenda because a number of posters were recent registers.
Of course, I am certain there are paid shills on this board, just like there are in fact paid Apple shills on every tech forum out there. IMO the crazier posters are less likely to be paid shills.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Not sure how many if any PAID shills are here, just that this site has become MUCH more inundated (in the past few to several years) with the exact same mundane drivel that one can find in the CNN, MSNBC, Drudge Report or Fox News etc. chat-blather posts. Unfortunately this place is no longer as different from the more popular (mostly TV) media as perhaps most members and lurkers believe it is. One doesn't have to be employed by or affiliated with the spookocracy (real government) to do their propaganda work for them.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
More 'Trolls' than 'Shills', in my opinion. Sometimes, the responses of the trolls are SO overly trollish, and persistent in nature, that they appear to the reader to be Shills.

If there are paid Shills on ATS, I hope there's a way to weed them out, but I doubt that that would be an easy task with regard to proof.

When the Government propaganda machine is as pervasive as it is, it can be difficult to tell the difference between a Shill and a Troll, so I always assume Troll, and move along.
edit on 5/3/2014 by ProfessorChaos because: Typo

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
"Will Represent Your Position on Any Issue!"

No questions asked.

Does anyone know the going rate?

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

indeed sir, i believe it's.....

one shilling....

edit on 3-5-2014 by Daedalus because: David Caruso for the win..

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

Touche'.

That beats, "Will Post for Food"

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

i couldn't help myself...the joke was RIGHT THERE, begging to be made...

the only thing missing from that post, is a picture of David Caruso putting on sunglasses...

oh wait...i can fix...brb..

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

Hahaha....

Epic, well done.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
A thread from Davian, "ATS has been infiltrated and infested with western establishment-paid shills", sparked a lot of attention, flags, and replies over the last few days. The core premise being that, among other online sources of political discussion, ATS was pre-populated with "shills" prior to the Russian invasion of Crimea.

Read the thread: ATS has been infiltrated and infested with western establishment-paid shills...?. Form your own opinion. And lets know in this short, quick, painless poll.

You forgot to add another option to your poll...

"People that don't agree with me are Shills"

Seriously, ATS has become the home for dis-information and paranoid schizophrenics of the world, it offers nothing of substance except the occasional laugh.

Look at most threads, the "way off the mark" threads receive 30 flags and the posts within that agree with the OP receive the most stars... yet when met with logic and facts, those posts are shouted down or ignored.

The only "Shills" here, are the members that think there are "Shills" here.

ATS: Denying logic since the inception of the internet.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
A shill on ATS???

I think most on here call someone a shill when they:

1) Have a differing point of view from the mass
2) Will not agree even after pressure with the main focus of the thread
3) Can supply evidence to the contrary that goes against everyone else on said thread
4) Is willing to voice their actual opinion instead of following blindly the rest of ATS
5) Does not conform to the ideals of a conspiracy theorist as determined by majority
6) Does NOT agree with the hardcore ATS "sheep" on subjects like building 7, racism and LBGT agendas

ATS should hold a better standard than other boards controlled by mods and "theorists*" and except that not everyone can or will agree with the ridiculous theories that are proposed on some subject matter and then taken as gods word by the rest fo the followers on ATS who can not see FACTS through their misguided theories!!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join