Not Enough Subsidized Signups and Obamcare Goes Over Cliff

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Hopefully people will see the futility of government run industries. Centralized planning failed in the Soviet Union, but the leftovers of Leninist ideology are still muckraking about America.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I have heard from a few that have had to go to new obamacare doctors that there new doctors are running expensive new test because they want to confirm old Diagnosis of disorders the people have from there old doctors.

Many are being taken off pain medications because there new doctors don't believe in there pain.

Many are having there medications changed to less effective medications.

Some are having to travel 100s of miles to new Obamacare doctors

i am glad i am treated by the VA

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Good. I hope it finally collapses and the terrible business planners and lobbyists for all those insurance companies lose their job once this BAILOUT for them is dust. Then when all these huge companies that hardly ever pay out anything to their faithful customers are gone, better more competent companies can take their place.

I am loving the fact that this "throw money" at it approach has failed. I am loving how these insurance companies were looking to pull the wool over our eyes for a HUGE BAILOUT and will be getting nothing instead.

Eat crap and die Obama and co.

I and those like me will never sign up. A fine /tax?...you are going to have to kill me SOBs. Not even prison will force my hand. You made it personal. While winning over your base of support required a hard line approach that divided OUR nation.....it made you REAL ENEMIES in the process. Enjoy bitches!

edit on 5 4 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
a reply to: Elton

Tricare definitely qualifies as equivalent coverage.

Tricare and the ACA

Well, we lost our Tricare Prime and so we been forced into Tricare Standard, all in all it is about 3000 to 5000 dollar increase per year for my family. My company health care also went up with a 50% increase in co-payments thanks to Obamacare, and I lost/reduce some benefits.

This is a little different plan than the "Free healthcare for life" one I signed up for with my 28 years of service...hehe

edit on 4-5-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I would like to get something straight....

If we look at a typical Bronze plan that the vast majority of below middle class would use we get a monthly premium of:

Age 30=$263 Age 40=$296 Age 50=$413 Age 60= $627 per month.

The typical deductible is $5000 - $6000/individual and about $12000/family. What this means is you basically pay 100% until you use up your deductible then the insurance kicks in. This is basically called "catastrophic insurance" since the typically family will not burn though the deductible before it starts all over with a new year unless a real health condition happens.

So you are, lets say, a family that lives month to month and now you have a new 300/per month bill added to your month to month, and then you find out that for every doctor visit you are basically footing the full bill until you burn though your deductibles....

How many of these families can afford the monthly and then pay an extra 6000 to 12000 deductible? So when you see that person that says "I have insurance now, thanks OBAMA!!" I hope they realize they really don't have it until they spend about $9000 in premiums and deductibles.

With all this said, I really do not think the whole web sign-up fiasco is the biggest problem. Everyone right now is thinking "I have insurance" without really understanding what that means. As we see in the next couple of years I will expect the number of sign-up to start to go down and not up as people drop out of it and go back to rolling the dice once they see that they are actually paying out of pocket for a large sum and still expected to pay a premium.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
Many are being taken off pain medications because there new doctors don't believe in there pain.

I think the copay for meds on the Bronze plan is about 35%, so this is now a hidden cost that most will not see coming. If lets say a persons meds is 500 per month then they need to pay 150 to 200 in cost, think of the person with the 10k med bill.....

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I'm sorry to hear that. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who served and came out with an honorable discharge should never have to worry about paying for a doctor's visit again. War or Peacetime service. Why should that even matter, when no one signing up for a 4-6 year term can possibly know it'll be peacetime for their whole contract?

If we can support those at the bottom with a full ride, we should do no less for those who were willing to give all, and those who gave enough to need medical for life afterward.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join