Not Enough Subsidized Signups and Obamcare Goes Over Cliff

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
More indications that the Obama.Care.Boondoggle is not as "Successful" as we are led to believe.

Without enough exchange sign-ups that are eligible for those scrumptious subsidies and credits, there will still be 30 or 40 million people classed as "uninsured" (the newest dirty word label).

One reason for the non-attraction of the uninsured is the simple fact that the damn deductibles are to high.

People have figured out that if they have exchange-style insurance, they may not actually get a doctor close enough to home that will actually accept the thing. That puts people in a dilemma to decide if they want to pay extra for a more convenience.

I think many people feel lied to and cheated.

And wait till all those "Delays" and "Temporary Exceptions" start kicking in.

The chaos so far is just a shot across the bow. The big howitzers are being loaded as we speak.

A top healthcare analyst said the Affordable Care Act’s health insurance marketplaces will not be sustainable unless most of those eligible for subsidies sign up.

Robert Laszewski, president of Health Policy and Strategy Associates, said that as few as 30 percent of people eligible for subsidies in the ACA have signed up for coverage.

In order for the ACA to be sustainable, it has to get at least 70 percent of those people eligible for subsidies to sign up, he said.

Not Enough Subsidized Signups and Obamcare Goes Over Cliff

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

troll harder Xuenchen...
edit on 1-5-2014 by NonsensicalUserName because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: NonsensicalUserName

troll harder Xuenchen...

Glad you agree that Obama.Care is a failure.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The question is how many have paid.

I think they are counting hits on there website as paying customers.

+2 more 
posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I know they are counting some who sure can't pay...

Little-Known Health Act Fact: Prison Inmates Are Signing Up

Nothing like a captive audience to help those stats a little, eh?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
>implying

a reply to: Wrabbit2000
I think prison immates are actually able to get paid; just not much, they work in prison industries.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I like how those who have gotten huge subsidies and "free" healthcare through this ridiculous charade seemingly don't give a damn about all the folks who are going to have to foot the bill for their little freebies and discounts. They will just ride this train until the gas runs out and stand there waiting helplessly as they find another way for someone to fund their way yet again.

It really burns my ass. Really.

The only reason it has lasted this long is because those recieving the "free/heavily subsidized" plans are shouting to the rooftops how amazing it is. Wouldn't we all think it was kind of amazing if we could get it for free.

Hell... At this rate I would settle for premiums "the same price as my cable bill", but that went out the door with "keeping my doctor".

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
The question is how many have paid.

I think they are counting hits on there website as paying customers.

I'll bet they counted everyone in the military too.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
My daughter has an insurance policy that she bought to replace her old one. She did not go through the Obamacare site, but the policy meets the requirements. She does not get a subsidy now because of her income, but she works sporadically and it will adjust if she is unemployed for a while. The cost wasn't much higher than her old policy but it does cover some extra things. It seems like it is cheaper than going through Obamacare also, it's a BCBS policy.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

I thought they got TriCare...?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Elton

Tricare definitely qualifies as equivalent coverage.

Tricare and the ACA

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: NonsensicalUserName

troll harder Xuenchen...

You wasted your whole one sentence on that???

What do you think, makes the published numbers we are seeing on Obamacare, that great?

Des

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
My daughter has an insurance policy that she bought to replace her old one. She did not go through the Obamacare site, but the policy meets the requirements. She does not get a subsidy now because of her income, but she works sporadically and it will adjust if she is unemployed for a while. The cost wasn't much higher than her old policy but it does cover some extra things. It seems like it is cheaper than going through Obamacare also, it's a BCBS policy.

You might want to check into the subsidy eligibility.

I thought subsidies were only available to exchange sign-ups, or people who could verify they had a problem with an exchange process.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I posted in another thread before, but it is also relevant here, so here is a repost:

I was going to get coverage and then a few things came to pass that caused me to cancel. I paid the first bill. First, as a man I have pregnancy and birth control coverage I don't need. That is beside the point though. After I got the card and information in the mail, they do not cover pain management, weight loss programs, and something else I don't recall right now. Right now and for the last many years, my outlay for medical every year is $5K. That is my pain management doctor and my regular family physician that treats my high blood pressure, etc. Fortunately, I have a couple of good doctors and they give me great deals for cash.

So, the insurance would take the first payment by credit or debit card, however, you had to put in your banks routing number and account number for subsequent payments. I knew it was a bad idea to go on, but at the time I thought my doctors would be covered because they were listed in the network they showed online. The monthly cost was $367 with a $1,500 deductible. Not too bad considering I would meet my deductible rather quickly. The monthly cost with subsidy was $128. So, it was going to be good for me. I am single and children are grown and have their own children. However, after giving them my bank info, they wasted no time (10 days) in snaking out the full $367 out of my account. Yea, I get a tax credit to offset my taxes at the end of the year. I don't like having things deducted out of my account because I am a contractor and work on a 1099 basis. I don't get paid until the house is built and closed. So, although I make enough to make the payments, sometimes my account gets low due to late closures, etc. So, there are times I need to wait a few days to make my bills. Fortunately they are staggered through the month which also helps that work out.

Bottom line, I can't afford to pay my doctors and pay for the insurance at the same time that won't cover me. I thought everything was covered, including pre-existing conditions. So, I called the insurance company about them not covering my doc even though he was in their network for pain management. The guy told me they don't cover any pain management. I asked if any of their plans do and he said no. He told me if I went into my family physician and he gave me something for short term pain they would cover that, but not a pain management doctor. I asked why because he was listed and was told that the in network providers were in there for policies that are still covered by large companies that have insurance programs for their employees. So, no way, even buying a more expensive policy (mine was Silver btw) could I get coverage for my pain management doctor. So much for that promise. Basically, I get coverage I will never use as a male, and not get coverage for problems I have to live with, pain management, a preexisting condition.

So, even the numbers that the government is claiming will probably be changing drastically as people realize the load of crap they have been sold. Most people I know are living paycheck to paycheck and can't afford to pay an additional payment, like a new car payment, and hope to get it back at the end of the year. I can't do it and then have to pay out of pocket for my meds and doctors, diagnostics, etc. It would be one thing if they covered the money that was going out for medical care (current spending for pain management, etc.) and you had to pay some additional to have a better situation with insurance in case you get sick or have an accident not covered by other insurance. I believe that in a few months, once the things are shaken out, the numbers will be much worse than the government is claiming now. Anyway, that was my surprise experience after trying to do the right thing and get insurance.

edit on 1/5/14 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton

originally posted by: Snarl

I thought they got TriCare...?

We do ... but, costs were adjusted during the ObamaCare fiasco. Same flavor, same waddling walk, same quack. One has to ask why the guberment won't speak to the specifics of their numbers. Maybe that's where they came up with a million+.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

This is the latest garbage they are spewing.

Of course they are counting Medicare...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

You got the royal screw, didn't you. I'd close that bank account. Open a new one the sticky fingers of Obamacare can't access.

I know of one MOD here, whom the last I heard. Has 3 open accounts on Obamacare. She has spent countless hours and days, trying to get 2 of them closed. Even the nifty Obamacare navigators told her they don't have a provision for doing that, nor know how if they did. I wonder if they are going to triple dip her bank account.

It's awful they won't cover pain management. You're about the 7th person I've heard that from. What I think is total BS about not covering pain management is. About 10 years ago, insurance companies were pushing Doctors to offer pain management to patients before back surgery, as it was way cheaper in the long run.

Obamacare is like a pickpocket working the crowd at the superbowl.

Look at it this way. You are now covered for the pain of pushing a baby out of your nonexistent womb...

Des
edit on 2-5-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

She has spent countless hours and days, trying to get 2 of them closed. Even the nifty Obamacare navigators told her they don't have a provision for doing that, nor know how if they did.

Okay, so let me get this straight. Our civil servants ordered up a website which has cost us all hundreds of millions of dollars, hasn't worked for most of the time it's existed to date, and generally sucks when it does work.

but..like a bad infomercial..that's not all, right?

They're now telling us they just told the designers not to bother with a disenrollment option? (I can imagine the laughs and 'why would anyone ever want to leave anyway?')

Really? I mean, this really happened...right? We aren't just in some collective bad dream that's gone on and on and on?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

I kid you not. I'll try to find the thread, but not sure I can, I've posted in so many Obamacare threads. Where the Sweet MOD, you know her well, posted her long horror story of trying to get 2 of her family's active accounts deleted. The only reason she ended up with 3 is because of the website malfunctioning and redirecting her to start again.

Due to the website not working right, she then was informed she has 3 active accounts...what a joke this whole disaster has been. She spent hours and hours on the phone with navigators only to be told...duh...we don't know how to fix your problem. We have no provision for deleting duplicate accounts.

Des

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Well, I guess that at least means triple coverage right?

Of course... this isn't random error that ever benefit us, so I'm sure it'll work out more like triple deductible. Heck.. I better shush.. I'm not helping.

(hops a good distance before chuckling a bit)

Laugh or cry with this mess, right?

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join