It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Either Religions a conspiracy or Everything else is.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE
a reply to: jrflipjr

Fair enough. But there are no repeatable predictable experiments in religion. Hell you kinda made my point with your definition of hypothesis. Faith since it's not testable doesn't even qualify as a hypothesis. So they arnt the same.

Science doesn't use faith. There's no need. If you think some thing is true. First you try and disprove it. Then you make predictions to validate it.

Religion has never done either.... At least no successfully.

The main reason I'm a science atheist is because after literally thousands of years of religion running society and every religious person on the planet trying to find and present some proof... Any proof. What do we have? Debunked Bronze Age accounts of miracles. That science has proven the testable events wrong.

On the other hand science hasn't even been " in charge" ( science has never had complete control as religion did for millinia) a century yet and look at what they have accomplished. EVERYTHING!

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

Good point about the hypothesis thingy. So, I guess we're all scientists at heart. It's just a matter of which hypothesis we're working on.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: jrflipjr

Yup! I just find it crazy to base your whole life on an entirely unproven hypothesis. People want to know the crap we put up with in life will count for something. That the good and evil both get what they deserve for the life they lead. IMHO it's a destructive concept. We are more likely to ignore injustice and evil because god will take care of it. While I think it's up to us to make sure the good and evil
Both get there's.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Some people are just mistaken and misguided. They really do believe that whatever religion they follow is real and some of them become religious leaders. This doesn't mean they are intentionally trying to trick people.

But as most religions are based around a set of rules they are basically instruments of control.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

So what side do you fall on?

Religion is a social engineering mech. designed to assist in healthy EA*RTH living and assist in preparation for beyond EA*RTH living. It has been misused overtime by beings who felt that they could use it for political gains over many. And now many disbelieve, which just requires the proper GLOBAL reminders when best appropriate a time...

NAMASTE*******

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

1: religion is all one big conspiracy to control us.
2: religion is the truth and pretty much everything else is a big conspiracy to control us and turn us away from god.

originally posted by: WanDash
Category #3 - Everything, including religion, is a conspiracy
Category #4 - My particular conviction is a conspiracy...and everything-else isn't.

There is some truth in 1, 2, and 3...

My answer: Everything, including religion, is a conspiracy to control us and turn us away from god.

The answer though really depends on how you define the word "religion".

The word has been twisted over time to mean something completely different to everyone.

When I think of the word, I think of mind control.

Religion IS a HUGE mind control tool designed to steer you AWAY from the truth.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid...My answer: Everything, including religion, is a conspiracy to control us and turn us away from god.

...When I think of the word, I think of mind control.

...Religion IS a HUGE mind control tool designed to steer you AWAY from the truth.

Thanks, Murgatroid - was beginning to think I'd found the perfect way to contribute INVISIBLE posts.
When you think of "religion" - you think of 'mind control'. Can't say I disagree...but, might expand/limit the concept to "crowd control". If everyone believing a certain set of 'principles' (or otherwise) was doing it on their own (individually), no nefariously-inspired 'mass movements' of those individuals could be 'counted on'. You kind of have to get them all agreeing that they agree with each other...to get them to agree to 'move' with each other.
Not contradicting (I don't think) your statement - just putting my twist on it.
Thanks again!

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: WanDash

originally posted by: Murgatroid...My answer: Everything, including religion, is a conspiracy to control us and turn us away from god.

...When I think of the word, I think of mind control.

...Religion IS a HUGE mind control tool designed to steer you AWAY from the truth.

Thanks, Murgatroid - was beginning to think I'd found the perfect way to contribute INVISIBLE posts.
When you think of "religion" - you think of 'mind control'. Can't say I disagree...but, might expand/limit the concept to "crowd control". If everyone believing a certain set of 'principles' (or otherwise) was doing it on their own (individually), no nefariously-inspired 'mass movements' of those individuals could be 'counted on'. You kind of have to get them all agreeing that they agree with each other...to get them to agree to 'move' with each other.
Not contradicting (I don't think) your statement - just putting my twist on it.
Thanks again!

I too thought it very odd that your post was ignored while in reality it was the closest to reality.

Seems to happen all to often whenever someone gets too close to the truth.

ESPECIALLY when it involves the truth about religion.

The politically correct cognitive dissonance mode seems to kick in because of all the Jedi mind tricks we have all been subjected to.

It reminds me of the robot from "Lost in Space": "That does not compute..."

Nothing makes any sense because "Everything is backwards and upside down" like the SIG quote says.

Whenever someone mentions that there's a hidden agenda behind religion is to destroy spirituality, most minds simply go tilt and can't handle it.

Someone else here wrote a post on this:

Originally posted by DumbTopSecretWriters
The Illuminati have an agenda to make people intolerant to religion, and it is constantly being mocked in the media. People are being conditioned using clever psychological techniques into believing that religion is nothing more than fables of the ancients. Destroying the belief in God is their top priority. They want to make religion irrelevant by discouraging people to study it because the deeper someone looks into religions, the more they see the truth behind them which ultimately reveals more about the Illuminati’s purpose and goals. Do not fall prey to such conditioning. If you already have, then you need your bhoota slapped with a chappal to sort you out.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join