It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Deputy Who Shot Samantha Ramsey: Written Account Exclusively Obtained By The Cincinnati Enquirer...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

In a written account of events he gave to his employer that has been exclusively obtained by The Enquirer, the three-page statement sheds additional light on how a decorated officer with a master's in criminology ended up killing a preschool teacher, who was leaving a field party.

De puty Who Shot Samantha Ramsey: Written Account Exclusively Obtained By The Cincinnati Enquirer...

The Cincinnati Enquirer obtained a copy of Boone County Sheriff's Deputy Tyler Brockman's detailed account of the events that led to the fatal shooting of Samantha Ramsey, 19.

Holy Moly. I cannot hardly even read this. This is a pretty unique case that is unfolding in Hebron, Kentucky (which is just south of Cincinnati, Ohio).

I really hope the members of ATS take the time to read the original document, which is at the end of The Enquirer's article.

edit on 1-5-2014 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I read it and it still sounds like he jumped on the hood then shot her a few times.

But I suspect that since he is a LEO his story about jumping after he was struck to save his life and ended up on the hood will be taken at face value and he will return to service soon.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Unless another video comes about that shows the deputy actually jumping onto the car from the side, the cop will be cleared.

If another video shows up he is lying.... He's in trouble.

Thank you for posting this. I was wondering where this one would go.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Felt the wind rushing up his back and noticed the car was speeding up, that is when he knew she was going to kill him

That was a horrible read, and this was all about a party??
sad day indeed

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
he should be charged with murder and he can present his statement in court like anyone else.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
His original call was to check out a car accident after a deer was struck in the road.

The field party sounds like it was in the same area. It was around 2:00 am and the party was dispersing after a fight broke out.

I am curious about the type of terminology that is normally used in a report such as this.

Why is there so much illeism (AKA referring to oneself in the third person) in a such an important statement?

Curious if this the way LEO's write reports that involve themselves?

Illeism

edit on 1-5-2014 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

It starts out as a lie so how can any of it be believed??? The girl did not drive into the cop as she left the driveway...That's a lie...

The car was moving as he went after it...He would have had to run ahead of it and jump in front of a moving car if he was telling the truth and of course the car would have bumped him...

But the eyewitness says he is lying...He jumped on the hood from the side of the car and murdered the girl...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Ya they do, it is normal in the reports, or at least the ones I have seen
That way they avoid words like I, me ect...
Less confusion for the third party reading the report. Almost like they are watching it happen.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
This scumbag cop works just across the river from me. This teenager didn't deserve a death sentence, but somehow this LEO thought he was fit to give her one. I am so angry about this I can barely read or respond to this post.

The witnesses say HE chose to jump on her hood because she was trying to leave the scene. HE put his life in danger if it ever was in danger and frankly I think he would have been fine if he just rolled off the hood instead of deciding to shoot.

This is just more proof that LEOs need to be disarmed and not the people.

I am going to throw up now...

ETA: Boone County Sheriffs Office website...HERE
edit on 2014/5/1 by Metallicus because: ETA

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Thank you, sent an email because I don't think I could control my language over the phone.
Cheers

a reply to: Metallicus

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Elton
I read it and it still sounds like he jumped on the hood then shot her a few times.

But I suspect that since he is a LEO his story about jumping after he was struck to save his life and ended up on the hood will be taken at face value and he will return to service soon.

Of course it does. Because that's how YOU and many here WANT it to sound.

You can cleary see that she had no intention on stopping. My guess would be she didn't want another DUI.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: nightstalker78

So shoot her huh?

You can't clearly see anything except a car drive past a cop and him making a move going the way the car is.
Which is why the cop is going to get away with this.

There was zero reason for this girl to lose her life, zero

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Im not saying she should've been shot. Don't know enough about the case just yet.

And you can clearly see she was not stopping. What happened after that we don't know.

Here's an experiment. Replace the cop with your average everyday citizen. They are hanging on for life to the front of the vehicle. The person driving won't stop. Do they have a right to shoot that person? if you say yes,then the same applies to the cop. IF it happened as he says it did.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: nightstalker78

originally posted by: Elton

You can cleary see that she had no intention on stopping. My guess would be she didn't want another DUI.

I gave you a star!

I agree with you, she had received a DUI a year ago. The fact that she only received a 120 day license suspension would lead me to think she got diversion. If she received another DUI within three years she would be re-prosecuted for the first one as well as the second and the diversion would be null and void, she would be facing jail time and some hard fines. All of which I am sure she would have been aware of since the repercussions of a 2nd DUI within a set period of time after receiving diversion are clearly outlined at the time of acceptance.

It really is tragic she lost her life, and the officer most likely could have handled it differently but if actually felt his life was in danger he did what his training told him to do.

I don't agree with with the officers actions, but IF it worked out the way his report says then I can understand them.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Since when is blindness a prerequisite to objectivity? All one need do is view the video evidence, which clearly shows that the murderer lied in his report. Multiple eyewitness accounts corroborate the video evidence as well. Even more damning is the fact that another incompetent deputy is seen, later on in the video, pointing his loaded weapon at multiple people, multiple times – as if it were little more than an extension of his finger – while shouting instructions at them; evidence this entire department is reckless and out of control.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Lots of if's and but's in this case..
If the Cop hadn't jumped on the hood he wouldn't have put his own life in danger.
If the Girl had stopped when asked to she wouldn't be laying on a slab.
But maybe the cop suspected she was intoxicated and in the process of killing the driver he saved the life of the other three individuals in the car and maybe some other innocents as well..

I'm sure the others in the car will be on the stand to tell a different story than what the cop has told, but then the witnesses will be cross examined in court as to the level of their intoxication and whether or not they actually knew WTF was going on at the time.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

a reply to: nightstalker78

I agree with you. I'm having a hard time understanding how people can't see that it is entirely believable that he was in fear for his life. She had to make a wide left turn around the front of his cruiser and her car leaves the video frame directly after that.

I think what he is referring to is not a head-on collision, as some seem to be interpreting...she had to pull the car hard left to clear the front of his cruiser and line her car up with the road going the opposite direction...and you can clearly see that is exactly what she was doing, by which time he was already walking alongside her car and trying to get her to stop. She was motivated by liquid courage and the fear of another DUI, and probably thought she could get away since he was on foot and she was not. If he had not jumped onto the hood, he would have been pinned between the driver's side of his car and the driver's side of hers, going the opposite direction. And she was planning on fleeing...also clearly shown accelerating and decelerating, most likely blinded by his flashlight beam too, which made her hesitant; he was already walking right next to the car...she probably panicked and gunned it.

Was it necessary to shoot her? Maybe not, but his intent was to stop her from getting out on that road and once it appeared that not only was she not going to comply, but was also a danger to herself, the people in her car, and other people walking on the road...it's not hard to imagine him panicking and fearing for his life when she made that aggressive left turn. He could easily have been crushed to death or pulled under the tires had he stayed on the asphalt. And she would have kept on driving, intoxicated and reckless, putting others in danger.

I wonder if the same people would still blame him if he hadn't stopped her and she instead drove away and subsequently got into a wreck and killed some of those underage kids she was drinking and partying with? She had a record of driving under the influence, was drinking alcohol at a party with minors and had a known criminal evading arrest inside her car with her. Seems pretty cut and dried to me. I guess he could have just pistol whipped her or punched her in the face but the window wasn't down, so his choices were a tad limited...either do something drastic to stop this drunk, dangerous driver or let her go and possibly kill innocent bystanders or other motorists. She was breaking the law, and not for the first time...and she made that choice.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
If it comes out she was drinking and driving then I don't feel one bit sorry for her ass. Personally I myself have a zero tolerance for drunks who drive. While growing up my best friend lost his girlfriend to a drunk driver hitting her as she walked across the street getting the mail. I sat in the hospital next to him and her when they had to pull the plug, so I have seen first hand the destruction d & d does. The toxicology reports will explain all that happened that night I am sure, and let me point out she had prior problems and was driving under a conditional license at the time.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: jaynkeel

If it comes out she was drinking and driving then I don't feel one bit sorry for her ass. Personally I myself have a zero tolerance for drunks who drive. While growing up my best friend lost his girlfriend to a drunk driver hitting her as she walked across the street getting the mail. I sat in the hospital next to him and her when they had to pull the plug, so I have seen first hand the destruction d & d does. The toxicology reports will explain all that happened that night I am sure, and let me point out she had prior problems and was driving under a conditional license at the time.

Exactly my point. It is hard for me personally to have pity on people who drink and drive and knowingly place others at risk. Working in emergency medicine for over 15 years, I have seen the results of that too many times to count. I'll be the first one to point out the shortcomings of law enforcement in cases such as the kid with the Wii controller, but this was nothing like that. She clearly and deliberately disobeyed the officer and tried to flee, and it is 100% proven that she did, to anyone who watches the tape. I'm sorry she lost her life because of poor choices, but the body count could have been far worse had the officer not stopped her.

If it wasn't so sad, I would almost laugh at the responses on this thread...as well as the opening quote in the OP about her being a preschool teacher, making it sound like she was just some innocent girl out for some fresh air who got ruthlessly murdered by a trigger-happy cop for no reason other than he just wanted to jump on her hood and shoot her through the windshield, when the reality was quite far from that.

She was driving intoxicated on a provisional license, coming from a party where there were underage kids drinking (and then walking to their cars so they could drive drunk too...gotta love role models), and she very clearly and very deliberately disobeyed a police officer and tried to flee the area. That really disturbs me...all these people basically accepting drunk, reckless driving and breaking the law as being perfectly ok and making this officer out to be a cold-blooded murderer who was just picking on this sweet little innocent preschool teacher. They would be singing a far different song if she had run over the cop and then proceeded to mow down and kill a bunch pedestrians in her drunken state instead.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
One tid bit we should consider before we condem the officer.

What was the measured distance between where the video shows the officer light in her face and where he fired the first shot.

If it was just along side the cruiser, but out of view of the camera, we may have a problem.
But if it was 10 feet or more behind the cruiser she has the problem.

Remember the district policy allows officers to fire at fleeing subjects.
He was clearly attempting to stop her at the front while in camera view.
How far behind the cruiser would you consider her to be fleeing?

If he let her skate by then she ran over a pedrestrian 200 feet down the road while drunk, would you crusify him?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join