It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veterans Affairs officials purged 1.5 million unfinished medical orders

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: rockflier

Ha!

Hey I know a good VA orthodontist....

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
That sounds awful but I do want to give a shout out to the VA for everything they have done for me. I have 0 problems getting what I need and they are extremely friendly to me...they can be slow at times but they do have limited resources. AFter reading this I hurried up and checked all my stuff online and I still seem to be good...curious what this is really all about.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Why do we even need VA hospitals?

Let veterans go to the hospital of their choice with some sort of voucher or ID card. Government can then reimburse for care. Hell, the DoD is contracting out everything else...

Why pay for overhead on facilities? Why pay crappy staff doctors for poor results? Why pay legions of paperwork shufflers who slow things down and impede care?
edit on 5/2/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The VA is government-run healthcare.

WELCOME TO OBAMACARE!

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: jrflipjr

An elderly blind veteran crying in pain spent four hours and 45 minutes in the emergency room of the VA Medical Center in North Las Vegas before seeing a doctor in October, but federal inspectors said in a report Wednesday that such long waits were not unusual for patients at the hospital.

Las Vegas VA Problems
Phoenix is not the only facility with problems. I too applaud those who do their best of us, but the bureaucracy is mired down as are most federal agencies. It would seem logical to combine the VA with Medicare advantage programs. At least in this area the Medicare patients seem to get proper care. I will find out in August, as I go on Medicare then. At lease one can get a timely appointment with them.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Why do we even need VA hospitals?

Let veterans go to the hospital of their choice with some sort of voucher or ID card. Government can then reimburse for care. Hell, the DoD is contracting out everything else...

Why pay for overhead on facilities? Why pay crappy staff doctors for poor results? Why pay legions of paperwork shufflers who slow things down and impede care?

we would end up getting substandard care. it takes time for doctors to learn the special medical disorders seen in veterans.
agent orange. gulf war syndrome. strange diseases from other areas of the world.

I do not get crappy staff doctors, The VA hospital i go to is staffed by UCLA medical school doctors, interns, and residents.
www.losangeles.va.gov...
In a few VA hospitals its not the doctors but the people running the hospitals that are crappy.
case in point the Phoenix VA. and these administrators were turned in by a doctor from the hospital.
www.thewire.com...

I spent 14 months trying to get medical care from other doctors and they said it was all in my head.

Since then at the VA they have found Castleman's disease, Sarcoidosis, small fiber polyneuropathy, fibromyalgia.
I also had a 5 way heart bypass surgery and drove myself home 7 day later,

I will not go to the local hospital in the town i live in because they are so bad,
But i know if i have to i will be transported to a VA hospital as soon as i am stable

By the way i am a ex EMT that has seen the inside of the local hospital ER many times.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: rockflier

I am not sure what happened to my post above. You can search for a blind veteran being not seen for many hours at the North Las Vegas VA hospital. Apparently there are quite a few facilities that are so strapped for cash that the service is very poor.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I am one these vets you talk about.

When it is time for me to die, I will go outside and die in the gutter. This way I will be found and properly taken care of instead of dying in a Vets disabled facility.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join