It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veterans Affairs officials purged 1.5 million unfinished medical orders

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Another scandal is brewing.

This time it's the VA and their apparent boondoggling of records.

Another conspiracy.

More indications that most big bureaucracies are riddled with corruption and greed and extreme jealousy.

This even has the VA "rearranging" documents and keeping "double" books.

More than 1.5 million medical orders were canceled by the Department of Veterans Affairs without any guarantee the patients received the treatment or tests they needed, the Washington Examiner has found.

Since May 2013, veterans' medical centers nationwide have been under pressure to clear out 2 million backlogged orders for patient care or services.

They were given wide latitude to cancel unfilled appointments more than 90 days old. By April 2014, the backlog of what the agency calls “unresolved consults” was down to about 450,000.

Veterans Affairs officials purged 1.5 million unfinished medical orders

Related follow-up article...

Whistleblowers say more than 40 patients died because of delays in treatment while in the Phoenix VA Health Care System.

Veterans Affairs puts 3 on leave; Congress threatens subpoena over destruction of 'secret' wait list

Hmmm.

Obama-Deathpanel-conspiracy ?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The department of veterans affairs must want they die sincerely for save money.

They are too dumb to believe there's any military institution would care about the human life .(if the military institution can't take advantage from those people )
edit on 1-5-2014 by candlestick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Actually, I think the VA used to do a good job on the vets. They decided to sub out the doctoring here though, and they have a few pillpushers in their contracted doctors. Most times the VA hospital cut down the medications on my relatives and older friends and that made them healthier, they were being given too many pills by the regular doctors and they weren't taking them off the pills that were bothering them. When they got back home, within months the doctors were sticking them on more pills again that made them weak and sick...Depressing to see.

From what I saw in the past the care at the VA hospitals and the VA doctors were pretty good. They got things fixed.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
Care at the Las Vegas VA facilities have been excellent for me, up until about a month ago. I was declared 100% temporarily disabled due to Agent Orange prostate cancer. Radical prostatectomy, positive margins, radiation, hormone therapy for 2 years. At that time PSA was .01. 12 months later they tell me they are reducing me to 60% without any further tests. I took it upon myself to schedule serum tests and they were .02. 2 weeks later they were .03. Submitted a notice of disagreement and they conveniently lost my paperwork. I resubmitted just 2 days shy of my allotted time to disagree. They are doing their best to cut benefits and save money.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: rockflier

Problem is that they don't have enough allocated money, the government is broke. I do not feel that this is the place to cut though. They must have gotten some pretty scroungy people running things at the top now, trying to cut corners. The medical costs under the old system were a lot less. At first it was a little cheaper but that cheap price flew north by the doctors requiring all sorts of treatments that are expensive. I thought the VA's more socialized medicine was better than the regular healthcare we had in this country. They never had nearly the budget yet they did good.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
You might be right calling it a deathpanel, the article said Sharon Helman, the director of the Phoenix VA health system, got a $9,345 bonus last year. 40 dead Vets = $9,345. If they remove her will she be moved to a higher paid job?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: irgust
There is indeed massive waste in the VA. Small example was my hearing aid remote control. Mine needed reprogrammed, they could not, so they ordered a new one. It arrived and they could not connect it to my bluetooth. They told me to keep it, ordered a new one. It arrived, they programmed it and told me to keep BOTH the old ones. One small example.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I use to have my primary care doctors appointments about every 6 months.

My last one was in 2/13 my next one is 5/15/14 that 15 months.

In the media you see the democrats talking about how they support veterans.
BS the democrats hate veteran but they love votes and will say one thing and when no one is looking they do the opposite.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED
I have to go primary care doctor every 6 months but I have blood test about every 2 months to check my kidney and liver, they think they may quit working because of the cysts in them, glad I'm not in Phoenix. And not many politicians like Vets, most of them have never been in the military, they don't like people thinking the country is worth fighting for.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED
I still am able to see my primary every 6 months. I go on Medicare 1 August, so I at least have a fighting chance at getting care when I need it.

EDIT: The bad thing is, we have Dingy Harry Reid here.
edit on Thu, 01 May 2014 23:00:47 -050020142014-05-01T23:00:47-05:00kfThursday00America/ChicagoThu, 01 May 2014 23:00:47 -0500 by rockflier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Arizona VA is corrupt as all F....

My buddy's father is a neurologist who used to work for the VA down here, but discovered some f'd up corruption where the a head of surgery was importing top notch surgeons and then documenting that local interns and surgeons were performing the surgeries.

The guy had his name on a building and they ended up giving him a six figure severance package, sweeping it under the rug, and now he works as a business consultant for medical companies.

Hoooooo buddy, I have heard some disgusting stories about the VA.

-FBB

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Hang in there, maybe with all the things coming out in the news maybe congress and the VA might have to do something.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: irgust
With the current administration, I am not holding my breath. I just went on Social Security, cannot work because of the incontinence caused by the radiation. Just HOPING they do not cut it also.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I personally believe the VA was intended to do/be the right thing - and they still are to some degree. The problem is, they are a bureaucracy - like EVERY other government agency - GREAT INTENTIONS, but TERRIBLE DELIVERY!

I've been retired military for several years now and I can't find the courage to face the VA with my PTSD because there is no control over what happens to me. Take a moment in time - just one second of my life...

Right now, I'm a hero for tackling my PTSD.

Right now, I'm a liability to the security of the nation because I have PTSD.

Which regulation would you like me to quote...and from what agency?

It's a shame because I believe I have served honorably (retired - 20 years), yet I cannot find any government agency to support me for saving their ass!

I truly find it amazing that I continue to pay taxes. But, based on another post I made, one has to have faith in the progression of humans.

I think...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: jrflipjr

Thank you for your service. I too suffer from some PTSD from Vietnam, Granada, San Salvador, and Nicaragua. I left at 15 years when the dual standards for males and females came out. I cannot see anyone for PTSD for fear they will disarm me and declare me a terrorist according to the new guideline. Hell of a situation. Keep up the good fight, my friend. We all will.

EDIT: I also believe the VA front line troops do their best with what they have. It is the upper layers, the politicos, who screw it up.
edit on Thu, 01 May 2014 23:20:24 -050020142014-05-01T23:20:24-05:00kfThursday20America/ChicagoThu, 01 May 2014 23:20:24 -0500 by rockflier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
That may explain why it has taken a year and counting to get my records sent from Pittsburgh to Spokane... lost in the adminisphere...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Thank you for your service (may I call you brother?)

We can only move forward and learn from the past.

If only the nation would follow our lead....

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I am honored to be referred to as your brother. Brothers in arms.
I have little faith that they will learn. Our once great nation has gone down the tubes. It will take another generation of patriots such as us to make things right. I fear they are not here.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

You're killing me with your avatar! It says so much...in a good way!

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

That is an actual picture of me. HAHAHAHA

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join