It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LA Police Chief claims Gun as Defensive Weapon... A Myth.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

It can be a real issue with the media distortions and outright misrepresentations of how often citizens rely upon firearms to save their own lives and/or those of others...so I found a few links here that make for good reading on the subject.

The first one here is a directory of a few hundred stories, sorted by state: Index of Firearm Defense Stories

This one makes a point of collecting these stories for publishing: The Armed Citizen

30 days of guns saving lives: A collection of true stories of self-defense is a list of links to interesting firearm defense stories...

..and finally one of the leading gun rights organizations in the country, Gun Owners of America, maintain their own archive of stories showing common citizens making life changing decisions in positive ways with their weapon and rights to use it when required.

edit on 3-5-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: Fixed link problem

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

originally posted by: projectvxn
The hell? Is this guy for real? Defensive gun uses outnumber criminal uses of guns by a wide margin.

Hell there are 10 times more news stories out there of regular citizens using their guns in a defensive manner than all the news stories of criminals using guns to hurt the innocent.

I'm having a very hard time believing this is true. It's pretty rare for me to hear about someone defending themselves with a gun and fairly common to hear about someone being murdered, shot, or mugged with one.

Visit this site and you will....

Link

ETA: And before you say it's pro-gun (which it is) they report the good, bad and the ugly. Not just cases that look good for gun owners.
edit on 5/3/2014 by TiedDestructor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Did anyone else catch where he said cops don't carry guns for defense of themselves or others?

Could be, they seem to be offensive weaponry to be used at the whim police to enforce their own ideology in the situation.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AnAbsoluteCreation

If you don't think a gun is for defense, just ask the guy who broke into our house several years ago.... oh you can ask but he won't answer.

If you don't think my gun is a weapon, just rattle our door knob at night and you'll learn pretty quick.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

You ever thought the media has something to do with that? They'd rather report about someone shooting another than someone defusing a robbery with a gun?
AAC

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join