It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Me and my son talk about father kicking 6 year old off ramp.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mr Mask

originally posted by: algag1129
He's going to hate his father for the rest of his life and nothing will change that. There's the fathers punishment

Awwww, that is one thing I am overly sure will not happen in the least. The son's love for the father is not in question nor is the father's love for his son.

MM

I think it depends . . . IF . . . the son's trust is AS CRUSHED as it may well have been . . . then the son may be very detached, resigned, despairing etc. about the relationship with the Dad for a very long time. Hate would be an intense level of that, if the intensity of the despair is sufficiently high.

And, we all tend to reap what we sow. It's a universal law . . . may take time . . . but the chickens do come home to roost.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

originally posted by: algag1129
He's going to hate his father for the rest of his life and nothing will change that. There's the fathers punishment

Awwww, that is one thing I am overly sure will not happen in the least. The son's love for the father is not in question nor is the father's love for his son.

MM

I think it depends . . . IF . . . the son's trust is AS CRUSHED as it may well have been . . . then the son may be very detached, resigned, despairing etc. about the relationship with the Dad for a very long time. Hate would be an intense level of that, if the intensity of the despair is sufficiently high.

And, we all tend to reap what we sow. It's a universal law . . . may take time . . . but the chickens do come home to roost.

Well, I can alms assure, unless something seriously more messed up than this happens throughout the kid's life, that his love for the father will be undying. A 6 year old is not normally one to hold a grudge.

MM

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

edit on 4-5-2014 by freelance_zenarchist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Well, I can alms assure, unless something seriously more messed up than this happens throughout the kid's life, that his love for the father will be undying. A 6 year old is not normally one to hold a grudge.

MM

I think you make an excellent point. You could well be right in this case, too.

Kids persist in clinging to all shreds of love and hope of love from incredibly abusive parents.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Mr Mask

Thank you for posting this video. I wouldn’t have known about it otherwise. I took several days to collect my thoughts before responding. I needed to filter out and refine my emotions. I wanted to pass on an idea that I hope you might integrate into your thinking. For the record, I am a father as well.

This man needs help. I don’t mean that in a negative way. I mean he literally needs help from the rest of society.

He needs help without being judged. It’s not because he is absolved of his actions. It is because this is probably the most efficient and productive path. And speed is of the essence since it affects his family.

He is probably suffering from:

1.) Stress
2.) Immaturity
3.) A genetic disposition for impatience and anger
4.) A concern for his son’s “manliness”
5.) A twisted sense of how to prepare his son into manhood. “The tough world”.
6.) A similar upbringing
7.) And most importantly he is suffering from his rash decision (ie. he is responsible)

My heart goes out to the boy AND his father. I believe this boy’s dad must be very confused and could use a role model like you Mr. Mask. He needs help and he needs compassion.

I dream that one day soon our social development will take off like an industrial revolution. I imagine that in a world like that there would be centers for people to get the help they need without the fear or anger of being judged.

Thanks for sharing and thank you for being a great role model your son.

Please tell him he did an excellent job in the video. He will grow up to be a true man.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Am I the only one having issues seeing him actually kick the kid off the ramp? If he did, yes, that's abusive. All I can see, though, is video of him beside the boy, and then he moved, and the video seems to jump to the kid going down, as the dad walks away, possibly to go down and retrieve the child. I have watched it several times, and the "jump" is always there, and I can't see the actual reported "kick" at all. It's like frames are missing.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
who cares, it's his kid.

the kid was a hot shot.

maybe dad was teaching him some humility.

kid had all the safety equipment on.

15' slope, 1/2 pipe?

it wasn't Acapulco.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
Am I the only one having issues seeing him actually kick the kid off the ramp? If he did, yes, that's abusive. All I can see, though, is video of him beside the boy, and then he moved, and the video seems to jump to the kid going down, as the dad walks away, possibly to go down and retrieve the child. I have watched it several times, and the "jump" is always there, and I can't see the actual reported "kick" at all. It's like frames are missing.

No frames are missing. You can clearly see the kick is kicked.

I don't know why you can't see it?

I mean that honestly. it is graphically clear the father walks behind the boy and boots him off the side.

MM

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao
who cares, it's his kid.

the kid was a hot shot.

15' slope, 1/2 pipe?

it wasn't Acapulco.

Ok...so you don't care if a 6 year old is kicked off a 15ft ledge if its not "your child".

Its that kind of thinking that produces a society where men are raised to kick fragile little children I guess.

Sorry, your logic (or lack of) disturbs me.

MM

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: compressedFusion

THX for such an excellent analysis and commentary.

I fairly wholesale agree. Impressive.

Compassion and learning are certainly better than arbitrary and arrogant slap-downs.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: compressedFusion

You did a great job summing up the needed solution to this issue. I agree with everything you said.

The world needs more compassionate and thoughtful people like you.

Thanks for the thoughtful comment.

MM

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Mr Mask
How many people are proud of you defending child abuse? Go ahead...count them...I will wait.
Even though I said in my very first post that what this guy did was wrong you have continualy tried to make it seem as though I'm defending child abuse! I'm not, and anyone who bothered to read my posts WILL know that!

You said about the father, concerning the video...

Mr Mask
the backlash and attention he is getting is pretty good punishment

So, you think the father deserves the public attention he is getting via the video. It's also very clear you hope your own video that you've put on to youtube and ats will add to that backlash.

And you also said...

Mr Mask
And it could easily leave him mentally damaged for life.

So we can assume your also concerned about the emotional effect this event had on the child, right?

So...
What about the mental damage caused by the "sicko's" who shoved this poor kids face onto sites like ATS and Youtube?

Well?

I seriously hope you're not going to try to defend yourself over that!?

You DID publish that kids face as PUBLICLY as possible and you have PUBLICLY demonised the kids father. Do you seriously believe that is going to help that childs mental health!?
Short of physicaly beating the child, its about the worst thing you could have done!
The child is now known the world over as "That kid who was so scared his dad had to kick him off the ramp".
Ok, so you didn't post the original youtube vid, but you sure went to a lot of trouble to increase its views, you even created your own video in which you allowed your own son to help in the public humiliation of that poor kid!
Yep! you got the kids father real good! but you also got the kid too!!!

Did you ask that poor kid if he minded you creating a vid about him or his father?

You made it VERY clear that YOUR OWN son had a choice about being in a youtube vid, so I ask again, did you ask that kid if it was ok to USE him for your own video?

You didn't did you!!? and that means that YOU SIR! made a mistake!
You are guilty of an action that really will hurt that child!

I didn't defend what that father did, but I did suggest that what he did may have been a mistake, maybe just for one second he didn't think clearly! but you dont have that luxury of doubt, because you spent hours creating that video and uploading it to youtube, and you even spent time creating this thread. All in all you probably had days to see that creating your video was not in the interests of that childs mental health.

So, considering the things you've said...

Mr Mask

"There is no way this is not 100% abuse and criminal."

"it could easily leave him mentally damaged for life."

"This was more than a mistake...this was child abuse."

"Yes, this is physical and mental child abuse."

Where does that leave you?

Also, when people in this thread have disagreed with you, you start throwing comments like..

Mr Mask
"Whatever drives a maladjusted moron."

"if this sort of thing was left to people like you, we would have a world of innocent children being kicked to their deaths with no punishment."

I mention that because you also said..

Mr Mask
"And not one has come forward showing any form of intelligence beyond ape-like machoism. It surely is sick."

Well, I was the first person in the thread to challenge you on this subject, and I cercainly wasn't guilty of "ape-like machoism",my concern was that you knew nothing about this man other than a two second clip of video yet you were saying things like...

Mr Mask
"if the father does this sort of thing causally in public without hesitation, I can not image what he does in the privacy of his own home."

and the operative word in that sentence being "imagine" because thats exactly what you were doing, you were IMAGINING that he was being cruel at home, yet you had absolutely no knowledge of this childs home life whatsoever! its all pure imagination based on a two second video clip!

As I mentioned IN MY FIRST POST, I am not defending what took place.

QUESTIONS.
1. Please tell us when you aquired permission from the child in the video to make a video (and thread) that demonises his father?

2. Any child psychologist would tell you that your actions of creating a video about the child and his father is certainly not in the interests of the childs mental well being. So, do you agree you've made a mistake?

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

who cares, it's his kid.

the kid was a hot shot.

15' slope, 1/2 pipe?

it wasn't Acapulco.

Ok...so you don't care if a 6 year old is kicked off a 15ft ledge if its not "your child".

Its that kind of thinking that produces a society where men are raised to kick fragile little children I guess.

Sorry, your logic (or lack of) disturbs me.

MM

Geez, someone makes an excellent point and you just can't grasp the concept due to your bleeding heart, it takes a village to raise a child nonsense!

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

who cares, it's his kid.

the kid was a hot shot.

15' slope, 1/2 pipe?

it wasn't Acapulco.

Perfect logic! Thanks for some sense in here!

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: compressedFusion

Thank you for posting this video. I wouldn’t have known about it otherwise. I took several days to collect my thoughts before responding. I needed to filter out and refine my emotions. I wanted to pass on an idea that I hope you might integrate into your thinking. For the record, I am a father as well.

This man needs help. I don’t mean that in a negative way. I mean he literally needs help from the rest of society.

He needs help without being judged. It’s not because he is absolved of his actions. It is because this is probably the most efficient and productive path. And speed is of the essence since it affects his family.

He is probably suffering from:

1.) Stress
2.) Immaturity
3.) A genetic disposition for impatience and anger
4.) A concern for his son’s “manliness”
5.) A twisted sense of how to prepare his son into manhood. “The tough world”.
6.) A similar upbringing
7.) And most importantly he is suffering from his rash decision (ie. he is responsible)

My heart goes out to the boy AND his father. I believe this boy’s dad must be very confused and could use a role model like you Mr. Mask. He needs help and he needs compassion.

I dream that one day soon our social development will take off like an industrial revolution. I imagine that in a world like that there would be centers for people to get the help they need without the fear or anger of being judged.

Thanks for sharing and thank you for being a great role model your son.

Please tell him he did an excellent job in the video. He will grow up to be a true man.

What a bunch of drivel!

Let people raise their own families as they see fit!

Control the youth by controlling the parents..just like the Nazi's
edit on 5/5/2014 by LockwithnoKey because: Due to all of your sissification!

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
This thread is so informative about the adolescent macho types defending child abuse.

Perhaps it's a case of a guilty conscience concerning the abuse of their own children or bullying in general.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
This thread is so informative about the adolescent macho types defending child abuse.

Perhaps it's a case of a guilty conscience concerning the abuse of their own children or bullying in general.

And a reminder as to the state of weakness you are perpetuating in todays society..

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
As a father of a 6 year old I can somewhat see why the dad did it. But I don't believe he should have. My 6 year old is very reserved, cautious & just does not take risks so it can be frustrating for me sometimes. My 3 year old is the complete opposite and that can be frustrating too, lol. The dad should have found a way to do it in a more controlled situation.

My son is very scared of water and has been since he was born. He's gotten better but there is still that hesitation. We recently went to a small water park and I knew he would love the bigger water slide but I just couldn't get him to go down with me. So I took his younger brother first and showed that everything would be ok. He finally agreed and while he was scared I kept reassuring him that he would be ok and that I would protect him. Sure enough we ended up going down the slide at least another 10 times

What this dad did is pretty much the same as if I had just pushed him down the water slide.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: LockwithnoKey

And a reminder as to the state of weakness you are perpetuating in todays society..

State of weakness? Child abuse strengthens society? You abuse my kid and I'll show you strength like you wouldn't imagine; tough guy!!!

I can only assume that your online persona is trying to impress us of your hardass personality. I don't buy it!
edit on 5-5-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: LockwithnoKey

State of weakness? Child abuse strengthens society? You abuse my kid and I'll show you strength like you wouldn't imagine; tough guy!!!

I can only assume that your online persona is trying to impress us of your hardass personality. I don't buy it!

Is that so? You have more chance of me leading your child than you even realize..

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join