It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Me and my son talk about father kicking 6 year old off ramp.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puresk1lls
a reply to: GoShredAK

On cement vert hahahaha.

It's a ramp just like the one in the video, yet it's crafted from pavement.

I've got some serious skating under my belt and am still at it to this day.

I laugh at your attempt to troll me
and you should show some respect where it's due

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
What? You guys don't like kittens?
Lol

What a bunch of candy boys you are...truly!

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LockwithnoKey
What? You guys don't like kittens?
Lol

What a bunch of candy boys you are...truly!

It's the candy boys that act all macho on the interwebs where they can't get hurt.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaanny
This mess is created when people that don't know each other from Adam call each other bad parents.

People will go instant defensive mode when accused of bad parenting.

DCF, millions of outraged people of the community, countless parents, skatepark owners and skaters- normally do not get upset and call "bad parenting" in unison across the globe unless bad parenting has happened.

The father kicked a child from a 15ft drop. You expect people to all say "I wonder if that is bad parenting"? No sir. What you will get is angry people demanding justice and that this never happens again.

So far you have defended the father kicking a child from a ramp thats 15ft high while the child screams in pain and horror...and now you are what? explaining why some trolls came in here all angry saying that people who raise kids without kicking them or forcing them to drop into half pipes are weak?

I'm sorry sir...but that logic seems broken, if not blind.

ANY video showing a man kick his 6 year old son would be instantly seen as abuse by any sane person. It surly down;t need to be off a 15ft drop to be considered illegal and dangerous, and YES 100% abusive.

MM

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Mr Mask

I would really like to have seen a longer video showing what happened once the father had reached his son at the bottom of the ramp, if for no other reason than to reassure myself that he is not a complete monster. Though the way he turned his back on his son, without watching his descent suggests that he was acting in anger not using some, however misguided, 'tough love' approach.

Your son is spot on, the way to go is by encouraging and building confidence, not fear and humiliation. And, I found it so insightful that your boy used the term 'betrayal' to describe the father's actions, trust is one of the most important aspects of the parent/child relationship in my opinion.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Closed for Staff Review

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
We have reopened this thread

It is under strict staff review and all T&C will be enforced as ATS normal procedures...

Semper

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: semperfortis

THX. I think it's a very important set of issues that the incident highlights.

I believe it needs the candor of ATSer's discussion modes.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Quickly searches the meaning of candor. 'The quality of being open and honest; frankness.' Oh, right. I knew that.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

I was 'speaking' optimistically . . . in terms of ATSers writing candidly within the T&C . . . and with some shred of logic and integrity.

I realize that's . . . perhaps . . . overly optimistic re some posters.

Nevertheless, I think the topic of this thread profits greatly from that sort of posting.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
WoooHOOO!!! Thanks ATS Staff!

I will do my best to keep my words and position respectful as best as I can. Thanks so much for letting this thread live.

You guys n gals all rock!!!

MM

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

I was expressing my ignorance in order that it could be denied.
Glad the threads back as a father and grandfather who has made mistakes.
(Please don't remind me of the life jacket incident. I get reminded enough.)
edit on 3 5 2014 by Kester because: addition

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
that hurt.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaytay
that hurt.

It surely did. Yet some folks are going far out of their way to actually say things like "kids pretend to be hurt all the time" and "oh It didn't hurt that bad, he is fine! Nothing wrong here.".

I find all that to be nonsense.

MM

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Thanks for your kind reply.

The evidence is:

reasonable and even some horrendous mistakes tend to not cause a lot of lasting damage

IF

the child knows they are loved and particularly if they FEEL LOVED.

A study of all studies about child rearing practices 40 or so years ago looked at every kind of discipline and all kinds of other factors in child rearing related to WHAT CAUSES/CORRELATES WITH SUCCESS AS ADULTS?

Success as adults was defined as

1. Stable marriage
2. Stable work record
3. Not on welfare
4. Not in trouble with the law

ONE factor was found to account FOR 80% OF THE VARIANCE. 80% of what made kids succeed as adults was attributable to ONE FACTOR:

did the kid FEEL LOVED.

Children can be extremely resilient in the fact of horrible circumstances

IF

they FEEL LOVED--persistently--particularly by Daddy the first 8 years or so of life.

Mom's love tends to be there regardless and so is more or less discounted overmuch.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

It's a ramp just like the one in the video, yet it's crafted from pavement.

I've got some serious skating under my belt and am still at it to this day.

Almost all my life long friends are skaters and I have spent my life around such types. Not a single one of them have told me anything but "this is a horrible act". My FB page is alive with angry skater guys and girls asking why nobody at the park ran in there to yell at the father.

I told them the park owner did just that.

I find it very telling that the owner of the skate park ran in screaming "What the hell is wrong with you?" and when the father replied "Do you think you can raise my son better than me!?" The skate park owner replied "Yes".

MM
edit on 3-5-2014 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

The thing that got me going was the kids "tough guy" dad took the stairs down. I guess he didn't want to teach by example...maybe he didn't want to scuff his shoes up. But...this nagging voice in my head keeps telling me this was faked to make a "viral video". You can't hear what the father was saying to his son right before he "pushes" him off the edge...maybe something like " Ok...get ready...I'll give you a little shove and make sure you cry loudly on the way down...then we'll get some ice cream after."

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: UngaBungga

The thing that got me going was the kids "tough guy" dad took the stairs down. I guess he didn't want to teach by example...maybe he didn't want to scuff his shoes up. But...this nagging voice in my head keeps telling me this was faked to make a "viral video". You can't hear what the father was saying to his son right before he "pushes" him off the edge...maybe something like " Ok...get ready...I'll give you a little shove and make sure you cry loudly on the way down...then we'll get some ice cream after."

I really do wish this was a viral vid hoax. Sadly it is being reported by major news channels and DCF is investigating. It seems very clear now that it is a real vid. When I first saw it tho i had the same desire to believe it was a CGI vid created with editing and movie magic.

The part that bothers me most (aside from the actual act) is that when I hear the kid land and scream, every muscle in my body reacts and tenses up in outrage and concern, while this guy slowly walks away not even jumping at the sound.

Freaks me out to the bone.

Mm

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
He's going to hate his father for the rest of his life and nothing will change that. There's the fathers punishment

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: algag1129
He's going to hate his father for the rest of his life and nothing will change that. There's the fathers punishment

Awwww, that is one thing I am overly sure will not happen in the least. The son's love for the father is not in question nor is the father's love for his son.

MM

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join