It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Me and my son talk about father kicking 6 year old off ramp.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
Wow! As a mother of 3 and grandmother of 3, I did find the short clip heart-wrenching. Certainly, the father had a momentary lapse of judgment. I say this instead of jumping on the band wagon of being judge and jury, condemning him as a parent. The video does not show the before nor after, nor does it show what their every day homelife is like. Many on this thread are feeding more into unfounded fears of their imaginations.

Obviously, I don't condone what he did, but I also think that a man should not be condemned and villianized by complete strangers due to a short snapshot that may not show the whole story.

I think it is awesome that you addressed this with your son. I think that should be the 'topic' that is discussed. Using such a clip to bond and speak / understand your own relationship with your own children. It certainly can be helpful in sharing personal perspectives, but I don't think it is helpful to make a 'witch trial' out of such videos.
Thank you, that was something I tried to get op to understand, and in reply he twists my words.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

Wow! As a mother of 3 and grandmother of 3, I did find the short clip heart-wrenching. Certainly, the father had a momentary lapse of judgment. I say this instead of jumping on the band wagon of being judge and jury, condemning him as a parent. The video does not show the before nor after, nor does it show what their every day homelife is like. Many on this thread are feeding more into unfounded fears of their imaginations.

Obviously, I don't condone what he did, but I also think that a man should not be condemned and villianized by complete strangers due to a short snapshot that may not show the whole story.

I think it is awesome that you addressed this with your son. I think that should be the 'topic' that is discussed. Using such a clip to bond and speak / understand your own relationship with your own children. It certainly can be helpful in sharing personal perspectives, but I don't think it is helpful to make a 'witch trial' out of such videos.
Thank you, that was something I tried to get op to understand, and in reply he twists my words.

I didn't twist your words. They didn't need any twisting.

As for this other poster saying the vid doesn't show before or after, that is irrelevant.

But, just for the record, the father was confronted by many people at the park including the park's owner. The father showed anger towards them and demanded to know if these people thought they could raise his child better than him.

The park owner answered "yes".

Now if you or anyone can not see the blatant wrong in this video...I can not open your eyes.

If you think this action can be overlooked as a temporary lack of judgment...I find you foolish.

And if you think this behavior is nothing worth focusing on or talking about out loud...I do not envy your nature.

MM
edit on 9-5-2014 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mr Mask

As for this other poster saying the vid doesn't show before or after, that is irrelevant.

But, just for the record, the father was confronted by many people at the park including the park's owner. The father showed anger towards them and demanded to know if these people thought they could raise his child better than him.

Now if you or anyone can not see the blatant wrong in this video...I can not open your eyes.

If you think this action can be overlooked as a temporary lack of judgment...I find you foolish.

And if you think this behavior is nothing worth focusing on or talking about out loud...I do not envy your nature.

MM

Its very telling that you STILL continue to avoid answering the following questions!

1. Did you get the childs persmission to post his face on youtube and ats?

2. Do you think that posting the childs face on youtube and ats could hurt the childs mental health?

You continue to condemn this man, but all the while hoping nobody will notice your own callous behaviour towards that child! And even though its been pointed out to you, you continue.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Its very telling that you STILL continue to avoid answering the following questions!

1. Did you get the childs persmission to post his face on youtube and ats?

2. Do you think that posting the childs face on youtube and ats could hurt the childs mental health?

You continue to condemn this man, but all the while hoping nobody will notice your own callous behaviour towards that child! And even though its been pointed out to you, you continue.

Answers-

1- I did not need permission for two reasons. One being the clip has been on national and international news all over the world. It is public domain and I am legally reporting on information within the realm of "news". This is within all laws of free use.

2-Hurt the 6 year old by posting a 10 year old's opinion? No. I do not think this thread, my video or the news coverage of this event can hurt the child more than ignoring it and not giving this event publicity. I made this video because I think that 6 year old is in danger of injury or death. This video is attempting to bring awareness and help save an innocent victim's life or health.

Lastly, my behavior has not been callous. It has been very pleasant compared to the millions of other people screaming for a witch hunt or worse.

Now if you want top thumb down this video or the reasons behind it, that is fine. But you will also have to accept my free right to make it. And have to accept that my son desired to speak out in public against this act.

Either way...I personally do not care what you think if you consider this video bad taste or wrongful. You can spend all the time and energy poopooing on this video while doing nothing to "condemn" the act of a father kicking a 6 year old child off a 15ft ledge.

I personally don't care what you think or do actually. Unless you end up hurting a child. Then I will care enough to possibly make a video about you to aware people of your actions.

I think I have been clear.

Hugs bro!

MM

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mr Mask

MM

Well put, yet again. Thanks.

I have no need to tar and feather the father.

HOWEVER, it is a horrid example of the sort of mentality, behaviors and attitudes which cause and result in horrendous degrees of ATTACHMENT DISORDER.

The father is likely a victim of that sort of thing from his father. And the beat goes on generation after generation.

I think it is exceedingly fitting to "TWEET--EVERYBODY OUT OF THE POOL!"

ABOUT the dad's interaction with his son. Enough such nonsense is enough.

IIRC 75-95% of the people in our prisons are the result of serious ATTACHMENT DISORDER.

It would be difficult to overstate the problem.

There is NO COMPREHENSIVE, THOROUGHLY EFFECTIVE SUBSTITUTE FOR

QUALITY, HEALTHILY AFFECTIONATE, EMOTIONALLY POTENT BONDING WITH THE CHILD--FATHER TO CHILD--THE FIRST 8 YEARS OF LIFE. NONE.

IF IT IS NOT ACHIEVED, THE CHILD AND SOCIETY SUFFER THE REST OF THE CHILD'S LIFE. ENOUGH ALREADY YET.

Sigh.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Mr Mask
Yes, I understand. But the fact that DCF is investigating doesn't mean it wasn't staged. The jury is still out on this, until we hear that the Father has been charged or not.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Mr Mask
Yes, I understand. But the fact that DCF is investigating doesn't mean that it isn't a hoax. The jury is still out on this until we hear that the Father has been charged or not.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join