It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Me and my son talk about father kicking 6 year old off ramp.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Hello ATS. Perhaps you have seen or heard of the viral video that has been making its rounds on the internet lately. Its a video showing a father kicking his 6 year old off the ledge of a 15ft tall skate ramp, resulting in the child screaming in fear and pain.

Many people are outraged by this and a small handful of people are actually defending the father saying he did the right thing.

When my 10yr old son saw the video he was absolutely horrified and wanted to seriously talk about what he had just seen. It scared him and made think deeply on the matter. he asked to talk about it and I thought it would be interesting to record the conversation and upload it to the internet in hopes that the father of the 6 year old may one day see it and learn from the wisdom of a 10 yr old boy.

The following video is that conversation. It also contains the video in question.

I find it strange that my 10 yr old son can plainly see child abuse take place in this video while a small few have been so vocal in defending and even cheering on the father who kicked his son.

My son wanted this video uploaded and so did I. I hope it is as interesting to you as it was to me. And I hope the father of the 6 yr old skater boy sees this vid and learns a little bit of wisdom from my 10 yr old man.

MM

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Doosh bag king for a day!!! Behing a father can be really hard, but that was just ...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Doosh bag king for a day!!! Behing a father can be really hard, but that was just ...

I am hoping the father sees this video so my son can teach him how to be a real man.

Its a sad world when a 10 year old boy knows more about raising a child correctly than a full grown man.

MM

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Your son is a credit to you, he is clearly a very smart young man who knows right from wrong. That's the best wisdom we can pass to our children, discernment of what's right and what in this case, is clearly wrong.

I hope that guy in the video sees sense, he doesn't even look down to see if the boy is OK, this isn't like jumping into the pool with your son to teach him its OK to go in the water, which I probably wouldn't do either... I'd wait til he wanted to go in, my son is a smart boy and I trust his judgement also, but this is kicking a terrified little boy off an uneccessary 15ft skate ramp...

He'll suffer for this either way, his sons trust in his father is probably rightfully damaged and if you lose the trust of your children, you should know you've done something wrong...

+1 more 
posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
ok, so here is what I see.
The father, wanting to encourage the kid to stop freaking out over the height, should have let him use it as a slide first...sit on it, nudge over, maybe even slowly lower him down so he feels the curve, then as confidence grows..go more and more until he is ready...be it 10 minutes, a hour, a day, a week, etc.

This kid will be lucky to not have severe trust issues in life and a fear of heights now because of this.

Goes to show you, you don't have to be a scholar to breed..anyone can do it, and unworthy parents often do.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elijah23
Your son is a credit to you, he is clearly a very smart young man who knows right from wrong. That's the best wisdom we can pass to our children, discernment of what's right and what in this case, is clearly wrong.

I hope that guy in the video sees sense, he doesn't even look down to see if the boy is OK, this isn't like jumping into the pool with your son to teach him its OK to go in the water, which I probably wouldn't do either... I'd wait til he wanted to go in, my son is a smart boy and I trust his judgement also, but this is kicking a terrified little boy off an uneccessary 15ft skate ramp...

He'll suffer for this either way, his sons trust in his father is probably rightfully damaged and if you lose the trust of your children, you should know you've done something wrong...

Thanks very much for the kind words on my son's views and mentality. He really is a great kid and I wish I could take all the credit but I can not. He has a great family, great friends and great teachers. So he has a great outlook. I am overly proud of him in all areas of his life.

As for the dad kicking his son, ya, its so messed up. The fact that he turns his back and doesn't even WATCH the kid land as if he didm;t even care to see if he landed correctly or not is horrifying.

The fact that the child's screams don;t even make him cringe in the least as he casually walks away.

I don't care who defends this man. There is no way this is not 100% abuse and criminal. No parent should be able to first send a child falling, and then not even show concern or attention to the screams of the child...its just so disturbing.

Its equally disturbing to see some people defending this act as "good parenting".

MM

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
ok, so here is what I see.
The father, wanting to encourage the kid to stop freaking out over the height, should have let him use it as a slide first...sit on it, nudge over, maybe even slowly lower him down so he feels the curve, then as confidence grows..go more and more until he is ready...be it 10 minutes, a hour, a day, a week, etc.

This kid will be lucky to not have severe trust issues in life and a fear of heights now because of this.

Goes to show you, you don't have to be a scholar to breed..anyone can do it, and unworthy parents often do.

You see this exactly how me and my son see this. Thank you. Its absolutely painful to watch this video, and I am so concerned for the young boy.

This is just NOT how you motivate a child to do anything. I could have killed him. And it could easily leave him mentally damaged for life.

MM

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Mr Mask

The part that was most disturbing is how the father turned his back on his son after kicking him.

I would have liked to have seen more of the video to see if the father realized his mistake and showed some compassion.

Mask, your son shows what a fantastic father you are for him to even address the video and see the abuse.

If there is any justice that abusive father will never live that dumbass stunt down. Perhaps even legal action.

If I was the mother of that kid, I would question my choice for a husband.

edit on 1-5-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The Dad should now be forced to attempt a drop-in and feel the pain.

Dropping in on a 4ft ramp is scary at first. A vert ramp looks REALLY scary at first. How could he expect the young buck to just go for it.
Lame Cowardly move by the Dad IMO.
edit on 1-5-2014 by GoShredAK because: edit

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mr Mask
You see this exactly how me and my son see this.

Cool story
Now make another comic already ya bum! Still waiting for the amazing conspiratorial adventures of Mr. Mask to continue!!!

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
You're doing it right Dad....Mr. Mask that is....
edit on 5/1/2014 by howmuch4another because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

edit on 1-5-2014 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
In here that man would have been arrested.
You should never force a child to do something he/she is scared of. Courage comes in time. I saw the other video where this same kid skates and does it very well.

The problem is parents who demand kids to achieve too much in too short time. You see this same in beauty pageant contests and sports etc. These are parents who live their lives through their kids also called narcistic parents.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: Mr Mask

The part that was most disturbing is how the father turned his back on his son after kicking him.

I would have liked to have seen more of the video to see if the father realized his mistake and showed some compassion.

Mask, your son shows what a fantastic father you are for him to even address the video and see the abuse.

If there is any justice that abusive father will never live that dumbass stunt down. Perhaps even legal action.

If I was the mother of that kid, I would question my choice for a husband.

I surely don't want to see the man removed from his family or anything like that. But he really needs a lesson in compassion and fatherhood. The fact that he turned away and while his son screamed he didn't even cringe...is very telling.

I can't watch this without cringing every time. Nor can my son. How can the father of this child not even tense up the moment his boy screamed in pain and horror? its just...disturbing.

Thanks for the kind words on my me and my son's views and ways. Its very kind and nice to hear. Hugs bro!

MM

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

Dropping in on a 4ft ramp is scary at first. A vert ramp looks REALLY scary at first. How could he expect the young buck to just go for it.

I grew up skating and around skaters. I don't know a single skater Dad who would support this. Even the guy who was running the skate park said he never saw this type of behavior in his 20 years of running the park.

This is just so wrong. Thank you for agreeing with that.

MM

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
In here that man would have been arrested.
You should never force a child to do something he/she is scared of. Courage comes in time. I saw the other video where this same kid skates and does it very well.

The problem is parents who demand kids to achieve too much in too short time. You see this same in beauty pageant contests and sports etc. These are parents who live their lives through their kids also called narcistic parents.

I guess DCF is investigating the father's actions at the skate park.

I don't want him in prison or anything, but I surely want someone to sit him down and make him understand what a monstrous act this was.

I agree on the narcissist thing. The father was obviously more concerned with having a "badass" son, and less concerned with having one without injuries or mental damage.

MM

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: howmuch4another
You're doing it right Dad....Mr. Mask that is....

Awww thanks man! My son really just wanted to share his views and basically demanded we make this vid in hopes that the father sees it.

I'm proud of his views and temperament in all areas of his life.

Thanks so much!

MM

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: Mr Mask
You see this exactly how me and my son see this.

Cool story
Now make another comic already ya bum! Still waiting for the amazing conspiratorial adventures of Mr. Mask to continue!!!

Hahahahahaah!!! Sorry bro, but comics are not on my creative plate these days. I've gotten myself a 2 year contract to make game commentaries on Youtube and its been my creative outlet since. So sorry man!!!

HUGS!

MM

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

EXACTLY!!! How can anyone expect a 6 year old to dive right in. And kicking him in surely was not an attempt to get the kid to land a proper drop-in!

MM

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
How about:

'Let's try this together...'

I wish my son was more into the stuff I'm into. Alas, he's not, he has Asperger's and his own obsessions and interests no-one can drive him away from. If I had a son I could get to the top of a halfpipe, I'd be ecstatic. Force it on him? Never.

Your son sees this from a well adjusted stance and whilst I appreciate what you're saying about the people around him, it all stems from one place at the root and that's you.

Congrats Mr Mask - you're doing a fab job.

Cado

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join