It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US lawyers threaten German politicians regarding Snowden interrogation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Here in Germany we have a debate between the government and the oppositions. The latter want to have Snowden in Germany to ask him about the NSA spying, the government does not want him here. Right now Angela Merkel is on her way to meet Barack Obama and it seems they want to sweep the dirt under the carpet to stand strong against Putin's actions in the Ukraine.

Now an "expertise" has leaked, which was not presented to the politicians and the public yet. Some lawyers from the USA explain to our politicians that it could be a crime according to US law, if they try to get knowledge of American secrets and even if they talk to Snowden. Political immunity could be denied in such a case, as they write.

It looks to me, as if they were inspired by Putin's clownesque actions and try a similar way even try to threaten our politicians. Maybe Angie must be afraid, that she could get arrested in the USA.

Here is a google-translaton of the article in Der Spiegel. Usually they publish such things in English too. But I could not find an English version yet.

Der Spiegel

Seems Angie has one more thing to talk about with the POTUS...
edit on 1-5-2014 by Siddharta because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I sincerely get the firm impression that both Obama, and Merkel take their marching orders from the same mega banking cartels.....
The score card is pretty plain with Her own involvement in fomenting the Ukraine troubles...
I am sure they will act to limit the information wherever and whenever possible....
The public must be kept in the dark as to the stage play behind the scenes...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

I agree. But also the Russians are still in the family. Business goes on as usual.
If this is the start of WW III, as some fear, then this war is just a grim theater play.

At least right now there is some disgust among the German politicians, who learned of the lawyers expertise one day earlier than they were supposed to be informed. This MayDay seems to be an intended pun.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It's highly likely that the US has already explained to the german chancellor and she is satisfied with the response

All countries spy on each other it's is nothing new... Yes even allies, it is always a possibility that your friends talk to you enemy's, Germany and the EU had a lot of dealings with many of the people that they have imposed sanctions on recently

Perhaps the US lost so,e trust in the EU, perhaps this is all cleared up...

The EU was furious and would t let it go... And then it all went dead... And now this... And it's gonna go dead again... Pretty good indication that it's behind closed doors all satisfactory

There is ONLY still disgust within Germany's parliament because they're not "IN THE KNOW" and likely never will be as it exposes the targets and security leaks
edit on 1-5-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Here is an English article:

Uncle Sam's Legal Opinion Makes Auntie Angela Real Happy

Sounds as if those lawyers did Merkel a favour. By accident I also found a case where exactly these lawyers were the counsels for the Federal Republik of Germany.

H.W.Gutch vs. FRG

Merkel herself is said to be still angry about the spying of her mobile, but that she won't talk much about that with Obama, since the Ukraine is more important now.

edit on 2-5-2014 by Siddharta because: added an s

top topics

join