It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Law Enforcement: A Thing of the Past

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

I think that if a society can slowly dismantle any use of
force? And stil maintains order despite a start with many
wobbles. If order persists and it's citizens can be seen as
dedicated and intelligent. Then that just may be how a
number one class society could be conceived.

But we passed that point of prudence almost fiftyone yrs
ago. When the dumb asses that own everything, but lack
great vision, once again chose the same wrong path, for
all of us. The path that leadeth to destruction. It's all
been very pointless since Nov, 63. No goals other than
mundane greed and lust for power. Power and control,
the two absolute delusions in the universe.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Police forces were begun about 1830. Police forces were created to deal with large bodies (25 to 100) of unemployed, disgruntled, truculent, workers; which had begun to appear in cities about that time. The catching criminals stuff is what the police do in their spare time, i.e. when no bodies of violent people are rampaging.

Talk show host Mark Koernke said Police is an abbreviation of "Policy Enforcement". That is a better orientation than "Law Enforcement"
edit on 18-5-2014 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: andr3w68

I think the problem here originates with the general attitude of PEOPLE. Not specifically officers of the law, but the general population.

How can you expect people who put on a uniform to act any differently than your average citizen. Sure, it's their job, but the governments job is to serve the people and that doesn't seem to happen very often.

When your average person is selfish, angry, poor, and working long hours, how can you expect them to go to work with a smile on their face and be polite? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Because they expect the average civilian to not only treat them politely but kiss their ass even though many definitely dont deserve it!. Asking too much indeed i think you must be cop yourself or know one to have such a compliant attitude!.

btw coppers definitely dont see themselves as serving they see themselves as para military force their uniforms indicate their demeanour(now bullet vest, and military style boots and superfluous weaponry) its not civil under zero tolerance they abuse their powers under such edicts.

<< 1   >>

join