It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Law Enforcement: A Thing of the Past

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Police have gotten way out of hand all over the country. They no longer "protect and serve". Instead, they have become something to be feared and avoided at all costs. They're now far more dangerous than any street gang out there because there's a psychological dynamic on both sides that creates a recipe for disaster with every encounter.

Police feel that they can do absolutely anything to you with no repercussions to them, up to and including killing you on the spot. That knowledge is cultivated and reinforced as each day goes by that they witness their colleagues getting away with such behavior with no consequences.

On the other side of the fence, society at large has it ingrained in their psyche that they must do anything the police tells them to do because the police are trained professionals entrusted to uphold the law, and if they don't follow the orders given there will be detrimental consequences.

Most people, including police, are clueless as to what the laws are and what their rights are because they have been changed and taken away so many times that it's impossible to keep up and know how to properly deal with a police encounter.

The law enforcement system is irreparably broken in every area and will never again be what it was originally intended to be, especially as long as its checks and balances and oversight systems are broken as well. The corruption from the top down has become a terminal cancer for which there's no cure.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

More like a thing of the pest.....damn coppers...seems like once a week someone is gunned down. How about disarming the pigs and leaving the citizens alone...they're kill ratio is alarmingly rising like its been planned out..or the psychiatrists that interview the officers before they get the job need to get checked out. because they are hiring a bunch of crazy people..
edit on 1-5-2014 by Thisbseth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thisbseth

..or the psychiatrists that interview the officers before they get the job need to get checked out. because they are hiring a bunch of crazy people..

You seem confused. These traits are actively sought in police candidates.

Lefkowitz (1975) states that police do not differ significantly from the general population in terms of intelligence or psychopathology.

Joel Lefkowitz has identified two personality trait clusters which commonly appear in police officers.

Cluster 1 : isolation & secrecy, defensiveness and suspiciousness, and cynicism.

Suspiciousness and Cynicism increase with experience on the job.

Police feel misunderstood by the "civilians"

Lefkowitz refers to their situation as "socio-occupational isolation".

Cluster 2 : authoritarianism, status concerns, and violence.

Authoritarianism : identification w/ and submissiveness to authority, intolerance of minorities, rejection of anything abnormal, high pressure for conformity.

The psychological need for security : Many police officers come from middle class backgounds and jobs in law enforcement are seen as jobs which you can keep as long as your able to work.
Psychology of Police Officers

Their own people identify desireable traits of police officers as the following:

distrustful of outsiders, cynical, conservative (not necessarily politically, but rather resistant to change), suspicious, pessimistic, pragmatic, prejudicial and holding other widely-shared attitudes about and beyond the mainstream view. (ref. 7 & 8)
Officer.com

The problem is whenever a cop behaves in this way people think it's an anomaly. A one-of. When the reality is these are the traits that are actively sought after, recruited for and encouraged. By their own admission no less.

The devil is telling everyone he's evil as # and bat # crazy right on his own website and still the public largely ignores or even defends the madness.

ATS thread with more resources and words from the cops own documentation and studies about how horrible and sick they are: The Rapist and the Cop

We don't need a conspiracy. This isnt new. This is the irrefutable reality of law enforcement and it has been this way since at least the 1970's.
edit on 1-5-2014 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Right from the book "1984". Laws are effectively eliminated. The LEO at the point of contact is entitled to be judge jury and executioner.

If they keep this up, they'll have to live inside the prisons at night to stay safe.
edit on 1-5-2014 by InverseLookingGlass because: spelling

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: thisguyrighthere

well ill be, thanks for the long and informative reply. I like learning new things! Thank you.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: thisguyrighthere

You're absolutely right. They require new recruits to be of below average IQ. There's a recent story out there where someone was not hired as a cop because they were "too smart". That person filed a lawsuit and lost both the case and the appeal. It's shocking.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

"1984" was meant to be a warning, not a guide.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I think the problem here originates with the general attitude of PEOPLE. Not specifically officers of the law, but the general population.

How can you expect people who put on a uniform to act any differently than your average citizen. Sure, it's their job, but the governments job is to serve the people and that doesn't seem to happen very often.

When your average person is selfish, angry, poor, and working long hours, how can you expect them to go to work with a smile on their face and be polite?

This is a societal problem, not strictly a law enforcement problem.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: andr3w68

Surely you've seen the daily rash of the increasing militarization of all groups of law enforcement and the countless daily felonies they commit against innocent people? As I said in the OP, both sides are to blame to an extent for this problem. As long as law enforcement keeps on increasing injustices against the people, the people will retaliate in return. It's a ticking time bomb and time has just about ran out.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Police have gotten way out of hand all over the country. They no longer "protect and serve".

You can thank the Supreme Court for part of the problem because they have ruled the police are not required to protect anyone. As for the word "Serve" it's pretty subjective. Notice you don't see the old motto "To Protect and Serve" on their cars anymore.

WASHINGTON, June 27 - The Supreme Court ruled on Monday that the police did not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm

Justices Rule Police Do Not Have a Constitutional Duty to Protect

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I am reminded of how things were in the times of kingdoms. when armies would be the law. You had no say or rights and it was completely at their whim whether you lived or died in some cases.

I think there has been an effort to control the thugs who become law and order. and it's just not working.

by default they are overt thugs who think they are better than the normal person.

so it's not really getting worse, but returning to how it was. in a small society there are repercussions that affected those upholding the law, as they are put there to be the face of the people they protect and not the other way around. In a large realm, it is a blind and uncaring force that seeks to remove disorder by any means. and the meaning of disorder these days is what is changing...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

The SCOTUS was just one of the corrupt entities at the top I was referring to that's supposed to ensure that the people are protected from rampant injustices inflicted by law enforcement. Now we see how that's working out. It's not.
Another agency I was referring to was the DOJ and the highest LEO in the land, Eric Holder. They're not corrupt, either, are they? (*sarcasm).

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

That's a very interesting take on it. It's apparent that both sides, law enforcement and society, are both rapidly increasing in animosity towards each other. Things have definitely come to a boil now and it won't be long until something really bad happens.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Sheriff Ed Brown of Onslow County, North Carolina,

“Those in the law enforcement profession have complete power and authority over you, your life, you family, your loved ones, your rights, your freedom, your future, and everything precious to life.”

complete control ?

he is mental. or the people are mental for allowing him to continue wearing a badge.

edit on 1-5-2014 by HanzHenry because: bb

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

Police have gotten way out of hand all over the country. They no longer "protect and serve".

You can thank the Supreme Court...

I hold each person responsible for their actions. Personal Accountability. Had those people refused to carry out said duties, refused to act in a manner inconsistent with HONOR, INTEGRITY and LOYALTY to the Bill of Rights it wouldn't matter what any court or tyrant says. Police are Americans before, during, and after wearing the uniform.

To me, there is NO EXCUSE to act in a way that is against the SPIRIT of the Constitution. Justifying, accepting, or shifting the blame of Tyranny is bad form. it is down the INDIVIDUAL that is willing to assault ALL of our dead ancestors that fought, died and worked to bring our nation to a state of LIBERTY.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: HanzHenry

That's the current mentality of most all LEO's it seems. It's sad. It used to be considered a great honor to become a LEO and they were admired and respected. Now they're feared and abhorred.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: HanzHenry

Well said.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Another agency I was referring to was the DOJ and the highest LEO in the land, Eric Holder. They're not corrupt, either, are they? (*sarcasm). - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Saying things about his highness in public is not a smart thing to do. The Attorney General is not corrupt he simply is in control and enjoys being in control. People are scared of him-and with good reason. No one can ever accuse of him of not being good at his job-he is damn good.

Between you and me he can do what ever he pleases as he has his on personal version of the Night and Fog decree-and I don't really want to know the details.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: spooky24

I don't care if he sees what I said or not and I'll say it again with enthusiasm... he is a CRIMINAL!

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Yep, so much for justice...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join