It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eerily familiar...German officials say exchange student's killing in Mont. 'out of proportion'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I haven't seen the guy, but odds are he isn't the kind German you're picturing. EUROPE desperately needs to cut off the third world immigration.
edit on 2-5-2014 by FuZe7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Well, Germans have a history of trespassing and theft if memory serves...

Not to stereotype... but...

Edit: Oh yeah, murder, too... last but certainly not least.
edit on 5/2/2014 by Baddogma because: big ommission

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

No.. Nazis have a history of that though.

The nation has no history of this nature however. You have to remember that their history has been very much damaged by the existence of the Nazi party. You should not assume that germanic persons automatically have any similarity to Nazisim, which is what actually lead to the territory grabs and the burning and messing up of vast amounts of innocent persons.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Another case of a homeowner setting up an ambush complete with bait and trying to hide behind castle doctrine because he thought it might be neat to go ahead and commit premeditated murder.

You can defend your life in your home if an intruder puts your safety in danger, but it isn't a license to kill.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
What's eerily familiar to me is how people who end up in news stories always seem to have ironic names. Like Anthony Weiner.

Now, we have "Markus Kaarma".

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I can not believe the ignorance I see. Every single day I read threads about police brutality, too much force, whine, bich and moan about the sheer brutality from the police, overstepping just because someone was breaking a minor law.

The disgusting difference here, is all the cheering because a 17 year old was baited, trespassed and blasted to kingdom come, by a private citizen, because he tripped a motion sensor and trespassed. Minor law. No intent of any other crime can be proven, (because he was blasted to death before he could commit any other crime) regardless of the history of the house. Those could have been any other awesome minor law breaking citizen. .

The story doesn't go into the German EXCHANGE students past, but the general assumption in this thread, is that he was there to burglarize and a common German criminal. YOU assumed this based on the house history scenario. Maybe, but if we are assuming, maybe he was going to see if everything was ok, take the purse to the home owner and inform them their garage was open.

We'll never know.

*BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM!*

Americans whine because they think they feel they are oppressed, incapacitated by T.V., lulled into compliance by gov't with population control agendas, distracted by disinformation but cant figure out why blindly blasting the hell out of another human is wrong.

At this point, I say a big effin thank you for the oppression, incapacitation, lulling, population control and distraction....

gross.
edit on 2-5-2014 by Demoncreeper because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Here in Canada, that would be straight up murder with intent. Although he may get 2nd degree depending on his lawyer.

The rule of thumb here is, if I'm asleep with a knife or a bat by my bed, and someone breaks in trying to harm me, if I kill that person with the knife or bat, then it is considered premeditated and an (aggravated) homicide charge is in the making.

However, if I'm smart and forgo the knife and bat, and kill them with the lamp, then it's self defense.

So always have a handy sturdy lamp by your bedside.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
What ever laws Germany has regarding break ins, or personal items,is not our laws, and although it's too bad the kid was shot, it's one less criminal in the world. ....And since Americans are now being called "Cowboys"...well... My answer to that is " if you don't like it, don't send your bad seed over here" .

makes me think the screening process is inadequate to weed out criminal kids.

Cowboy.. if they think calling us cowboys is an insult

Being called cowboys is a compliment, harkens back to a time many would like to return to. Maybe if we Americans acted like cowboys more often our country could be great again.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

I guess I missed where the kid posed any form of direct and immediate threat for injury or death. Even open and rights-oriented states like mine include the requirement that there BE fear of death or bodily injury and it be to that reasonable person's standard.

Just because ONE element is crossed for the law in the kid being within the home doesn't mean it's a free fire zone to murder him. He still has to pose something more than a trespass. (Unless Montana is THAT different than the defense laws I'm aware of around the nation for standards)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   
For the people here who are defending cold-blooded killers who laid an ambush, and think that sneaking into someone's open garage is deserving of death, I guess you feel the death penalty is ok for all crimes. Go a mile per hour above the speed limit, lose your life. Smoke a cigarette somewhere that you aren't allowed to, BANG!, you're dead.

But let me guess: these same people back Cliven Bundy and his militia, who have snipers trained on federal agents, and who are refusing court orders.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: HanzHenry

Being called cowboys is a compliment, harkens back to a time many would like to return to. Maybe if we Americans acted like cowboys more often our country could be great again.

That would be that jewel of your history, the shiny slavery and genocide one, right ?

Keep taking those backward steps though

edit on 3-5-2014 by Tidnabnilims because: Yeeeee-Haaaw, pewpewpewpew, pewpew, pew, pew.

edit on 3-5-2014 by Tidnabnilims because: Also disproportionate considering even those Islamic guys you love to hate will take a thief's hand first, so you are winning the inhuman war, yay Murka !!

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
This kid was not stealing out of necessity, he was just a theif repeatedly robbing the homeowners. [...]
I would not be surprised if their kid has a criminal past [...]
although it's too bad the kid was shot, it's one less criminal in the world [...]
And since Americans are now being called "Cowboys" [...]

Wow! So many assumptions... or are you clairvoyant?
It seems there are many clairvoyants in this thread.

Also, it was the mourning father of the dead kid who called Americans "cowboys".
Personally, I don't even know how that is an insult to you.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I don't see the problem, really. People have no business breaking into other people's homes. Was it overkill? Obviously. Was the kid a victim? No. You don't commit a crime against someone else and then get to be the victim when they defend their lives or property.
edit on 3-5-2014 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tidnabnilims

That would be that jewel of your history, the shiny slavery and genocide one, right ?

Keep taking those backward steps though

not derailing, but DENY Ignorance. near EVERY country had slaves at once point. You know there were Black cowboys right?

www.vincelewis.net...
Texas State Historical Assoc

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I think it's lost on people that the states with slaves and the states without them were very clear by laws and practices without much blur or cross over. Not every state or territory had slaves, by a long shot. Especially out West. It was more or less concentrated in the Southern States and their very labor intensive crops which other states/territories didn't have the same challenges for.

It sounds better for some to just suggest everyone within the U.S. borders either had a slave or was a slave tho, eh?

History...it's one of those things people don't care to know anymore and it shows in the worst ways at times.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

This is the sort of thing that begs the phrase "Only In America." - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...
a reply to: pheonix358

what is it with people always saying oh america this and america that. dont you realize that america is not the only country where evil stuff happens? yeah our leaders are very blatently obvious about it and, being an american, I cant stand america as much as the next guy. but c'mon it happens every where. stop with america is bad crap. the whole world sux right now. It can be changed. It just takes people actually doing something to bring about the change.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
I don't see the problem, really. People have no business breaking into other people's homes. Was it overkill? Obviously. Was the kid a victim? No. You don't commit a crime against someone else and then get to be the victim when they defend their lives or property.

I've missed where it was EVER established, even after the kid was blown apart with 4 close shotgun blasts, whether he was there to do more than ask for something or trespass? The story mentioned previous break-ins. Did THIS kid do them? Does anyone know? Did the area break-ins come to a stop with the execution of this one? Do we know that either way?

I'm kinda shocked by the blood thirsty nature of people on this. Yes...people have a right in most states (and all, by the principles of defense) to engage and kill someone in their own home, who poses a threat.

NO ONE has the right to say "Hey, the legal standard is met! You are inside the property line by xx feet, now you're going to DIE!". I'm sorry, that's deliberate murder, not defense...and the story clearly says the homeowner didn't know who he was..WHAT HIS INTENT WAS...or anything else. He just saw a human being walk into his trap, fulfill legal guidelines, and he took the opportunity to kill a person instead of a game animal.

He showed the same level of compassion for a fellow human being. The man is a menace to the public. Good Riddens.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I'm not going to bother reading all the answers to your post and I bet someone already told how illogical is your stand on the subject ... I wonder what would you say if the person who got shot was an 8 years old looking for his boomerang that flew into the garage.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Breaking into somebody else's property is grounds for execution. This should give thieves pause. You are taking your life into your hands. Don't steal from somebody else's house and you won't get shot. It is pretty simple. The only reason people would get shot in this circumstance is being on somebody else's property without permission with who knows what intentions.
I think though there should be a warning. Trespassers will be shot. Then its even clearer to would be trespassers.
edit on 3-5-2014 by th3dudeabides because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Imagine ... the trespasser is an old person with alzheimer. Your logic: yes, just shoot him, he had no right to be in my garage.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join