It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus made the law even more difficult.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: sk0rpi0n

originally posted by: grandmakdw
I noticed that Scorpion abandoned this thread.

He did a hit and run.

Mods, is there a rule about posting something potentially incendiary and then abandoning the thread?

He appears to not have the courage to give a reasonable response to even one poster.
haha. I only made this thread last evening. I dont sit around refreshing the page every five seconds. I keep checking on replies, but wait longer to start posting. And not a single point of op has been directly addressed., all I've gotten so far is some vague philosophy revolving around the bible. Ill ask YOU directly....Have you ever been angry wih someone? Then according to Jesus youre guilty of murder. Are you that saintly that you never feel any anger? Or have you found a convenient loop hole around the problem? Or are you not guilty because Jesus anyway ''died'' for your sin of 'murder'...that is is if you ever felt anger/hatred.

Of course, I have felt anger, everyone has, everyone will.

Many posters have given you concrete answers, you simply refuse to see them as that because you have blinders of hatred of Christianity on. It is obvious by your other replies.

As I stated earlier my Christian sunday school class spent 12 weeks studying the Koran and we were not allowed to express negative opinions or politics so we could understand the Islamic point of view. Have you read a "red letter" bible as I suggested?

If you had you'd realize that Jesus only commanded we "love our neighbor as our self" his only commands were to be kind, loving, and non-judgmental

The concrete answer you refuse to accept is: All a Christian has to do is confess their sin (my anger) to Jesus/God and believe that Jesus was sent by God to save us from our sins, and then yes, I believe I am forgiven. Then it is my responsibility as a Christian to try and sin no more. Then I will be accepted into the loving arms of Jesus upon my death. Yes, Jesus died on the cross for my sins.

That is ... the concrete answer you seem to not accept as such because your prejudice/hatred/and seething resentment are in the way of you seeing it as other than unbelievable and nebulous. This is not anger or judgement on my part, simply observation by reading all your replies.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
a reply to: sk0rpi0n

You also never answered Flyerfans or my point about your obvious irony whereby you tell one group of people not to comment on your threads if they are not of the same believe but then you go and do the exact thing yourself.
I dont get into deep discussions with atheists whose points begin and with ''god does not exist''. But once in a while a valid queston is posed by atheists and I will definetely respond. Then there are others who mainly copy paste from sites written for the sole purpose of attacking Islam. I dont copy paste from anti-chriwtian sites, rather i frame my own arguments from the bible itself.

Perhaps I will start a thread on your religious believes,
Go ahead. As long as its strictly theological and distinguishes secular matters from relgious ones.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
self edited. Know what? I'm not going to get sucked down ...
The 'questions' have been addressed ... over and over ... / THE END
edit on 5/2/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
Jesus made the law easier

So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets

He basicly asked people to use their common sense, see themselves in a position of others. It was not following old rules blindfolded but more opening their eyes for what is right and what is wrong.
well all thats fine. I'd like to know how you would react if you are slapped. Why is it that all my christian colleagues, at best, are like any other people....they dont go out of their way to do favors or be nice to people. One christian I know mocked me for handing out money to a beggar saying 'dont encourage beggars'. Ive known plenty of Christians all y life, and none of them displayed any moral behaviour out of the ordinary....and were far from turning the cheek.

Christians are not perfect.

Christians should try their best to display the love, kindness, charity, non-judgementalism that Christ preaches.
Unfortunately, like people of all religions, there are people who are Christian in name only but don't truly understand what it means to be a Christian.

We have Muslim friends, a bridesmaid of my daughter and her lovely family, who are Muslim in name only because it is what their family generations past were. But they eat everything, wear "western" clothing, do not cover their hair, do not pray daily etc.

If one is to judge a religion on it's people and their behavior, then ALL religions are false, unless you think the recent behavior of Islamic terrorists is ok, which I don't think you do.

If you place the validity of a religion on how people who say they are such and such religion behave then start in your own backyard cleaning up behavior. That is where we start in our Church, by encouraging people to be kind and loving, but many will say they are Christian but not exhibit the behavior.

That is why one must read the Holy Book of another before judging. Because it is in the true teachings, not what people say or do, that one finds the truth of a religion.

And yes, I believe Christ died, so that when I slip up and am unkind, thoughtless, judgmental, and I go to Him and repent, I am cleansed of these sins. Then it is my responsibility, the Bible teaches, to try and do these things no more.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
self edited. Know what? I'm not going to get sucked down ...
The 'questions' have been addressed ... over and over ... / THE END

When one faces a hardened heart and closed mindset, an antichrist as it were, that is one who is firmly against Christ, there is no further point in going over and over the same old stuff in an endless round. One just has to wait for the Holy Spirit to work.

Amen and Amen

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

How would i feel if get slapped. Don´t know as i have never been slapped not even as a kid, propably i would just take a slap and thats it..
What is so difficult in idea of using your common sense ?
taking a slap and not respoding is common sense. Jesus set an impossible standard where you are to not only turn the other cheek. If it is an ''enemy'' you are supposed to love him. Text

Did you asked your ( friend ? the christian ) why ? Did he explained why ? Why you gave the beggar money instead of giving him food ? at least food would be eaten and not in the pockets of organized crime rings. Did you used your common sense by giving this beggar a money ?

I didnt ask him why, his only stance was that beggars are a nuisance. I couldnt give food as i was in a moving vehicle but I did give enough to buy a small snack. As for 'common sense', I used my common sense and my knowledge tthat organized crime beggars in my ccountry operate mainly near posh areas and outside fancy restaurants and night clubs..areas where I wasnt in when that happened. I was just surprised that a christian who was suposed to love an enemy and give his coat when asked for a shirt objected to giving money to a malnourished leper.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

So tell us skOrpion,why have you created 13 threads about Christianity?

Christianity, Homosexuality, Pig Meat
"No One Can Take My Life From Me' - Was Jesus Really Killed?
"All that they Tell You, Do and Observe" - Jesus Acknowledgement of the Pharisees
Being Christian While Rejecting OT Figures
Mark 4:11-12 - The Myth That Jesus Came to Call All Sinners
I Have Not Come To Call the Righteous, But the Sinners"
Islamification = God's Payback for the Creation of Israel
Rabbi Baruch Efriti: 'Islamification of Europe a Good Thing
Christians, When Was the Last Time You Turned the Other Cheek
Animal Sin Sacrifices are Prophecied to Return, So What Was the Point of Jesus 'Sin Sacrifice'
Christianity and the Law
Did Jesus Increase Your Chances of Going to Hell?

As far as I am concerned you are the kind of ATS user that "Loads the bullets and allows others to fire the gun". I personally class my religious belief as Desim and as a gay man have no lost love for any organised religion because of their views on the LGBT community throughout the World. However that does not mean I will start threads such as these.

Its obvious to me that you have in this post and your other thirteen posts bashed the Christian Faith. However if I had to choose a religion I would choose Christianity over Islam everyday considering the way some sects of Islam treat their Children and Woman and the outdated dogma associated with Islam. I have said in another thread about how Mohammed wrote the Koran whilst in the cave, which I will not get into now, but I am more likely to believe a Peace Loving Prophet Jesus, over a a holy book that some sects of your religion use to kill and treat woman as second class citizens and state that they have this god given right to do so because Mohammed said so.
edit on 2.5.2014 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

Thank you Flammadraco.

Just to let you know. As a person whose father was a minister, and husband is a minister - It is my belief that what you do in the bedroom is your business not mine, and certainly not mine to judge. True Christians are to love, be kind and leave judgement up to God, we do not know what is in your heart nor what God thinks is in your heart. I'm sorry so many Christians have sinned and judged and hurt others. Unfortunately, like people of all religions, Christians are not perfect, Christians are just forgiven when they ask to be, repent, and try and sin no more.

It is obvious from what Scorpion says that he loathes and hates Christians and Christianity. His words are quite clear. I don't think his religion as written in the Koran teaches him to hate Christians so deeply he has to lash out over and over. This is not a judgement on my part, simply what I have observed from his behavior.

edit on 2-5-2014 by grandmakdw because: clarity of thought

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Go ahead. As long as its strictly theological and distinguishes secular matters from relgious ones.

Actually It would probably involve the fact that the cave that Mohammed saw his visions in were in fact filled with natural gases that made him hallucinate and would be the same as a drug user today writing down ramblings on paper whilst of their faces and in 1600 years from now, people used these writings as their religion, but that's for another day.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

a reply to: flammadraco

Thank you Flammadraco.

Just to let you know. As a person whose father was a minister, and husband is a minister - It is my belief that what you do in the bedroom is your business not mine, and certainly not mine to judge.

I totally agree with you grandmakdw regarding leaving things in the bedroom. To be honest as a gay man it does infuriate me when some young gay people like to flaunt their sexuality to everyone and their dog and it seems to be just to get a response.

I personally believe these sometimes immature young gay people give the rest of us a bad name. I have even been called homophobic myself several times because of this view, but i also state i don't want anyone flaunting their sexuality in public either.

I don't want more rights than anyone else, i just want the same rights.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I noticed that Scorpion abandoned this thread.

He did a hit and run.

Mods, is there a rule about posting something potentially incendiary and then abandoning the thread?

He appears to not have the courage to give a reasonable response to even one poster.

The concrete answer you refuse to accept is: All a Christian has to do is confess their sin (my anger) to Jesus/God and believe that Jesus was sent by God to save us from our sins, and then yes, I believe I am forgiven. Then it is my responsibility as a Christian to try and sin no more. Then I will be accepted into the loving arms of Jesus upon my death. Yes, Jesus died on the cross for my sins.

The problem with that answer is that anybody can call themselves a christian and break every single commandment and then say he believes Jesus died for his sins and get away with it. So what was the point of Jesus setting those high moral standards. That said, I don't ''hate'' christianity. In fact, I have DEFENDED biblical figures and accounts from attacks by, of all people, CHRISTIANS who insult them and dismiss them as myths. What do you think of so called christians who insult Moses and Abrahham and dismiss the creation story as myths?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

You still don't obviously understand the concept that every response you have had on this and thirteen other threads or choose to ignore and to continue with your bashing; so you keep on asking Christians the same question over and over again, so here's a few questions for you;

* Where in the Koran does it say it's ok to fly a plane into a building in the name of Allah?
* Where in the Koran does it say woman have to wear the Burqa?
* Where in the Koran does it allow Muslim men to use Bacha Bazi dancing boys and to molest them?
* Where does it say in the Koran that woman are not allowed to drive?

I could go on for several thousand pages, but at the end of the day and as far as I am concerned some sects of Islam is the most wicked and Evil religion ever to happen on this planet and whilst yes I do know many many peace loving and honourable Muslim people, you also have some of the most wicked people that use your religion as their reasoning for their wickedness. And yes whilst the Christians may have had the crusades back in the day, here and now in the 21st Century, Islam is the root cause of almost all evil on this planet.

How do you like your religion being bashed on this forum? How about you tone down you hatred towards Christianity and look a little closer to your religions own issues that are more obvious today than any other religion on this planet.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I3? think I've created more than 40 threads about christianity or biblical figures and matters. I have also defended Biblical figures including Jesus from ATSers calling them myths. The whole 'sk0rpi0n hates christiaity' arguument fails

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I don't ''hate'' christianity.

You said you can't wait for it to die. That's hate.

What do you think of so called christians who insult Moses and Abrahham and dismiss the creation story as myths?

1 - You were previously shown to be wrong by calling Christians 'so called Christians' when they do not believe in the Old Testament myths. The vast majority do not believe in Noahs Ark or the Garden of Eden and they are still Christians.

2 - Stop engaging in off topic deflection. The topic of this thread is ... 'Jesus made the law more difficult'. And you have been shown AGAIN that He did not. Address the facts presented.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I3? think I've created more than 40 threads about christianity or biblical figures and matters. I have also defended Biblical figures including Jesus from ATSers calling them myths. The whole 'sk0rpi0n hates christiaity' arguument fails

You have also said that you hate Christians as shown by FlyersFan and yet you still cannot answer my 4 simple questions about the Koran. I moved away from London over ten years ago because of fanatical Muslims infiltrating the community. It has got so bad now that we have Muslim gangs patrolling certain streets in east London denying access to these areas to non Muslims. It is these Muslims and people like you that give Islam a bad name and is the reason for the increase in Islam phobia.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
@flyersfan..''the vast majority do not believe in Noahs Ark or the Garden of Eden ''........... My research shows otherwise. The links that YOU posted said they were all real. Besides, my question was directed towards somebody else. So just wait for that user to respond.
edit on 2-5-2014 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

You still don't obviously understand the concept that every response you have had on this and thirteen other threads or choose to ignore and to continue with your bashing; so you keep on asking Christians the same question over and over again, so here's a few questions for you;

* Where in the Koran does it say it's ok to fly a plane into a building in the name of Allah?
* Where in the Koran does it say woman have to wear the Burqa?
* Where in the Koran does it allow Muslim men to use Bacha Bazi dancing boys and to molest them?
* Where does it say in the Koran that woman are not allowed to drive?

I could go on for several thousand pages, but at the end of the day and as far as I am concerned some sects of Islam is the most wicked and Evil religion ever to happen on this planet and whilst yes I do know many many peace loving and honourable Muslim people, you also have some of the most wicked people that use your religion as their reasoning for their wickedness. And yes whilst the Christians may have had the crusades back in the day, here and now in the 21st Century, Islam is the root cause of almost all evil on this planet.

How do you like your religion being bashed on this forum? How about you tone down you hatred towards Christianity and look a little closer to your religions own issues that are more obvious today than any other religion on this planet.
am on mobile right now. Cant use the quote function properly. suggest you start your own thread instead of derailing this one and Ill getback to you shortly?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

What a cop out, what you actually mean is if you were to answer my questions and points honestly, then you would end up having to agree with me. No point getting back to me as I am really not interested in your drivel.

What I will say to you is that I joined ATS as a fully fledged member when I saw the amount of homophobic ATS members and wanted to make a stand. You sir are now in my line of sight and I intend to show up in each of your threads to show you exactly for what you are. "A Christian Bashing Cafeteria Muslim"
edit on 2.5.2014 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

What a cop out,
its not a cop out. It is really difficult for me to use the quote function on my phone. Just copy paste your post on to a new thread. I jjust dont want you derailing my thread. Is that too much to ask?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

And I just want you to stop creating over 40 threads bashing the Christian members on ATS, is that to much to ask?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join