It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus made the law even more difficult.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: sk0rpi0n
My research shows otherwise.

Your 'research' was proven wrong on this thread -
Being Christian While Rejecting Old Testament Figures

So just wait for that user to respond.

You are off topic and deflecting. (again).
If the poster responds, he'll be off topic as well.

The topic - Jesus Made the Law Even More difficult.
Address the information provided.
Jesus PERFECTED the law and made the law EASIER.
You haven't addressed those facts provided.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

My research shows otherwise.

Your 'research' was proven wrong on this thread -
was that the same thread where you posted links to sites claiming Adam and Eve were real? Next time, read through websites before copy pasting links blindly. Youre most welcome.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: sk0rpi0n
Four pages and you still are deflecting. The topic - Jesus made the law even more difficult. Address the facts presented that show Jesus did the opposite. He made it EASIER and give it more COMMON SENSE. He PERFECTED it. Stay on topic and address it.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

And I just want you to stop creating over 40 threads bashing the Christian members on ATS, is that to much to ask?
asking questions pertaining to christian doctrine is NOT bashing. I could ask these same questions to the next christian handing me a flyer or asking me to convert (I see them quite often) and I WILL ask them the same questions. If they cant, and resort to 'you are bashing my religion'', it PROVES christians cant defend their faith ad resort to cheap personal remarks.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

And I just want you to stop creating over 40 threads bashing the Christian members on ATS, is that to much to ask?
asking questions pertaining to christian doctrine is NOT bashing. I could ask these same questions to the next christian handing me a flyer or asking me to convert (I see them quite often) and I WILL ask them the same questions. If they cant, and resort to 'you are bashing my religion'', it PROVES christians cant defend their faith ad resort to cheap personal remarks.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

asking questions pertaining to christian doctrine is NOT bashing.

Yes ... but when they are loaded time and time again, and when the 'questioner' refuses to listen to the answers and deflects from the answers, then the 'question' exposes itself as an agenda and a waste of time.

Dude ... four pages here, and at least 10 or 15 threads all roughly saying the same thing ...

This has been addressed adequately. Read the responses and let them sink in.

edit on 5/2/2014 by FlyersFan because: spacing

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Jesus said... walk two miles when asked to walk one...

That's going to prove to be really awkward when I'm just popping out to the local shops.

"Oh darn it, now I'm a mile away from where I actually need to be! That Jesus eh, what a prankster."

Ok. Sorry to joke, but I thought I'd lighten the mood in this thread.

But, I am also making a veiled serious point, which is, I don't think we should be taking every single word of the Bible literally. Doing so is always when you start running into big problems. After all, I could use it to justify owning slaves and beating them half to death constantly, as long as they survive and recover within two days.

It is important to understand historically how the Hebrew Bible was influenced by and relates directly to cultural, societal and restrictive beliefs of the day. In other words, outdated and in many cases abhorrent concepts that have no place in the society of today.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Jesus reformed the Israelite religion by introducing some new concepts that many would agree are plain difficult to observe in daily life. Jesus said...Lust equalled adultery, hatred equalled murder, divorce was permitted only for adultery, slaps are to be responded by turning the other cheek, calling someone a fool resulted in hellfire, give your shirt to a man when asked for your coat, walk two miles when asked to walk one... And the ultimate...to love the enemy. He basically made the existing Israelite laws even stricter. ___________________________________________________ So how is it that the Christian plan for salvation is promoted as being so easy that all it takes is a confession that Jesus died for the worlds sins? Or is it that Jesus gave all those tough instructions and then died to cover them anyway, in case Christians didn't carry out his instructions? Or maybe understood that his followers would never live up to his teachings, but anyway set high moral standards...in an ''aim for the stars, land on the moon'' kind of way?___________________________________________________ My point is that christianity isn't exactly an easy religion. Adherents are expected to live up to impossibly high moral standards...standards that defy human nature...making it nearly impossible to be saved. Discuss.

Wow you are absoloutely correct except He didnt reform the Jewish religion.
Jesus explained the Jewish law in its full context.
Salvation is easy, staying on the narrow path isnt, yes the chuirch does err by saying being a Christian is easy. But the bible doesnt say being a Christian is easy

And another mistake, its not nearly impossible to be saved, outside of Jesus and the Spirit, it is impossible.

That was the whole point.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

asking questions pertaining to christian doctrine is NOT bashing.

Yes ... but when they are loaded time and time again, and when the 'questioner' refuses to listen to the answers and deflects from the answers, then the 'question' exposes itself as an agenda and a waste of time.
so far only ONE person came close to adressing the Op. Remember, anger and hatred are SINs equalling murder..at least according to Jesus. So stop being a murderer, ff..and learn to turn the other cheek. Dont look at me, thats what Jesus said. You are a good christian arent you?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I'm not Christian and as already said I believe in Deism but that just proves you don't read any responses given to you.

How about you defend your faith and answer the simple four questions I asked about the Koran.

Starting over 40 threads on Christianity as a Muslim and having your answers on all of those threads leads me to believe you are bashing Christian members on ATS and that you have an agenda.

If you have to keep starting these threads asking the same questions then you are rather dense and really need to further you own education at night school. This is a conspiracy site and not a religious eduction site. How is your OP anything to do with conspiracy?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

so far only ONE person came close to adressing the Op.

No dude. It's been completely addressed.
You just refuse to acknowledge it because you disagree with the answers.

Remember, anger and hatred are SINs equalling murder..

Go look in the mirror and preach to yourself. You have no legs to stand on with anyone else.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Go look in the mirror and preach to yourself. You have no legs to stand on with anyone else.

no YOU follow Jesus.. If you are angry you are guilty of murder. So be careful lest you end up in hellfire, as Jesus said.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Still deflecting and we are going on page five or so now.
Wanna' address the first four pages of this thread. The information given?
No? Then this is just a bunch of useless off topic drivel. /DONE. /OUT.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

no YOU follow Jesus.. If you are angry you are guilty of murder. So be careful lest you end up in hellfire, as Jesus said.

So what if flyerfan or any other ATS members are Christian, accusing them of murder for being angry. What about those Muslims that flew those planes into those buildings for being angry at the west, are they double murderers. You are deranged, you have an agenda, you are bashing Christians and every other poster on this thread agreed other than your one fellow Muslim who agrees with your drivel. You are giving Islam a very bad press with your continued bashing.

Instead of asking Christians if they ever felt angry and if so they are murderers, how about telling us if you were angry when those Muslims killed all those innocent people in New York in the name of Allah. Were you angry with these men? If so in your line of thinking, you to are a murderer. However and I hasten to add you properly were not that angry as so many Christians died that day and that is what you want, the end of Christianity.

To all other members on this thread, let's all stop feeding the troll!

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Skorp you should settle down a little, calling people angry is an assumption. saying angry people go to hell is another assumption based on poor understanding and interpretation

There are a few different types of Muslim faiths, at war with each other. They are all probably Muslim, I dont know. Your faith does not have it all together either.

The facts are that there are good Christians who serve and love God in many denominations, Catholic and Protestant, also many in all faiths who call themselves Christian and are not.
God will be the judge, we as people dont know the standard.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Master Jesus never said it was easy. The True path of the Spirit is surely difficult, for I am living what Jesus taught in the Bible and much more. However, once you are walking it for a while (I would say between 3 - 7 years continuously), it gets easier. Not only is your mind and body truly merged, making it seamless, your heart (which where the Kingdom of Heaven is) will work together with Love to transform all of your being into God Consciousness. Just like when a baby takes his or her first steps, you are going to stumble and fall a lot. But as you gain momentum and with disciplined practice, you will walk the path of the Kingdom with ease.

Modern Christianity is only 5% - 10% of the True Christian path about 13,000 years ago when the religion first appeared. The Gnostic Way followed by the Essenes (Master Jesus was a member) back in the day was the True Christian Path. They were also known as the Gnostic Christians. If only Modern Christianity could be reformed to take in account the teachings of the Gnostics, then people would surely have a much better opportunity to reach a higher level of consciousness. The Gnostic Way is much harder, so I assume the churches wouldn't be as well populated. But you never know. People may find the highly disciplined path a million times more interesting and of course rewarding.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Okay, let's turn the heat up on Islam a little shall we.

Skorp, you say that if a,man looks at a chick in a bikini and has naughty thoughts, according to Jesus he has committed adultery. When I have asked Muslim woman about the burqa and why its worn by some, they tell me that the Qu'ran teaches that infidelity starts with a look.

Sounds to me like the same teaching rehashed. Hello pot, I'm kettle.

Secondly, what's up with you guys and the virgin Mary. I know for a fact you guys pray to her, it was a muslim woman in the recent apparition that occurred on the Ivory coast who initially saw the miracle. Most Christians reject her as a rogue imposter pagan goddess. As a catholic I understand her to be the mother of Christ who visits to spread her messages about her son. Why then do you guys believe in her, when you don't even believe that Jesus died upon the cross?

To believe in Mary, but not Jesus as the resurrected christ is absolute heresy. Without the resurrection or the salvation her son provides, she would just be a mother with a child born out of wedlock. You guys stone women for that..... More importantly, without christ Mary is a nobody.
edit on 2-5-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
say that if a,man looks at a chick in a bikini and has naughty thoughts, according to Jesus he has committed adultery. When I have asked Muslim woman about the burqa and why its worn by some, they tell me that the Qu'ran teaches that infidelity starts with a look.

Sounds to me like the same teaching rehashed.
Men are told to 'lower the gaze' around women and modesty is stressed upon. But also teaches that adultery is wen the act is actually commited not by merely looking at a woman lustfully,as defined in christianity.

.... virgin Mary. I know for a fact you guys pray to her,.
Haha. ____________________________________________________ Anyway, start your own threads on these subjects, dont derail this one.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ctopuil

Master Jesus never said it was easy. The True path of the Spirit is surely difficult, .
Yes. Just by looking at Jesus' commands, it becomes obvious that things are going to be difficult. Yet christians claim that christianity is some easy way for salvation. I've seen tracts saying how simply confessing jesus died for sin erases ones sins. If salvation was indeed that easy then that high moral standards set by Jesus serves no actual purpose. it allows a christian to live a life of sin to still be saved because he declares Jesus died for his sins. Its like 'sin all you want and send the bills to Jesus'.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Your answer does adequately address why women wear burqas. There's more it than lowering a gaze, or you would have no reason in the muslim world for them.

BTW Classic catholicism teaches modesty in dress as well. Why do you think nuns dress like they do. Hair is something kept hidden by nuns for instance

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join