It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video from Dash Cam Shows Moments Before And After Deputy Kills 19-Year-Old Girl

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Dash Cam Shows Moments Before And After Deputy Kills 19-Year-Old Girl

Authorities have released footage from a Kentucky deputy's dash cam that shows the events that took place just before a 19-year-old girl was shot dead.

Fox 19 reports friends and family of Samantha Ramsey are calling for justice to be served after they say the teenager was gunned down by Boone County, Ky. deputy Tyler Brockman as she left a party on Saturday morning.

The cop wasn't in front of the car, so he was never in danger of being run over - he threw himself onto the hood to keep the young teen driver from leaving the scene, and shot her dead for not stopping at his command. Stupid on her part, but was it worth a death sentence?

Original source: Raw dash cam video: Hebron officer-involved shooting

full length version:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I don't get why cops shooting at cars is acceptable. The whole "fear for my life" thing is nonsense since a shot driver does not equate to a stopped vehicle. If anything it equates to an out of control vehicle.

These cops just want to shoot their little guns and rack up kill stories to share with their buddies while enjoying their mandatory post-shooting reward of a paid vacation.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Am I the only one that wants to vomit watching this crap?

The guy in the background was in total agony over his friend being shot...for no damn reason. This happened just across the river from me. It will probably be ruled by his supervisors as "justified". Ugh.

edit on 2014/5/1 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Am I the only one that wants to vomit watching this crap?

The guy in the background was in total agony over his friend being shot...for no damn reason. This happened just across the river from me. It will probably be ruled by his supervisors as "justified". Ugh.

Why not try to get her plate or call in for a chase? He was by the side of the vehicle and if handled it better, she'd be alive. Why does that matter? Because she may be a criminal but no reason to murder someone.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I had to watch it twice before I could figure out what was going on. I'm guessing she got shot off camera? Is that smoke or exhaust coming onscreen on the left? That's from the car? The cop seems to be waiving his gun around a lot ...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Why is it all of the sudden such a violence from the part of cops? I mean I know they've always abused their power and crossed the line many times but I've never seen or heard so many killings from cops in such a short time. What made it explode in such dimensions?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
if you would care to see another view of this see the screen shots and the clip i made in this thread on page three.
you can clearly see the young woman looking directly at the cop for at least the full time she was pulling out onto the road and if you look at the clip you can see her all but stop then start moving again after the cop is out of frame.

the cop was treated for a leg injury.

it should also be noted that she just got her licenses back after a 120 day suspension in aug of last year. she was running.

link to thread
edit on 1-5-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
she was running.

Then put four shots into the tires .... not her body.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

And how does this justify being shot?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

she was running.

Then put four shots into the tires .... not her body.

if someone tries to run you over, that is trying to take your life or at the least trying to harm you. cars can seriously harm you. a slow moving car can break bones, and even kill you.

here is a novel idea, why not stop when told to. instead of hitting someone with your car. he was not being a ass. if you watched the whole video, he let the first guy go when he got there, and was talking to another when she pulled up and if you look at his face i swear you can see him smiling while he is talking.

ETA: and as said to others in the other thread, haven't you ever watched any of the countless cop shows on TV where people run and cops get hit, they show people that run with flat tires for miles, so if he shot the tires who to say after hitting him she wouldn't have continued to run and kill someone down the road.

this ant the movies this is real life, just like those shows show people do dumb sh@@ trying to get away from cops.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
What I have a hard time with is why don't cops shot out tires?

I think what is going on is out of control anger. It used to be cops went out of there way to keep from killing someone, now its open season and will be tell they start prosecuting these cops that kill and then lie when they know they have murdered someone.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

if you would care to see another view of this see the screen shots and the clip i made in this thread on page three.
you can clearly see the young woman looking directly at the cop for at least the full time she was pulling out onto the road and if you look at the clip you can see her all but stop then start moving again after the cop is out of frame.

it should also be noted that she just got her licenses back after a 120 day suspension in aug of last year. she was running.

link to thread

So what? she wasn't a long wanted murderer, just a stupid girl. I have seen police programs here in Britain where the police do not carry guns, where they let some cars go if the chase is too dangerous. Sometimes the effort is just not worth it.
Killing someone because they don't 'obey' your demands equals being judge, jury and executioners all at once. Why bother with courts if cops can just shoot you dead because you are a bit difficult?
If she's known to them, if they would have taken the number plate, then they can get her later. Basically they've just killed a kid for behaving like a kid.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
The driver had no intention of doing harm. She was just trying to get away. The cop put himself in harm's way, in front of the car. Then, claimed that she tried to run him over. Then, he shot her to death. So, the girl didn't put the cop in a dangerous situation. The cop put himself in a dangerous situation.

I hope they execute this man through the justice system.
edit on 1-5-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: thisguyrighthere
I don't get why cops shooting at cars is acceptable. The whole "fear for my life" thing is nonsense since a shot driver does not equate to a stopped vehicle. If anything it equates to an out of control vehicle.

These cops just want to shoot their little guns and rack up kill stories to share with their buddies while enjoying their mandatory post-shooting reward of a paid vacation.

I think this is a very valid point. Shooting the driver is going to help control the situation because now you have a dead persons weight on the pedals. As other had mentioned already, this was a 19 year old girl, a stupid teenager sure, but she hardly deserves a death sentence for driving away from a police officer. She wasn't a violent felon with warrants out for her arrest, she wasn't an escaped #ing convict.

If anything the officer voluntarily puts himself in danger by playing dirty harry and jumping on the hood of the car like he's seen one too many action movies. I can bet that the proper protocol for dealing with someone fleeing when getting pulled over isn't to jump on their car and kill them.

you have her car on camera, you can get her plates, run her through the registry and put out and APB to pull her over. You know what road she's on, what direction she's heading. You're going to know where she lives and everything else about her. Just show up at her house later that night if she isnt already pulled over by another police officer who spots the car before that.

should she have tried to evade the cop? obviously not. does the use of deadly force make sense in this case? absolutely not. you can watch 100 episodes of COPS, people try and evade and flee all the time from the police and they don't shoot each and every one of them to death.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

link to thread

So what? she wasn't a long wanted murderer, just a stupid girl. I have seen police programs here in Britain where the police do not carry guns, where they let some cars go if the chase is too dangerous. Sometimes the effort is just not worth it.
Killing someone because they don't 'obey' your demands equals being judge, jury and executioners all at once. Why bother with courts if cops can just shoot you dead because you are a bit difficult?
If she's known to them, if they would have taken the number plate, then they can get her later. Basically they've just killed a kid for behaving like a kid.

assault on a police officer is not just some little petty crime. if you intentionally run your car into some one you intended to do bodily harm, or kill them. this is what she did. now if she did that who is to say that down the road trying to get away, knowing that she already hit a cop with her car, she does again, except this time it is a mother and her child, or some old man that was in her way while fleeing. then everyone would be blaming the cops for letting a dangerous perpetrator run the streets and not stopping them.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Brockman maintains that Ramsey, of Covington, Ky., tried to run him over and he fired into the car, which had three passengers, in self-defense.

But, as WLWT reports, witnesses and Ramsey's friends said Brockman jumped onto the hood of the car and fired. Ramsey died at the scene. The footage above shows what happened just before the shooting, which took place off-camera. Brockman appears to try to get Ramsey's attention as she drives past him.

A plume of smoke can be seen from Ramsey's car after it fell into a ditch following the shooting.

it appears as though the car went into a ditch afterward and that's where the smoke is coming from.

so not only do you kill the driver because you put yourself in a dangerous position by jumping on the hood

but now you endanger the 3 innocent passengers as well by firing into the car while on the hood and making the car crash into a ditch. now what would happen if one of the other passengers got hit with a bullet because they were sitting behind the driver? or if one of the passengers were injured after the car crashed because the driver was shot dead? i guess they all would have deserved whatever they got, because the driver tried to run...

these are things the officer didnt bother to take into consideration. shoot first, think later
edit on 1-5-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

so what? what ifs don't justify a cop murdering someone over a dangerous situation he created by his own actions but cops do that a lot huh? create messy situations then blame the "criminal" for the whole situation escalating out of control and never take responsibility or even apologize for what they do.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

In this day in age, you cannot get away from the police. You may outrun a car but never the radio. She should not have ran period. Stupid in this world will get you killed. Why do people support felons?!?!?!
Firepiston

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov

As a police officer I will say that there are times where shooting into a vehicle are justified. However, it is rare.

From the short video I watched in relation to this incident I feel that deadly force was not justified.

If I was in that situation at my agency I would not be allowed to pursue the vehicle due to the violation being insignificant.

What I would of done instead would have been to document the license plate number and let her go. I would then figure out the registered vehicle owner and begin an investigation. After identifying her, I would of filed charges for eluding LE and whatever traffic charges applied.

Even though she initiated the actions that lead to her demise, common sense should of been used by the officer/deputy.

I will admit though, it is tough making split second decisions in the heat of the moment. Even tougher when it only takes one mistake for an officer/deputy to ruin both their and another persons life. Contrary to popular belief we are human and are susceptible to making mistakes. Sadly sometimes those mistakes cost lives. Please don't take that as an excuse because it is not.

Unfortunately for the girl, her family and the officer/deputy their paths crossed that night and what happened, happened. While I am not sure the officer/deputy intentionaly murdered the girl, negligence occured and a death resulted.

Sad story.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: CallmeRaskolnikov

originally posted by: thisguyrighthere

I think this is a very valid point. Shooting the driver is going to help control the situation because now you have a dead persons weight on the pedals. As other had mentioned already, this was a 19 year old girl, a stupid teenager sure, but she hardly deserves a death sentence for driving away from a police officer. She wasn't a violent felon with warrants out for her arrest, she wasn't an escaped #ing convict.

If anything the officer voluntarily puts himself in danger by playing dirty harry and jumping on the hood of the car like he's seen one too many action movies. I can bet that the proper protocol for dealing with someone fleeing when getting pulled over isn't to jump on their car and kill them.

you have her car on camera, you can get her plates, run her through the registry and put out and APB to pull her over. You know what road she's on, what direction she's heading. You're going to know where she lives and everything else about her. Just show up at her house later that night if she isnt already pulled over by another police officer who spots the car before that.

should she have tried to evade the cop? obviously not. does the use of deadly force make sense in this case? absolutely not. you can watch 100 episodes of COPS, people try and evade and flee all the time from the police and they don't shoot each and every one of them to death.

Taking off in your car is called felony evading. Her choice to become a felon at that instant caused her her life so oh well 1 less criminal in our society.
Firepiston

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join