It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bushcraft On Fire Radio : 05/01/2014: Packs, Our Rights and .... IT'S MAY DAY!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Thursday, 05/01/2014 at 8:00PM EDT

Via The ATS Radio Site (high and low bandwidth players, and stream links for most commercial players available)

Via Shoutcast (high and low bandwidth players available)

Via Tune In (both the site and the Iphone and Android Apps - search for ATS Radio

Via Semperfortis.us

Or click on the image above

The gathered panel of hosts include Military Veterans, Mountain Men and just plain old Hillbillies with a combined experience in Survival of over 100 years!!!!!

Your Panel

JacKatMtn
Semperfortis
David Wendell
Ahabstar
Bear Truth
XPert11
TheRedNeck

Hour One

Basic Pack Construction Continued

Hour Two

SPECIAL Part 3.. Surviving a Police Contact
Your Rights

Hour Three

MAY DAY!!!!!!

So TUNE IN THURSDAY @ 8:00PM EASTERN via illustrial.net and give us a listen while you learn and expand your knowledge along the way. And if you have not checked out our Bush Craft On Fire YouTube Channel, stop by and watch the videos we have up. Be sure to leave comments, hit the like button or subscribe as you feel is appropriate.

Don't forget to go visit the Bushcraftonfire Website where you can listen to our past shows, take a Survival quiz and much more!!!!

Also visit our NEWEST Site... Bushcraft On Fire Radio for all the latest news, updates, old shows, videos and pictures!!!!

OH YEAH! While you listen, come on the Facebook Page and post your questions, thoughts and comments, or just follow the survival conversation.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

If you have trouble hearing the show on the above links, tune in to the Low Bandwidth here HERE

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
S&F!

I was a bit worried as to how May Day relates in any way to survival and so I investigated a bit and found this ...

Some Finns make a special lemonade from lemons, brown sugar, and yeast called "sima". It contains very little alcohol, so even children can drink it.

... and I am reminded that safe drinking water will be in limited supply and as alcohol kills of the nasty bugs etc. then making Sima (mead), which is 'safe' for kids and adults to consume, may be a life saving ambrosia.

Sima was originally mead, an alcoholic beverage produced by brewing a solution of honey and water. Nowadays the honey is usually replaced mostly or entirely by different kinds of sugar and there is only a very low alcohol content due to limited fermentation. Sima is nowadays therefore a sweet sparkling brew that is mainly seasonal and connected with the Finnish Vappu festival. It is usually spiced by adding both the flesh and rind of a lemon. During secondary fermentation, raisins are added to control the amount of sugars and to act as an indicator of readiness for consumption — they will swell by absorbing carbon dioxide and rise to the top of the bottle when the drink is ready. Sima is usually accompanied by a munkki (donut), a tippaleipä (a special Vappu funnel cake), or a rosetti (rosette).

Please drink responsibly and in moderation!

Happy May Day!

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DietJoke

May Day around our farm was always a big deal; well Granny always made it one... Muggin hunting (Morels), New Babies all over the place, Chewing on Teaberry Leaves, catching Crawdads....

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Gear Review

We are going to review some gear I got on the road this week. Here it is..

Up first

Marble's Hatchet

Next

Condor's Tomahawk

Next

Condor's Jungle Bowie II

Next

Norwegian Stainless Canteen Kit

Finally

Czech Cooking Kit

Tune in for these gear reviews...

Semper

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I am really excited about tonight's show. Sorry I missed
a few weeks, me mum passed away on the 8 April.
I am SO thankful that there was no rain today for May Day!

Love the look of the 2nd hatchet! It looks serious!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
All-UUUmin-IUm

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Ot's not Olmsted Falls, VA...It's Olmsted Fall, OH.

Reality Remix thought I was from TX.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I have a question (Sorry I'm not on Facebook) I would have called in for
your test call call but didn't think I had anything to contribute...maybe next week.

My question is for your show & probably other shows...
Question...Is the chat room suppose to be talking about
the show in progress? I am asking because many times the people
there have no clue what the topic of discussion is...
Thank You!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: semperfortis

Semper...You need to add the # if you are going to accept callers. (Careful what you wish for ...LOL)

But this and RR are my shows I love to listen too.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

(954) 903-0748

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ektar
Question...Is the chat room suppose to be talking about
the show in progress? I am asking because many times the people
there have no clue what the topic of discussion is...

It's nice when the chat room is on the show topic, and if you listen closely there are clues that some are actuallylistening to the show. Most often it seems the show topics gets the chat room going on the topic, and then they all go off on some bizarre tangent.

Many people come into the chat room when a lot of people are in there, which happens during shows, but many of them have no interest in listening to the show at all and just like to have company.

No specific rule about the chat topic. Just T&C rules apply but topic is all over the place and unregulated.

Hope that helps.
edit on 1-5-2014 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Erongaricuaro

I do try to stay the course concerning the shows (whatever it may be)...

But yea, I tend to stray at times. Thanks for trying to keep the rest of us on track.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Thanks to the BushCraft folk....enjoyable as always and I am tickled pink that you now accept calls.

Just in case you didn't see my thanks for y'alls service on chat

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Erongaricuaro

Thanks for the explanation. I wasn't sure about the rules since
I only started in chat a few months ago. It is an enjoyable
place to be & I really like the option to send a quick personal
message to someone.

Cheers
Ektar

new topics

top topics