It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Driver caught using cell phone jamming device

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: KnightLight

I see what your saying but do you realize that incessant complaining about my thoughts just comes across to me as you trying to controll how I think.

I wouldn't call anything in this thread incessant. I AM trying to cajole your thoughts, but not outright control. There is no other need for communication than the changing of another's thoughts. guiding urging and pushing are not forcing or controlling. Parenting is mind control.

This is just a suggestion but you should chill nobody besides the guy in the op has done anything wrong and personally I kind of admire him you aren't changing my mind on that and I am not expecting you to change yours.

I am very chill by nature. I am also stern, but I maintain a very strong chillness.
Smile more and my words become less serious.

Legally he was in the wrong but I understand the dude it's to bad you can't. Oh well free country and all I am just glad there isn't any thought police or prescribe cogs.

It's AWESOME that I do not understand someone who wants to BLOCK communications of ANYONE around him. That's something I expect from enemies not friends. It's too bad you understand ignorant behavior that violates other peoples free will. Dictators think this way.

You are being a thought police by charging that you have the right to overstep other's rights to do as they wish. You think they will crash (IN the FUTURE) so it's already your perogitive to block EVERYBODY's communication. Instead I am on the same side as you as far as people on cell phones while driving goes... But it's not ok to JAM cell signals in public.

The guy is wrong and the big bad FCC is right and so am I.

I never told you to stop talking, but then again I'm still smiling too.

You DON'T Own the Electromagnetic spectrum. respect property rights. Simple.
edit on 1-5-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The thing I find about this case is that it does tread close to the line (if not crosses it) of vigilantism. We just saw a man go to prison for life over that.

I say the fine is fine.

I don't always think the laws are fair, but in this case (as the other), I'm fine with that.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I am telling you I can't even walk down the aisle at the supermarket without someone bent over reading into the phone what's on the shelf. Friends and family are always ticked at me because I never have my phone in my hand. I leave it in the house, the truck, I could care less. It's for emergencies for me now, so I tell everyone "the phone is for my convenience not theirs". That just starts a whole argument.

Nothing would make me a crazy as a corporate meeting with 20 people and they all sit with their phones texting or emailing. How can they pay attention? I am lucky I don't have to do that anymore either. Todays kids? They should just have the thing surgically implanted and be done with it.

Let me know how the construction goes, that one is supposed to work pretty well for 35 feet.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
This jamming tech. kinda cuts right to the heart of modern society. With a few mods many systems will fail. It really leads me to question the right of anybody to be able to jamm my brain with any frequencies. Of coarse the courts will always side with modern tech. but i really do wonder if it is really legal to send these signals into my home. Afterall much of the earth is bound by certain natural signals and what interference is really going on here. So then the question becomes who is jamming who.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

A symptom of the missing closeness we used to share... Drugs used to work ok, but then instant information became the next fix.. Sadly after instant information comes patience.. Does anyone have any left? Can't it wait?????

If you are in a race with humanity, then you may feel as if you're in a rush. When nothing can wait you are always late. When you are always late multitasking is the norm. Then it's hard to kick back and relax without 2 or 3 things going on at once..

I'm weird and don't want to hurt people so I override all those other urges and steer my Giant metal Dinosaur inbetween the other cars as to not pop a meat bag or two. Only someone who understands what 2 tons and 60mph = at a quick stop should be allowed to drive. Maybe we need to make the test harder?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I can see many criminal loving cell phone jammers.

More and more systems are using cell phone lines like security alarms, cameras and medical alert systems.

www.lifealert.com...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

No it is not illegal on your own property (for the moment).
Public property... Different story.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: VforVendettea

Like some OPs, I want one of these devices to use in the grocery store! Yeah, drivers on cell phones scare me too but the inconsiderate boobs who stand in the check-out line at the store sharing their drama with the world and holding up the line because they have to have words with someone makes me NUTSO! Politely asking them to step aside and let the line move is met with ....vulgarity and outrage. I'm not a violent person by nature, have never committed violence on others but I can honestly say that this thing with e-gadgets and some people's evident addition to them comes as close as anything to making me want to physically insert their gadgets in places that the sun never reaches.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
man this has put a smile on my face because last week i just got a new soldering setup because I have an asrock fatality one professional series that I just need to make a small repair to work but it has been a while since I fid something like this. so I think I will practice by making the cig case version after a trip to radio shack.

I may change my mind but it sounds fun at the moment then again I haven't had any sleep since 4:30 am Tuesday morning aside from an emergency surgery from reconstruction of my cheekbone where something went wrong last time around so if you count anesthesia as sleep I was out for a while. Oh the joys of Afghan bomb fragments so I may be in a bit of a mood right now even though I just got home and had to call the ac repair because the damn thing is backing up but at least that's covered as it is a repair they botched. But I still love Florida heat so don't think I am really complaining I am just saying it has been a hell of a couple days.

I did learn at the hospital that morphine is not good for me as it hypes me up to where I cant sleep, but it felt damn good. Anyway that wont happen again as I made sure it is in the records.

See I am so damn tired I am sort of on a rant in text form. So I am a bit grouchy nothing sleep wont cure by tomorrow I just have to wait for the damn ac guy. However believe it or not I feel a lot better the last surgery was back in November and I found out that under the titanium plate there was a bone fragment that had died and was causing an infection which in turn ate a small hole in my eyelid so all in all with # out my pain level is lower than it has been in a very long time. All I knew till a talked to the doc this morning was there was an infection. So old Grim wont be so Grim in the near future.
edit on 1-5-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Wsit doesnt everyone have one in there car?? oops um forget i said anything. The reason there illegal is they can be used to jam radar signals as well police dont like that at all.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I have a friend who works in LE and was telling me I could put one in the car when my daughter gets her license that the phone will not work if it is on. She would have to pull over and turn off the ignition before should could use the phone, or anyone in the car with her. Maybe not as powerful a jammer? Not sure what the difference really is.

But my girl is def going to get one installed because kids are too damned tempted. I would rather keep mine alive and also so she doesn't hurt anyone else.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace
Nothing would make me a crazy as a corporate meeting with 20 people and they all sit with their phones texting or emailing. How can they pay attention? I

This boggles my mind every single day.

The answer is they can't and they don't pay attention and everyone leaves the meeting having accomplished nothing in the meeting and as a result things get done badly and we have to have three more meetings to try to clarify what it should have taken one to.

It's totally ridiculous and no one says a thing. I'm not in a position to, so when I sit down at the table I set my phone down and push it away and just listen and ask my questions and make my suggestions, which that usually annoy them because they weren't paying attention at all and missed everything and then we have to repeat it as we watch them zone off again.

Some places are actually starting to notice and care and confiscate phones, tablets, laptops before a meeting and to this I say

Again I say...this is a disease, one I'm sure they'll come up with a new drug for soon (tongue in cheek).

ETA: Check this...it's from 2005...before smart phones, so imagine this extrapolated out....

Drivers on Cell Phones Kill Thousands, Snarl Traffic
edit on 5/1/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
HmmmI kinda like this one. He could frame it as a safety issue. Snow tires, hazard lights, and a jammer to keep the distracted drivers focused on their driving and preventing accidents.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Wasn't this the reason tin hat started? People would claim a conspiracy of radio waves infiltrating the head and the government was trying to program them. Jesse Ventura did one of his shows on this. So people would take aluminum foil craft a hat to block radio waves, hence the name tin hat.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

I'm weird and don't want to hurt people so I override all those other urges and steer my Giant metal Dinosaur inbetween the other cars as to not pop a meat bag or two. Only someone who understands what 2 tons and 60mph = at a quick stop should be allowed to drive. Maybe we need to make the test harder?

So thats the reason I love my F250 4WD 6.0 diesel, meat bags just don't stand a chance.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

While I sympathize with your predicament as a trucker, I think the fine in the case is wholly appropriate. I don't get to take the law in my own hands with regard to stupid people, fat shoppers blocking grocery store aisles, or any other thing that annoys me, and neither does he.

Plus -- his jammer was likely interfering with cell towers, emergency responders and other legitimate uses of the technology.

Hell - my 16k strap-on car auto-pairs to my wireless device and allows me to talk hands free. I don't see this as any more dangerous than listening to music or talk radio, though I admit it probably looks silly to others outside my of my bubble.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Yeah, but these same idiots watch television, and the networks even call their product "programming," so its hard to take those conspiracies seriously....

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s
Well, we do agree if you check my post on the last page. A jammer is the stuff of day dreams for me because of the real world downsides of actually doing it.

It got me to thinking though.... You know those LRAD systems also do normal voice messages too. Not just the offensive/dangerous tones for crowd control. If only one could be adapted for mobile use. That could be really fun. They narrow for field of effect to a very narrow 'beam' and a few inches outside it? Silence...like nothing was happening. Inside it? Why, it would be like the voice of God from above for being inside the car with 'em.

"HANG UP THAT PHONE!"....(sit back to enjoy brief amusement in stop and go traffic)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I've played with the LRAD for years. They do not function as advertised. At least the military models don't.

But then again, now that I think about it, when has any military model functioned as advertised? Silly me!

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Agreed, taking Jesse Ventura with anything more than a grain of salt is crazy in itself. I have always called it the propaganda box. The germans in WWII knew the value of a good propaganda movie. When the escaped jewish movie makers got out of germany they came here. How many times can they put on "The Day After Tomorrow" before you realize it happens day after day whenever the conversation about climate change/global warming heats up. In and around Noter Dame look whats on TV in that area at football season. Oh yes they try and manipulate the public all the time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join