It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Scientists Discovered Egyptian Secret To Moving Huge Pyramid Stones

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:04 PM

originally posted by: Daedalus
a reply to: MrSpad

a waste?

for all the advancements we've made in the area of building materials, they're still not as good as the "primitive materials" used in the construction of the pyramids... i dare you to name a structure using "modern materials", that's been standing for thousands of years...

Why would we build a struture that would last thousands of years beyond say things like the Hoover Damn, Mnt Rushmore or Cheyenne Mountain? We do not go around building with giant blocks because we do not have to. And it would make tearing down building and replacing them in a few hundred years much harder. Not to mention the trying to put in modern plumbing, temp control etc. in a building made of stone blocks. I could pile up some rocks and it will last longer than a modern home but, who the hell would want to live under a pile of rocks?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:11 PM
1. There is no real reason to assume the "Egyptians" built them. I suspect the folks we call king tut et al simply moved in the same way you moved into your house.

2. Corral castle was probably built using the same system that built the pyramids and friction wasn't a part of it - that was done in the 20th century by the way but no one seemed to be interested in how that creation related to the pyramids - then or now.

3. Why do folks simply insist in taking what they know now and demand it apply to a time where they no longer live? I'm fascinated by the utter knuckldragging ignorance of the phrase "a planet that can support life" as if the entirety of everything ever created is just like the world the scientists can see right now - they are more closed minded then the religious folks.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:23 PM

originally posted by: MarlinGrace
a reply to: daaskapital

I don't think the issue was ever going from point A to Point B it has always been stacking the stones being perfect fit within thousandths of an inch, and not collapsing on itself with the rooms and hall ways on the inside while stacking. They haven't figured that out, and they haven't figured out how they made the crystal skulls either, we don't even have the technology today to make one of those.

The two could have been done together. The way stone was cut was to have a giant metal bandsaw. Then it would be easy enough to fix this to a wooden frame and just slide it back and forth across the stone. Alternatively two stones could always be rubbed against each other.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:25 PM
a reply to: Ericthedoubter

slaves... lots of slaves and money...

throw enough money at a problem and the problem will eventually go away.

that in essence is how the baalbek stones were moved.

the romans had sophisticated cranes, roads, and a great deal of surplus manual laborers.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:26 PM
This doesn't prove anything at all. It doesn't account for how fast they would have to quarry, cut, move and place each slab to fit the generally accepted time frame (20 years) of building the pyramid of Cheops/Khufu et al.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:40 PM

The great pyramid of Giza which is the tomb of King Cheops has two million three hundred thousand stones, 2 300 000. They are lime stones. Each Block on Average Weighed about 2.5 Tonnes .

How much Wood would be needed to make enough of these Alleged Sleds in order to transport 2 Million Three Hundred Thousand Stone Blocks considering Most of Ancient Egypt was Desert and barren of Any Hard Wood Trees ? That whole Theory makes no Sense .

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:53 PM

originally posted by: Fisherr
So how did Edward Leedskalnin do coral castle? with wet sand.

I think the ancient Egyptians came across the pyramids and then squatted there and try to replicate them in some smaller versions surrounding it and failed at doing so.

I don't think ancient Egyptians are the original builders of these great things.

You are correct. And there are a myrad of myths which spawned from the image of the Sphinx.
The man/animal stone monument spawned the birth of animal/human hybrid gods. As well as the general idea of the *sun* god Aker, the 2 lions was a derivative of the Sphinx.

At one point the Sphinx had wings and so that is why you see this symbol, And why Ra was invented to symbolize the monuments power to fly. ( the monument is only a reprisentation of the being that created the pyramids and the giza Plateux)

It was generally thought, that since it had the face of a man. And was a reprisentation of a sky god. It would be more suitable to show the God as a myrad of combinations and to show different attributes of the hypothized god. When some of these ideas didn't register well with other priests, they formed seperate identities of the one same God. One aspect is a feral dog, another is an eagle, one is a bull, and another is a lion.

These 4 cults at the time were attempting to gain supremacy over each other, When war almost left them ravaged, they combined all the gods together and created a *family* with these new combinations and creations on a run away train towards New gods being developed in sucession.

It wasn't until the fall of the egyptian empire, Than the greeks stumbled upon the mess. From the squatters who went crazy over the monument in the Giza Plateux and what was its meaning.

When the Greeks uncovered the pantheon of Gods, Such as Ra- and his *family* they devolved the animalistic aspects for the more human ones and developed a Pantheon where Ra would be zeus, This is why Zeus Takes the form of a Swan, To mimic the Pheonix myth which was developed by the egyptian pantheon as a modification of *What the sphinx might actually be* (since it was a winged lion man) The Bennu the herin the stork all came out of Egypt. Semantites/early jews Saw this monument (The Sphinx), and the remains of the Egyptian civilization, and began chronicalling what they found. At some point. Another religious war broke out between all of this and the gnostic/semantic scholars who studied in Alexandria. ( The birthing place of all these myths came from there, that is why it was burned down because it was storing information about the Squatting Egyptians)

Alexandira had to be burned down so that the greek and roman myths would be preserved and that any ties to Egypt would be severed.

When the semantics/Jews continued to preach about their Prophecies to come out of Egypt. It caused a lot of trouble, These people were hunted down and when they were captured they were used as slaves.

When moses parts the water, it is just a replay from the book of genisis with the flood, only without an Ark.
A lot of the symbols and random stories told in the bible, were scrolls from Alexandria. This is why the stories seem so out of place and jump from chapter to chapter between * prophet to prophet* and why not all morals or writing style is the same from chapter to chapter. It was the semetics/Jews that helped preserve some of these scrolls by hiding them in a cave in the Dead sea.

That is only but a fraction of the religious texts recovered from Alexandria.

History has been rewritten because of all these event, because of the highjacking of gods... all of it leading back to some squatters in Egypt that lived there thousands of years prior...

The bible is a continuation of the myth passed on from Egypt to Israel, Where the scrolls have been retranslated as the cult gained popularity.

This whole passage is about it.
Isaiah 19
A Prophecy Against Egypt

1A prophecy against Egypt:

See, the Lord rides on a swift cloud

and is coming to Egypt.

The idols of Egypt tremble before him,

and the hearts of the Egyptians melt with fear.

2“I will stir up Egyptian against Egyptian—

brother will fight against brother,

neighbor against neighbor,

city against city,

kingdom against kingdom.

3The Egyptians will lose heart,

and I will bring their plans to nothing;

they will consult the idols and the spirits of the dead,

the mediums and the spiritists.

4I will hand the Egyptians over

to the power of a cruel master,

and a fierce king will rule over them,”

declares the Lord, the Lord Almighty.

5The waters of the river will dry up,

and the riverbed will be parched and dry.

6The canals will stink;

the streams of Egypt will dwindle and dry up.

The reeds and rushes will wither,

7also the plants along the Nile,

at the mouth of the river.

Every sown field along the Nile

will become parched, will blow away and be no more.

8The fishermen will groan and lament,

all who cast hooks into the Nile;

those who throw nets on the water

will pine away.

9Those who work with combed flax will despair,

the weavers of fine linen will lose hope.

10The workers in cloth will be dejected,

and all the wage earners will be sick at heart.

11The officials of Zoan are nothing but fools;

the wise counselors of Pharaoh give senseless advice.

How can you say to Pharaoh,

“I am one of the wise men,

a disciple of the ancient kings”?

12Where are your wise men now?

Let them show you and make known

what the Lord Almighty

has planned against Egypt.

13The officials of Zoan have become fools,

the leaders of Memphis are deceived;

the cornerstones of her peoples

have led Egypt astray.

14The Lord has poured into them

a spirit of dizziness;

they make Egypt stagger in all that she does,

as a drunkard staggers around in his vomit.

15There is nothing Egypt can do—

head or tail, palm branch or reed.

16In that day the Egyptians will become weaklings. They will shudder with fear at the uplifted hand that the Lord Almighty raises against them. 17And the land of Judah will bring terror to the Egyptians; everyone to whom Judah is mentioned will be terrified, because of what the Lord Almighty is planning against them.

18In that day five cities in Egypt will speak the language of Canaan and swear allegiance to the Lord Almighty. One of them will be called the City of the Sun.a

19In that day there will be an altar to the Lord in the heart of Egypt, and a monument to the Lord at its border. 20It will be a sign and witness to the Lord Almighty in the land of Egypt. When they cry out to the Lord because of their oppressors, he will send them a savior and defender, and he will rescue them. 21So the Lord will make himself known to the Egyptians, and in that day they will acknowledge the Lord. They will worship with sacrifices and grain offerings; they will make vows to the Lord and keep them. 22The Lord will strike Egypt with a plague; he will strike them and heal them. They will turn to the Lord, and he will respond to their pleas and heal them.

23In that day there will be a highway from Egypt to Assyria. The Assyrians will go to Egypt and the Egyptians to Assyria. The Egyptians and Assyrians will worship together. 24In that day Israel will be the third, along with Egypt and Assyria, a blessingb on the earth. 25The Lord Almighty will bless them,
edit on 1-5-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:57 PM

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

The great pyramid of Giza which is the tomb of King Cheops has two million three hundred thousand stones, 2 300 000. They are lime stones. Each Block on Average Weighed about 2.5 Tonnes .

How much Wood would be needed to make enough of these Alleged Sleds in order to transport 2 Million Three Hundred Thousand Stone Blocks considering Most of Ancient Egypt was Desert and barren of Any Hard Wood Trees ? That whole Theory makes no Sense .

With 100 sleds == 23000x transporting a slab
With 500 sleds == 4600x transports

You think that's impossible? You think there was no way to get wood from other countries? You think for the old Egyptians it was "impossible" to build, say 500 sleds...the same people who went through the effort to prepare MILLIONS AND MILLIONS (!!) of animal mummies and similar?

The OP insofar surprised me since I don't really see a "secret" or still unsolved mystery when it comes to building the pyramids. It was a HUGE project, alright, but note even remotely an unexplained mystery. (And I say this as someone who otherwise thinks the ancient alien theories are intriguing). I wouldn't see a problem, given enough man-power & time. The ancients were not THAT dumb as we often believe. Yes, they DID amazing things.
For myself, looking at an ancient statue etc... with amazing detail...I could also say "IMPOSSIBLE! How can an ancient culture work and shape stone to make an incredibly detailed statue from it?" Obviously I would never look at a statue and assume aliens must have built it, no one would doubt that humans made it. Just as an example.
edit on 42014RuThursdayAmerica/Chicago41PMThursdayThursday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:20 PM
A question one has to ask is, how can a civilization with an IQ of 83(probably even lower back then) manage to do something like this? If people now can't figure out how not to rape half of their women, or even have a tiny bit of common sense against such a violent book, how could we possibly expect them to figure out anything remotely
close to this?

Also, the blonde hair blue eyes genes supposedly came from a single person from 10000 years ago. Now that doesn't sound so impossible, if you considered that 1 in 200 men in the world is a descendant of Genghis Khan currently.
The thing is, how did this person manage to escape all the diseases that inflicted Blacks and populated so fast?
Clearly, there's a lot that history isn't telling us.

If I had to guess, all the more "evolved beings or races" right now are really an experiment by the UFOs, and they will control the game, or periodically insert more characters, so to speak, as they see fit.

Anyway, to continue with "the story," if you were to look at history, the 3 greatest warrior races, smartest and known for their beautiful women are the Aryans, the Samurais, and us(we came about 5000 years after the Aryans). All of us fought the Mongolians, and I think there was a reason that each of us was spared(admittedly, even though we won, if they had kept attacking us, they would have also overwhelmed us with their numbers). You could say that that reason is that it's our responsibilities to spread our gene pool, in other words, to help humanity reach godhood, or at least, to counter the Dragon(Chinese Genes) and the Snake(Blacks/Muslims Genes). Even Richard Dawkins, a self-proclaimed atheist/evolutionist, will tell you that we live for our genes(though he can't really explain WHY that is.)

THIS is the point of life, for everyone to become beautiful and intelligent(perhaps it's not a coincidence that the Japanese had outlawed Muslims, and that neither we nor the U.S had been "invaded" by the Muslims and Chinese yet)!

Think about it, what's the point of perpetuating this existence? What's even the point of getting married and
having kids, if most people are not attractive? Life is fun and worth living only if most or a lot of people are beautiful,
and you have a lot of advanced technology to play with.

However, in order for this to be possible, the beautiful and intelligent must outnumber their counterparts first.
We need to counter this "reversed natural selection" trend. It is rather ridiculous that the Aryans and Samurais
are dying out, while others have so many kids.

Now this doesn't mean that the lower races should die out, because a true god race will help them evolve(just like
what the UFOs are doing, and if you think this implies something uncomfortable, well I guess that's tough.
That's how the game was designed. And regardless of whether you believe in God OR Evolution,
it implies some kind of structural order or "superiority" anyway. Just be glad we're no longer
starting out as amoebas).

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:34 PM

Sand + Heat = Glass
Just think about that one for a second.
What makes the Highways slick when we have ice?
Wet frozen water.
But heat and sand make GLASS

Just a thought
Just my opinion

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:43 PM

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

OK, I have read Mark Lehner's books and didn't recall him saying anything about a depletion of lumber? Can you give me a page reference. (I am actually interested, not trying to be belligerent).

The article concerning how old Gaza is takes it's data from : Archaeology " Dating the Pyramids " Volume 52 Number 5, September/October 1999. That study clearly states:

This study does not sufficiently address key anomalies in its findings, however - mainly how and where the Egyptians were able to obtain literally tons of 100-400 year old dead wood

Which has, I thought, always invalidated the assumption that there was a shortage of non structural wood for an extended period of time. Sure there were occasional shortages as can be seen from the Journey of Wen-amen, but trade and reforesting seemed to resolve any short term shortages. I could be very wrong, but I think I am correct. I will absolutely admit my folly if I could be educated correctly.

Edit:I re-read your post and I think you are only referring to hard wood. That was almost always imported I agree and there were issues where sometimes it was hard to get it easily. That was usually resolved within a few years though.

Hi raymundoko, yes, I'm referring pretty much only to the hard woods, the large Cypress timbers Lebanon was famed for, which was provided to Egypt for it's large structural timbers, levers, transports and boats. Once the previous generations harvested all the old growth trees for their constructions it had the unintended effect of depriving succeeding generations (Khufu, Djedefre, Khafre, et. al.) of such local sizable timbers who had to cast their nets further abroad to supply these. After the 4th dynasty Egyptian's building program was considerably scaled back so local hard woods had a chance to rebound.

Even then, this was a dry arid climate and would preserve wood objects like ladders, sledges, for many generations, until they become so decrepit and eventually tossed into a fire pit for ovens or slaking gypsum.

The pages in Lehner's book are 202-203, in the chapter "Supply and Transport."

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:09 PM
a reply to: ignorant_ape

This is a good point. In my opinion, IF this is how the Egyptians accomplished such a feat, they likely would have dug canals to bring the water very near to where they would need it. But you also have to think about the possibility of slave labor. Some say that the Egyptians used no slave labor on the pyramids, and I find that incredibly hard to believe. Therefore they may not have really cared that much about the energy expended. They would most likely have just done what was fastest.

I believe Egypt was probably receiving much more rainfall at the time the pyramids were built, and thus possibly more vegetation as well, although it is hard to say what impact this could have potentially had on building the pyramids. I have always figured that in ancient times the region was quite lush and tropical. I just cannot imagine a civilization purposefully developing in such an unforgiving location, although their proximity to the Nile is the main thing that made life possible for them.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:20 PM
Maybe it's not water?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:28 PM
Or....Perhaps these art were depictions of how Ancient Egypt "Thought", or rather theorized on how they were built.
Maybe this was a theory, an attempt drawn out to show on how they might build this structures, under the assumption that the pyramids were already their prior to the Egyptians.

Just my opinion though.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:31 PM
This has more holes in it than a chain-link fence!! I would believe the Ancient Alien theory before this crap. First of all there are many, MANY stones that weigh more than 2 tons, also where did the wood come from to build sleds big enough to move these blocks? Who is carrying the water to pour in front of the sled as its pulled along? Have these people ever heard of SAND PAPER, cause pulling a piece of wood with an enormous weight on it across wet sand would "Sand" the sled into in no time flat. I could go on and on but I won't.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:02 PM
Perhaps humankind is a compliant gold metal producing by-product of terraforming. After all we do stick out from the crowd as an Earth species. The wetting the sands before the sledge doesn't work for me...every stone at the Great Pyramid fits next to another with different dimensions. Many cut and carved stones delivered from many miles away to fit together...and not a tomb. Perhaps because the visitors that enlightened us monkeys at Gobekli genetics centre built them as an energy thingy so they could get back home

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:14 PM
Couldn't they have used other blocks as a "railway" instead of wood? Everyone is stuck on this wood thing . . they had access to rock, so why not just use that, I'm sure thing will slide better on wet rock than wood. Also, they wouldn't have to use heavy rock as the railway, either. They would just have to use enough rock slabs to carry the weight without the rock breaking.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:30 PM
What gets me is the picture blatantly shows a guy pouring water the front of this statue...

And how long have these muppets been studying Egypt, Bah. How long until someone noticed this?!

Its like they have made the hieroglyphs up to explain something they dont know...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:41 PM
This theory is ridiculous. You would need another sled just to transport the water, then another sled for that water, and so on.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:05 AM
a reply to: Yusomad

Egypt had access to other wood, several large boats built out of meru wood.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>