It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Discovered Egyptian Secret To Moving Huge Pyramid Stones

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Sleds rot, they are made of wood, but plenty of rejected stones as well as tools have been found. Alll stone working has been done with tools available at the time to show how it was done. I believe Arbitrageur, Harte and Hanslune have posted videos in the past showing this to be the case.

For modern examples of people moving and working stones see the video already posted by Arbitrageur as well as the Coral Castle. The coral castle was built with an intricate pulley and counterweight system used to move multi-ton stones, as well as set them into place.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: UB2120

Not true. Eyewitnesses saw pulley systems and counterweight systems over the wall. The Magnetism thing comes into play in that he sold "special magnets" that could cure any disease. (Apparently they cured TB for him when he was younger, but there is no proof he ever had it and it may have been a get rich quick scheme upon first coming to America). Ultimately they didn't save him as he died at 64 of disease...

It took him TWENTY YEARS to finish the coral castle, and it still wasn't done (I've been there). If you can magically float stones it doesn't take you 20 years to finish (or not finish) something like that. He also NEVER told anyone how he did it. He was asked and he answered with "I figured out how they did it in Ancient Egypt".

Here is a link including pictures of him working the pulley system:

pesn.com...

I like how it wraps it up:

So, when Ed said he thought he'd figured out how the pyramids were made, he was apparently referring to tripods, block and tackle, fulcrum leverage, etc -- all largely forgotten technology to us today.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital While this metheod was used for some things it is not how i remember the stones being moved. First think of leggos and how one block is the same as others. Only a certain amount of different size stones were used. So the workers were sent out to carve a perfect stone of each size just one of each. Then it was coated with a special liquid and harmonics was used to move it to an area near the sphinx where the blocks were replicated and put into place by the workers.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

i kinda gotta call BS on the wet sand tactic too. remember when the world believes one thing and the actual truth is known by few, those few hold great power.

could it be that the people who decided to move into the pyramids and graffiti them to no end just needed to come up with an explanation? a few smart people saying "wait a minute, how'd you guys build these if your truly our rulers?"

"O ugh... well ya see, we used a TON of people to pull and push the sled while some chap poured a little water up front. see this picture here proves it!"

i gotta disagree with this tactic as their is no way ole Mr. leedskalin could of done this solo down in florida. if we can ever unlock the secrets of the coral castle i think we will be much closer to understanding how the pyramids were built.

to me this is like solving a murder. we got one murder that took place "6000" years ago and most of the experts on the murder are extremely biased one way or another. then we got this other murder which is about 100 years old and their wasn't a large conspiracy. just him. chances are theirs info somewhere. i know I'm not building the coral castle without leaving some kind of "I TOLD YOU SO" behind.

the coral castle just seems like a much easier target to try and find these secrets out.
edit on 1-5-2014 by mindseye1609 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yusomad
a reply to: ignorant_ape

How much would reduced friction help you if the sled is not strong enough (hence the strong wood remark) to support whatever you put on it? If the sled becomes crushed because palm trees are not "real" wood, how is reduced friction going to get you anywhere?

BTW, try and read whatever you respond to? Thanks.

The quote says they used slabs for the sleds..so they too were made of stone, not wood.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko
Yes block and tackle was part of the key to building coral castle though some people don't want to believe it.

However I'm not aware of the pyramid builders having block and tackle so when Wally Wallington says he thinks his sticks and stones methods could have been used to build the pyramids without technology like block and tackle, he could be right.

Not all of us can be as clever as Wally Wallington, but not everyone needs to be. You only need one person that clever to develop the method, then show others how to do it.

originally posted by: mindseye1609
i gotta disagree with this tactic as their is no way ole Mr. leedskalin could of done this solo down in florida. if we can ever unlock the secrets of the coral castle i think we will be much closer to understanding how the pyramids were built.
I already posted a video showing how Wally Wallington could easily do the same thing himself.

Actually Leedskalnin used more advanced technology, the block and tackle. Wallington only uses sticks and stones.
edit on 1-5-2014 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I guess you've never seen skim boarding? or Cooler sleds??

www.youtube.com...
www.google.com... 1&bih=689

I live on the beach so I am familiar with both.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Oh no, I agree with you. I think Wally Washington is correct. I also give much credence to the internal ramp theory for how the stones were moved up the structure and put into place. All could have been done with Wally's method.

I was simply saying that is how it was completed at Coral Castle.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Just a thought - How do we know they are not using hydroplaning - on a solidly smoothed surface with an oil slick?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

I really don't know how to respond to that. I am going to leave your ancient conspiracy theory alone and only discuss the coral castle.

Again, eyewitnesses AS WELL AS PICTURES show him using block and tackles, pulleys, counter weights etc to build the coral castle. There is no mystery involved with how it was done.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

originally posted by: Yusomad
So they have discovered how they managed to do something impossible to modern man.

Why is it impossible for us to do it??

While it is not impossible, it is a complete waste of time and resources to build with primitive building supplies like giant stones. Any advanced or modern society would have modern building materials that are easy to use and build with. Things like the pyramids were the combined effort of an entire civilization using the only things available. If they had access to modern technology of course they would not have wasted effort on building with big blocks in simple shapes. If somebody today wanted to waste the money and resources building something with giant stones of course they could. However nobody is going to bother doing that.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

Not true. Eyewitnesses saw pulley systems and counterweight systems over the wall. The Magnetism thing comes into play in that he sold "special magnets" that could cure any disease. (Apparently they cured TB for him when he was younger, but there is no proof he ever had it and it may have been a get rich quick scheme upon first coming to America). Ultimately they didn't save him as he died at 64 of disease...

It took him TWENTY YEARS to finish the coral castle, and it still wasn't done (I've been there). If you can magically float stones it doesn't take you 20 years to finish (or not finish) something like that. He also NEVER told anyone how he did it. He was asked and he answered with "I figured out how they did it in Ancient Egypt".

Here is a link including pictures of him working the pulley system:

pesn.com...

I like how it wraps it up:

So, when Ed said he thought he'd figured out how the pyramids were made, he was apparently referring to tripods, block and tackle, fulcrum leverage, etc -- all largely forgotten technology to us today.

Yes, I've seen the pulley system and cables, but that would not lift a 20 or 30 ton stone. I doubt it could lift a 10 ton stone. Also they were not used when he moved Coral Castle from its original location to where it is today.

Have you read Ed's book? He discusses his belief on how gravity is a form of magnetism.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

a waste?

for all the advancements we've made in the area of building materials, they're still not as good as the "primitive materials" used in the construction of the pyramids... i dare you to name a structure using "modern materials", that's been standing for thousands of years...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

we have moved much bigger in recent times, only 246 years ago with more or less the same available materials the Egyptians have.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Now explain how they cut and placed a block every 2 minutes.
Here is Joe Rogan going into a bit more detail.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Nail-->Head.

Right now we can engrave metal with lasers. One day perhaps that is the only way to engrave metal as it could be the easiest and most cost effective. How stupid would we be, if after hundreds of years of doing it that way, to find a metal plate with engravings on it from the early 1900's and think "THEY DIDN'T HAVE LASERS BACK THEN, SO IMPOSSIBLE! ALSO, THESE MARKINGS ARE SO DEEP, WE CAN'T DO THAT WITH LASERS SO WE CAN'T REPLICATE WITH MODERN TECHNOLOGY!"

Sometimes things are forgotten because they weren't the most effective way to do something.

I know I haven't used a potato masher since I got my kitcheaid...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

Why does it need to stand for thousands of years? We can build a skyscraper for pennies on the dollar after it's years of use pay it off. It can then be blown up under the pretense of terrorism and a new one can be built rather easily.

You see what I did there?

Then the materials can be re-used to create the replacement building. Once a stone is cut, it's pretty much only good for what is was cut for.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

It absolutely could lift the stones. And yes I read Ed's book. It's probably the most unscientific thing I've ever read. Dude wanted to sell magnets yo.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The size of the quarries found do not match the amount of stone used in many cases we have found no locations of where the stones come from much less how they got there in the amount of time it took to build. Allthough some were built using primitive metheods and lead researchers astray from the massive truth of the great ones. I have stated in other threads that i can prove by replicating the metheods in my other post but the let's call it technology involved also hides a little secret that when certain things are mixed in wrong formulas create a choice to be given to the user of either losing his life by spontanous combustion of just him or combustion of everyone else in the world. It sounds like an easy choice but many worlds have died because of the selfish choice and fear of death. These secrets will not be known until we grow up. Until then the evidence speaks for itself. It is likely that the same ones that deny my post would be the demise of us all.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

All ancient civilizations used huge blocks, because apparently it was not hard for them to handle, carve and position in any perfect manner they desired. Big blocks are better in that they can whistand quakes better given they are placed properly, which they are in this case.
And as said before, they already tried to do it the "traditional" way, look it up on YT, it must be there. They failed, so, next?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join