It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Discovered Egyptian Secret To Moving Huge Pyramid Stones

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Misleading title. Should read: "Scientists Take Ridiculous Measures To Debunk Evidence Of Ancient Technology In Egypt". Wetting down the sand in front of the sled? Just no.
edit on 1-5-2014 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie
Agreed the sand piles up whether wet or dry, but i think the claim it piles up less when wet is true, don't you?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
They placed the sled in a tray of sand? That is not the samething at all!
Did they grind the sand to dust first?
They may have made the sled and blocks to scale but what about the sand?
There is no way their findings can be accurate if they used a miniature slay and regular sized sand.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

I see a statue being moved on a sled....

Where exactly does it talk about 'pyramid' stones?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

Well they are saying these days that the erosion on the sphinx....is from water and not sand and wind as much as once thought.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Yusomad

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

originally posted by: Yusomad
So they have discovered how they managed to do something impossible to modern man.

Why is it impossible for us to do it??

Im not here to educate you, or anyone.
There was a group of japanese scientists that tried to build a puny pyramid in the 80s-90s, they failed miserably.

Should you not have an inkling about the thread topic before you post in it?

My Goodness, what an attitude you have! You got it all down, do you? You've made a claim (several, actually) without citing any sources at all. A "group of Japanese scientists"? OK, who, precisely? When, precisely? And why, if they failed, does that lead to the idea that NOBODY modern could do it? Why should we accept your expertise?

I have no idea if the wet sand theory is correct. It's one of many theories put forth over the years. Unless you are a rabid supporter of levitation or alien technology, I don't think it much matters. There's nothing all that magical about moving heavy stones. It was done all over the world in ancient times.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

I still believe that what Edward Leedskalnin built (Coral Castle) and saying that he knew the secret to how they built the pyramids seems more likely. He claims that gravity is a form of magnetism and he somehow figured out a way to make stones appear much lighter while moving them. Wet sand does not explain how they moved these massive stones into place.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I want to see this applied.. Still doesn't explain how they stacked them and had it built in a 20 year time frame. I saw hemp rope used and it just stretches until it breaks..

I don't know how it was done but I'm going with fail on the scientists explanation..

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Somewhat surprised that it seems everyone pretty much just ignored that video. The guy was able to move some quite large stones just by himself without any special technology. He's building a stonehenge type structure, but I can't think of any reason why this couldn't apply to moving any stones.

Also, when you have slaves and not much else to do, things tend to get built faster. So as far as people saying you would have to move X blocks every X minutes...I don't see why that would be an issue. It's not like they wanted to hurry up so they could go post on facebook or play video games. Wasn't very much to do, I would think working would at least pass the time.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
This may explain how they got the rock from the quarry to the building site, it doesn't explain how they stacked them so high though. I don't see how they could have lifted one of those rocks 480 feet to top off the pyramid.

I've seen the theory where they built a giant ramp to the top but I don't think that's a very good theory personally.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Interesting. S&
....Decided to look up info about desertification in Egypt - the pyramids were supposedly built about 4500 years ago and the area was apparently desert 5500 years ago. But what if the dates are off? What if the region was verdant and fertile when the pyramids were built?

The changing climate first attracted people to the Sahara as rainfall increased abruptly throughout the region beginning about 10,500 years ago (8,500 BC) at the end of the Younger Dryas (See Abrupt Climate Change). Then increasing drought drove them southward into the modern Sahel as the rains became less frequent beginning about 7,200 years ago. By 5,500 years ago (3,500 BC) the Sahara had returned to full desert conditions. It appears that many who left the Sahara settled in the Nile valley about 5,500 years ago, setting the stage for the First Dynasty starting with the reign of King Narmer in 3,000 BC (5,000 years ago).

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
it's quite obvious they used some form of Forearm Forklift.

PRODUCT OVERVIEW

The Forearm Forklift 9 ft. 4 in. long x 3 in Moving Straps provide optimal stability and help improve mobility with heavy or awkward cargo when moving. It is rated for items weighing up to 700 lbs. (318kg.).

Lets you move items more effectively
Helps prevent lifting injuries
Used to lift appliances and furniture with ease
Adjustable straps
Rated for items weighing up to 700 lbs.
Adjustable lifting straps

www.amazon.com...
edit on 1-5-2014 by HawkeyeNation because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
but .. after all this time of many experts being elluded as to exactly how this could be possible ... just because at some point, someone points out a way that 'could', perhaps, achieve a similar result, doesn't actually prove or guarentee that yhis is how it was done .. it merely shows they think it is possibly, maybe, how it could have been achieved ...

we pretty much been told to accept it was sheer slave grafting that moved teh stones with log rollers or whatever .. and now cos someone realised there may have been a simpler way, we have to suddenly just accept and believe that ...

perhaps ill stay on the fence .. and see what the next expert theory is ...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Yusomad

What's wrong with you?

Sycamore, Lotus, Mulberry, Palm, Euphorbiaceae (African Oak) are just a few indigenous trees to Egypt.However that isn't the point. Egypt was a nation that traded HEAVILY with neighboring countries. One of their biggest imports was timber as most of the trees of ancient Egypt were not suitable for construction. They had access to Cedars, Pine, Oak. If you can name a tree in the middle east, Europe or Africa, Egypt had access to it.

it seems you propped up your ideas on a very shaky foundation...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Yusomad

It seems you are the one who isn't educated on the subject. You don't even know Egypt was a country that traded for lumber...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This is assuming the Egyptians built them in the first place. These pyramids are older than the Egyptians. The art work depicting them building the Pyramids are probably theories!

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
when I see someone today move a single 1,200 ton stone several miles, will I ever believe that it was done by ancient man with crude tools, levers, pulleys, water, grease, sleds, etc....until then, I will believe in the obvious, that these stones were moved by a method unknown to us as of now. the transportation of the massive weight, coupled with the massive size, cannot be demonstrated by scaled down models. there are simply too many variables that would come into play.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: HooHaa
I want to see this applied.. Still doesn't explain how they stacked them and had it built in a 20 year time frame. I saw hemp rope used and it just stretches until it breaks..

I don't know how it was done but I'm going with fail on the scientists explanation..
The video I posted showed a single man lifting a 10 ton block all by himself with not even one other person helping him, using nothing but sticks and stones. They had thousands of workers so it would have gone thousands of times faster.

The rope solution is simple, if one rope isn't strong enough, use more ropes. The illustration in the OP shows at least 4 ropes and for all we know that's only a partial view. They might have had more ropes and more people but they only had limited space for the drawing.

originally posted by: Pimpish
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Somewhat surprised that it seems everyone pretty much just ignored that video. The guy was able to move some quite large stones just by himself without any special technology. He's building a stonehenge type structure, but I can't think of any reason why this couldn't apply to moving any stones.
Thanks, well I'm glad at least one person watched the video.

It's hard to watch that and then say the pyramids could only have been built with advanced technology or the help of aliens. I think that video blows that idea out of the water, but I think some people cherish their mystical beliefs so much, maybe they don't want to know the truth?

a reply to: soficrow
If you're worried about explaining erosion on the sphinx it matters, but if you're wondering where they would get water in the desert, the nile river is not far from the pyramids and I'm not aware of it going dry, in fact it flooded a lot.
edit on 1-5-2014 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Has any archeologists found left over tools, improperly cut stones, sleds, slave skeletons, or anything else that was used in building the pyramids? A project that huge would have left some remnants behind wouldn't it? It seems as if they just "appeared" where they are.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Yes here's a source about that:

Giza Village

Analysis of skeletal remains shows the average age at death was between 30 and 35 years. Bones of both men and women show evidence of heavy labor. Degenerative arthritis occurred in the vertebral column, particularly in the lumbar region, and in the knees.
It also talks about a large infrastructure to support the workers, like discovery of a sewage system, evidence of bakeries to feed them, etc.
edit on 1-5-2014 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join