It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Discovered Egyptian Secret To Moving Huge Pyramid Stones

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
But... Aliens

ps: sorry couldn't resist

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: HooHaa
I want to see this applied.. Still doesn't explain how they stacked them and had it built in a 20 year time frame. I saw hemp rope used and it just stretches until it breaks..
I ran across this picture from 1915 showing rope being used on a pretty large stone and thought you might find it interesting, since it doesn't seem broken.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: moebius

that's a good one! personally I bet the Giza pyramids were built over night. or at least very quickly in our terms.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Mystery solved. Case closed.

Still doesn't explain how they managed to cut them so precisely or how they slid them up the giant ramps. Add a 15% grade and how much more water and men do you need?

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yusomad

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

originally posted by: Yusomad
So they have discovered how they managed to do something impossible to modern man.

Why is it impossible for us to do it??

Im not here to educate you, or anyone.
There was a group of japanese scientists that tried to build a puny pyramid in the 80s-90s, they failed miserably.
Should you not have an inkling about the thread topic before you post in it?

Humans can certainly build pyramids today - it is just a matter of money, as with most things.

Perhaps we can't build them using het same techniques as the Egyptians used, because those techniques have been forgotten.....but that's not the same thing.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
That would have to be some strong wood to haul rock of that size. I worked on a strip mines and seeing that will make you laugh at these theories that they keep coming up with. To cut a stone with mathematical precision on all sides, then move it many miles, then stack it with mind-boggling precision, - is just incredible. Not to mention that they didn't have very good tools. I think this theory is complete BS. Lets see some demonstrations, and NOT with 250 pound stones and modern tools.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Pyramids were built by atlantean empire some 12 000 BC using anti gravitational technology which is today almost possible (possible for light objects).
In old egyptian scripts, egyptians say that when they first came to egypt, they saw the pyramids there and just named them through their history after their great pharaohs.
Pyramids were power plants using big crystal on top (later stolen and replaced by stone point), and were precise calenders and star observatories perfectly aligned with Orion belt.
Three submerged pyramids form a triangle in bermuda triangle and are reason for reality warping there.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: svartalfar

Source those texts...which museum are they in?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
There are so many theories that this will only be answered when we built a time machine and see how they did it.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Unfortunately if there is no hard evidence it will remain a mystery what were the building technologies at that time.
Maybe only Edward Leedskalnin /The Coral Castle creator/ knew this but he took his secrets to the grave.
There are so many mysteries that I want to be revealed before I die or maybe I will get the answers on the "other side".

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: iasenko
Unfortunately if there is no hard evidence it will remain a mystery what were the building technologies at that time.
Maybe only Edward Leedskalnin /The Coral Castle creator/ knew this but he took his secrets to the grave.
There is hard evidence in the form of pictures of how Leedskalnin lifted stones using a block and tackle attached to a tripod, which you will find if you look earlier in this thread. If he took any secrets to the grave, how he lifted the stones doesn't appear to be one of them. The one secret of his I don't know the answer to was exactly why he built Coral Castle and exactly what it meant to him, but from photos, I have a pretty good idea how he built it.

That's not how the pyramid stones were lifted because they didn't have a block and tackle, but Wally Wallington lifted a 10 ton stone a meter off the ground all by himself just using sticks, stones and gravity and his method is probably closer to how the pyramids were built than Leedskalnin's methods. He says he knows how many men he would need to build a pyramid and that is also posted earlier in the thread, as are videos of his methods.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

You are right. I haven't checked through the whole thread. It's an interesting read and it needs some more time to go through. Thank you

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace
they haven't figured out how they made the crystal skulls either, we don't even have the technology today to make one of those.

Crystal Skulls - Bad Archaeology

As for the Pyramids etc. I recommend Ancient Aliens Debunked.
Click here for the portion covering the Pyramids.

I don't know why I can't get the video embedded. Sorry about that.

The Pyramids, Baalbek, and other megalithic sites are indeed marvels of engineering, but not impossible for man to build.
edit on 7-5-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: embedding issues

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: NONPOINT21
They had to have had a technology that we either have yet to discover or won't divulge to johnny believe anything public.

Johnny believe anything public indeed. Look at my previous post, or half the other logical theories people have presented here.
edit on 7-5-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I am still waiting on you to source the texts you claim exist....

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

And you will wait, because I read some article a couple months ago that "quotes" these texts, and of course I can't find them.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

It's because they don't exist.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: svartalfar
a reply to: raymundoko

And you will wait, because I read some article a couple months ago that "quotes" these texts, and of course I can't find them.
Yes you may have read an article saying that, but that doesn't make the article true. There are lots of writings about the pyramids being much older than egyptologists say, and this show was about archeologist Mark Lehner who thought the pyramids were that old, and he tried to prove it:

How do we know how old the pyramids are?

Now at Giza, I should tell people how this has come down to me personally. Because I actually went over there with my own notions of lost civilizations, older civilizations from Edgar Cayce.
But he searched for evidence of older civilizations and in this case it seems absence of evidence is evidence of absence in his opinion:

in looking for our carbon-14 samples, climbing in the pyramids you find the same material embedded in the very fabric of the pyramids, in the mortar bonding the stones together. So back to the question, is there an earlier civilization? Well, as I say to New Age critics, show me one pot shard of that earlier civilization. Because the only way they could have existed is if they actually got out with whisk brooms, scoop shovels and little spoons and cleared out every single trace of their daily lives, their utensils, their pottery, their wood, their tools and so on, and that's just totally improbable. Well, it's not impossible, but it has a very, very low level of probability, that there was an older civilization there.
Interestingly his 1984 carbon dating of organic material found in the mortar did show the pyramids might be slightly older, like a few hundred years, but I suppose it's also possible that there could have been a waste pile a few hundred years old which they used in their mortar, plus the accuracy of the test only gives a general ballpark figure, it's not accurate to a specific year due to all the variables.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Very cool. Always love learning about stuff from that time period.

Thank you!

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Hmm Thinking !

Mystery of Death Valley's 'Sailing Stones' Solved
Aug 28, 2014, 11:03 AM ET

abcnews.go.com...

They discovered that the very thin ice that trapped the rocks during winter melted in the midday sun, and then the ice and water and rocks were all blown by wind, making it seem as if the stones moved by themselves. "In contrast with previous hypotheses of powerful winds or thick ice floating rocks off the playa surface, the process of rock movement that we have observed occurs when the thin, three to six [millimeter], “windowpane” ice sheet covering the playa pool begins to melt in late morning sun and breaks up under light winds of (about four to five meters per second)," they wrote.

Well lets just Say, that The Giza Pyramids & Spinx are around 12,000 years Old from Indulgent

Around the Time of last ENDING of the Ice Ace.. Or Pre Ice Age ...

Weather is Cold Icy Wet.. During the Winter months and around before the start of Spring Ice Is still thinning extreme pouring water on Trails of Ice Helping moving the Mammoth Stones ! Sliding it all along the Cool HARD Surface aka like Perma Frost in Spring ! This Would open Doors to alot of Unexplained ! Like the Erosion of The of the base around the Spinx .. ? yeah just a wild thought I know
... Conjecture Assumption etc... Yada Yada !

Theory's

Unraveling the Age of the Pyramids and Sphinx on the Giza Plateau
www.theufochronicles.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join