It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why The Ukraine Situation may be about to Explode

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Much ado has been made about the petrodollar. In conspiracy circles, I've seen it lauded as the holy grail to the reasoning behind the last decade or so of U.S. foreign policy, a policy that seems insane until you look at it in the light of the petrodollar. Right now, the argument is over the Ukraine, and that may be where the powder keg finally explodes.

The reason why is simple: the BRICS (along with a few other nations like Iran), primarily led by China and Russia, may be about to blow the petrodollar.

Russia is in talks to trade Russian hydroelectricity for Iranian oil. As you can see from the article, the U.S. government is not happy about it. At all.

If you read on down, we find little treasure troves of information like this:

Rosneft has recently signed a series of big contracts for oil exports to China and is close to signing a "jumbo deal" with Indian companies. In both deals, there are no US dollars involved. Reuters reports, that Russia is close to entering a goods-for-oil swap transaction with Iran that will give Rosneft around 500,000 barrels of Iranian oil per day to sell in the global market.

This means that there's already many different deals in the works and already running, none of them involving the dollar.

The title of the next article says it all: Petrodollar Alert: Putin Prepares To Announce "Holy Grail" Gas Deal With China

Russia is preparing the announcement of the "Holy Grail" energy deal with none other than China, a move which would send geopolitical shockwaves around the world and bind the two nations in a commodity-backed axis. One which, as some especially on these pages, have suggested would lay the groundwork for a new joint, commodity-backed reserve currency that bypasses the dollar

The above is from the article, and it says quite a bit about it. It's been called the Holy Grail because it's a huge deal, namely that Russia depends so much on exports of energy that it needs the EU as much as the EU needs it. The new gas deal, while not fully realized until 2018 according to the article, looks as though it would be a huge blow to that need. The nearness of this contract also explains why the Gazprom threat to shut off gas supplies to the Ukraine, and thus the rest of Europe, is being said so loudly and it looks like they mean business.

Now, this gas deal has been in the works for 10 years, and it's been close many times it seems, but I've seen several places where the Ukraine crisis and the sanctions by the EU and the U.S. have forced Russia to bend a bit more to Chinese price demands and turned Russia east.

It looks as though the Russia/China gas deal is on as they've drawn up a contract.

link to article

If Russia's accusations are to be believed, and this is one set that I'm inclined to believe, then the U.S. helped set off the ousting of Yakunovich and is directly controlling many things in the Kiev interim government, including the date of the new elections at the end of May. These elections are very likely from the polls I've seen to bring in a Western leaning government. I do not believe in coincidences on the world stage, and I would say that it's mightily interesting that the Putin's visit to China, where he's expected to sign this gas deal, also happens to be in late May.

No, the petrodollar isn't going to die overnight, but I've seen this gas deal described as the bell weather tolling the official end of the petrodollar's reign on the world stage. We're talking about a decline that could destroy the U.S. economy, and I'm starting to get very, very nervous that this Ukraine situation could be the first theater in a much larger battle.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I don't think it really matters what the West do, the only way they will stop Russia is by all out war.. The sad thing is innocent people are going to be caught right in the middle of it. When you put Russia, Iran and China in the same sentence, it is a really scary scenario.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Russia and NATO countries are allies. The "Ukranian crisis" is a simulation.
Proof of their alliance:
en.ria.ru...
edit on 1-5-2014 by john666 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AnIntellectualRedneck

Could be. I always remember the quote "The first casualty when war comes is truth", and I take all things with a grain of salt. But there is certainly a narrative that the US is behind the uprisings in Ukraine and Syria, and that coupled with the so called "Asia pivot" The advent of a unified BRICS opposition seems likely.

My concern is with the USA itself. This article:
en.wikipedia.org...
Terrifies me. I see this, about what Americans do:

farming, forestry, and fishing: (fundamentals of life) 0.7%
manufacturing, extraction, transportation, and crafts: (fundamentals of civilized life) 20%
managerial, professional, and technical[disambiguation needed]: 37%
sales and office: 24%
other services: 18% (2009)

So the managerial (37%) and office (24%)! and other (18%) need to be separated in the article, to hide the fact that America now produces almost nothing tangible, except for people sitting behind desk, engaged in fictitious financial services and pencil pushing. All the manufacturing jobs have gone to China. We no longer control the means of production of our own lives, everything we buy is made in China. And we're supposed to be projecting force to Asia? I suppose we could send them angry invoices for financial services, but then again they could cut off everything we buy and rely on.

That's what it all comes down to for me. I don't think Russia's government is great, I don't think China's government is great, I think the spirit of the American people is great. But I see a power structure here in the US - including government - that has become so divorced from the spirit of the American people, and so delusional, that its in serious danger from the sort of changes you talk about. So yeah, probably some challenging times ahead.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: tridentblue

Could be. I always remember the quote "The first casualty when war comes is truth", and I take all things with a grain of salt. But there is certainly a narrative that the US is behind the uprisings in Ukraine and Syria, and that coupled with the so called "Asia pivot" The advent of a unified BRICS opposition seems likely.

en.wikipedia.org...
Terrifies me. I see this, about what Americans do:

farming, forestry, and fishing: (fundamentals of life) 0.7%
manufacturing, extraction, transportation, and crafts: (fundamentals of civilized life) 20%
managerial, professional, and technical[disambiguation needed]: 37%
sales and office: 24%
other services: 18% (2009)

So the managerial (37%) and office (24%)! and other (18%) need to be separated in the article, to hide the fact that America now produces almost nothing tangible, except for people sitting behind desk, engaged in fictitious financial services and pencil pushing. All the manufacturing jobs have gone to China. We no longer control the means of production of our own lives, everything we buy is made in China. And we're supposed to be projecting force to Asia? I suppose we could send them angry invoices for financial services, but then again they could cut off everything we buy and rely on.

That's what it all comes down to for me. I don't think Russia's government is great, I don't think China's government is great, I think the spirit of the American people is great. But I see a power structure here in the US - including government - that has become so divorced from the spirit of the American people, and so delusional, that its in serious danger from the sort of changes you talk about. So yeah, probably some challenging times ahead.

America would have never have allowed itself to be dependent on China in such degree(economical), if China was not part of NWO.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: tridentblue

I like the quote "Every war begins with a lie" and I can see the same happening in Ukraine.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
If ever there was a time for north america to stand up to our 'leaders"......
I am sick and tired of the general, what can ya do attitude of people I seem to keep running into. The only thing we can do is STOP them!

Mini rant over.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: john666
Proof of their alliance:
en.ria.ru...

That article is dated September of 2013. A LOT has happened in the time inbetween and Russia is now the target of extensive sanctions which, if one can believe the economists, is helping along a recession within the Russian Federation.

If that's allies..then it's between individual men. not between nations. since the little people aren't going to see anything but a shaft and a half from this whole thing if it turns to shooting.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000

Proof of their alliance:
en.ria.ru...

That article is dated September of 2013. A LOT has happened in the time inbetween and Russia is now the target of extensive sanctions which, if one can believe the economists, is helping along a recession within the Russian Federation.

If that's allies..then it's between individual men. not between nations. since the little people aren't going to see anything but a shaft and a half from this whole thing if it turns to shooting.

I am from Europe.
This situation is not going to turn to shooting. This whole circus that is happening right now, is happening because PTB want to make the move towards federalization of Ukraine - which is going to happen soon - into something "credible".

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   

America would have never have allowed itself to be dependent on China in such degree(economical), if China was not part of NWO.

Very likely. I still remember the "Battle in Seattle" in 99. What's hitting in a hard way is the fact that Mr Clinton's assurances that this was good for America are ringing pretty darn hollow now. The ideals of economic globalism now strike me as a front for something else, something much more transformative, that requires the collapse of American capitalism in its current form. That's pretty big news to the average working Joe like me.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: john666

Well... I hope you're right. I wish I hadn't heard and/or read those very same statements made before other shooting started, in other conflicts in the past.

It's the belief war cannot happen, which seems to often insure that is how events will turn.

That's my opinion though, based on little more than 40 some odd years kicking around this country and being a student of history as a real serious hobby.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Very likely. I still remember the "Battle in Seattle" in 99. What's hitting in a hard way is the fact that Mr Clinton's assurances that this was good for America are ringing pretty darn hollow now. The ideals of economic globalism now strike me as a front for something else, something much more transformative, that requires the collapse of American capitalism in its current form. That's pretty big news to the average working Joe like me.

Russia is also part of NWO.
YOU see, about one third of oil and gas supplies, that EU consumes, comes from Russia.
If Russia and EU("the West"), were enemies, the EU would never have allowed itself to be so dependent on Russia's oil and gas supplies.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000

Well... I hope you're right. I wish I hadn't heard and/or read those very same statements made before other shooting started, in other conflicts in the past.

It's the belief war cannot happen, which seems to often insure that is how events will turn.

That's my opinion though, based on little more than 40 some odd years kicking around this country and being a student of history as a real serious hobby.

You should hope that I am wrong not that I am right. Namely if I am right, that would mean that Putin is not going to save us like most people think he will !

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   

YOU see, about one third of oil and gas supplies, that EU consumes, comes from Russia.
If Russia and EU("the West"), were enemies, the EU would never have allowed itself to be so dependent on Russia's oil and gas supplies.

Except that economic growth means much more than security to neoliberal countries. If you want to see a country that realizes its economic growth is built on pillars of clay, then look at the American police state that is evolving to enslave its own population through fear when their transnational corporations, having already taken production out of the USA, leave the USA altogether.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vovin

Except that economic growth means much more than security to neoliberal countries. If you want to see a country that realizes its economic growth is built on pillars of clay, then look at the American police state that is evolving to enslave its own population through fear when their transnational corporations, having already taken production out of the USA, leave the USA altogether.

As I said, the fact that the so called "enemies", are cooperating so intensely in the economic field, says to me that the elites of all major countries are "in it together".

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Putin is absolutely no savior in my eyes. He's a different flavor of doom and gloom, but he's no breath of fresh air. In fact, he's a bit musty. Smells of the 80's he grew to the upper ranks of the KGB in. Indeed...he still walks with the habits of a man carrying a gun for years. Either trained or just burned in.

Now I'm no particular friend at all of what runs our nation at the moment either, but there is never a question as to which side my loyalty is. Even if I go the route of an Expat someday...America isn't where I'm from, it's what I am...and not this 'anything goes' version we see today, but what it's been most of it's history. A very different thing, however we each viewed it.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

OK then. Glad to see that you are not one of those many Putin asslickers.
As far as America is concerned, the only way you Americans can save yourself from NWO is through BLOODSHED!

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I predict that very soon Poroschenko will announce that federalization is the answer to Ukraine's "eastern problem".

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   

I have nothing to add OP except star and flag

extremely well explained and backed up

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   

John

you are wrong that Russia is part of NWO

there are no ChemTrails over Russia, no GMO corn grown in Russia,

NO DEBT IN RUSSIA, other than legitimate bond buying by few foreign countries