It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Men Lacking Virility and Drive?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Gallowglaich

Cool story bro.

Surely you'll excuse the lack of a proper second line.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
OP this is why serial killers are only a product of the West! It's Western decadence.

Serial killing in the west is highlighted because of it's rarity. I'm sure African, Middle Eastern and parts of Eastern Europe are much more violent than the decadent west.

I forgot to mention S America. A very violent place, where murdering people can be 2nd nature.
edit on 1-5-2014 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gallowglaich

originally posted by: Domo1
OP this is why serial killers are only a product of the West! It's Western decadence.

I agree.

Serial murders are only a product of the decadent west. I'm glad you agree. You've obviously read the same things I have!

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   

I am more of a man than you will ever meet in your life. If you looked upon me in person, and spoke with me, you would be in awe, and you would talk to me with the utmost respect.

I very much doubt it. If you speak with the same arrogance as you displayed with this post. You sound like a legend in your own mind.

(post by Gallowglaich removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Hahaha!

Well one outta three ain't so bad. I do have long hair.

(Swing and a miss)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

To return to a main theme of mine in assessing and interpreting social and individual pathologies . . .

The issue of some in the same family being opposite to others . . . has to do, imho, with:

1. individual genetic personal psychologies and personalities.
2. Therefrom, their RESPONSES to inadequate, dysfunctional parenting.

3. in some cases, the father bonded more with some than with others for a variety of reasons.

The bulk--imho, the VAST BULK of the ROOT problem [other than spiritual] is: . . . drum roll . . .

= = = =

DR BRUCE PERRY’S CHILD TRAUMA ACADEMY:

childtrauma.org...

IMPACT OF ABUSE AND NEGLECT ON THE DEVELOPING BRAIN:

www.attachmentdisorder.net...

ATTACHMENT: THE FIRST CORE STRENGTH:

teacher.scholastic.com...

BONDING AND ATTACHMENT IN MALTREATED CHILDREN: BRUCE PERRY

childrenneedfamilies.blogspot.com...

REACTIVE ATTACHMENT DISORDER FOR EDUCATORS:

artweidman.wordpress.com...

WIKIPEDIA:
en.wikipedia.org...

DIRECTORY OF SITES:

www.radkid.org...

ATTACHMENT DISORDER IN ADULTS:

www.buzzle.com...

BEHAVIOR MANAGEMENT TRAINING FOR THE TREATMENT OF REACTIVE ATTACHMENT DISORDER:

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

BEST AUTHOR ON TOPIC:

BONDING AND ATTACHMENT IN MALTREATED CHILDREN: HOW CAN YOU HELP: DR BRUCE PERRY

teacher.scholastic.com...

BO X ATS ATTACHMENT DISORDER THREAD LINK:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

= = = =

Some men handle attachment disorder more productively--IN TERMS OF WORK--than others. Nevertheless, their relationships are still likely to be at least somewhat at risk, if not significantly dysfunctional.

SOME learn to overcome the relationship stuff successfully by doing the opposite of what their parents modeled.

In short, the oligarchy has shredded men and fathering very successfully. Individuals, society, the culture will be reaping the whirlwind from the wind sown for years to come.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
From what I have seen just in the lawncare industry is a downward trend with many young people(not all), early 20's to about 30.
They constantly show up late and miss many days for no reason and their work ethic is horrible. They get paid and then don't show up for a day or two. Some of these guys have kids also, not sure how they are supporting families.
It amazes me how many get sh1t canned until I can find a reliable worker who is honest.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
what's wrong with relaxing on our achievements as a species?

also having a bit of self awareness will do that to you, when you realize it's all over forever after this,
not much i see worthy of conquest beyond taking the time to enjoy it while it's here

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gallowglaich
This is the kind of response I would expect from either a woman, or a homosexual/metrosexual. For you, this modern comfort of living and languid existence is a supposedly "good thing", because it makes you feel more important and "powerful", being able to sit at a desk and perform menial tasks and get paid exhorbitant amounts of money. It used to be, work entailed a little physical exertion and hardihood. Not so anymore.

You attack my claims which can be easily googled and referenced whilst making completely unfounded and stupid claims about other people.

I've worked hard jobs, I've worked easy jobs, no I've never had the black lung from working in a coal mine, but I did actually used to live in a single room with my entire family.

So be happy, this modern society is perfectly suited to your unexceptional skills.

Actually I think I would be doing better if I could have been born many decades ago, but you know, continue to fill in the blanks instead of actually asking.

Also, never post misinformation and outright lies in my thread. If you don't have a source for your claims of men in history "wearing pink" and behaving like modern metrosexuals, I can only assume you are a brazen liar and an unwelcome guest in my thread.

You could look it up yourself. Further to this, pink was perceived differently by ancient civilizations probably due to dye being expensive. It was also a brief British fad for gentlemen to dye their hair pink waaaaaaaaay before you or I were born. (Unless you're a vampire) Either show me where I have been injected with propaganda and I will change my mind, or quit with the insults.

As for metrosexuals, that's not what I said is it? I did not say, men used to behave like metrosexuals but ... I can back up several civilizations having men who wore make up, the Egyptians being the most obvious.

What pains me about your posts is you're completely uninterested in any actual learning or even teaching. You're just wanting to sit on your soap box. So I didn't reference my sources about make up? I haven't seen a reference in any of your posts which leads me to believe you're talking about reality in any meaningful way. Please at least entertain the idea that you have access to a lot of data (the internet) and that you might have some bias about everyone from several decades ago doing hard jobs, coming up with original ideas, and having ambition.

It's the problem with having so much data these days, you can back up just about any opinion regardless of how stupid. The fact of the matter is a lot of our gender attitudes stretch back all the way to the ancient Romans who thought make up was effeminate also. Do you want to be Roman?

At least entertain that the world has changed. The challenges are new and different. I come to these threads because I hope one day someone will say something that will freaking blow my mind and be so totally awesome it will change my life. I've had a few glimmers but not much hope.

I'll come a little bit forward and say, yes, a lot of wealthy nations are becoming nations of administrators rather than creators of products or the like. This would be an interesting conversation point! It may even be constructive, but this gross generalizing and complaining about LGBT shills is utterly useless.

Sidenote: In other news, industrialization seems really romanticized in your posts, but that wasn't particularly natural either.
edit on 1-5-2014 by Pinke because: Sidenote

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

It seems that so many young men these days have mostly resigned themselves to just indulging in the latest hedonistic trends: partying, drug-use, promiscuity, listening to banal pop music, lacking any true conviction, and preferring to live their lives in pursuit of selfish pleasures. I see a lack of real ambition, I see fear of committing to a greater cause.

Right, people said that about Mods and rockers fighting on Brighton beach in the 60s, hippies at Woodstock getting free love in the 60's, punks wearing outrageous anti establishment clothing in the 1970s, Ravers in the 80s and 90's dancing to Acid House music. All youth culture gets attacked by the older generation. You've just joined a long list of moaning old farts. Congratulations.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr

. . .

You've just joined a long list of moaning old farts. Congratulations.

Uhhhhhhhhhh . . . not so fast Sherlock . . .

WHEN in

ALL OF RECORDED HISTORY

have you EVER found significant evidence for

ANY CULTURE . . . or more accurately . . . any culture's, nations, society's

purported "leaders"

DELIBERATELY

shredding their culture/nation/society down to chaos, ashes, destruction

as has been underway with our culture for the last 60+ years . . . some say a few hundred years . . .

as the oligarchy has deliberately worked tirelessly and at multiple levels and on multiple fronts . . .

to:

1. create a globalist one world government and one world religion

2. DESTROY UTTERLY THE OLD ORDER

to enable faster more complete erection ON THE ASHES OF THE OLD

the NWO?

I cannot think of a single case in all of recorded history.

This business of castrating, neutering, passifying, dysfunctionalizing, shredding

the heart, soul and essence of

real productive, integrative, (leadership-oriented), (fiercely-naturally-protective), sheltering, (masculine-flavored-nurturing), (responsibly-providing) masculinity and men

. . . the OP observed neutered masculinity is merely a VERY KEY PART of that overall plan.

Ignoring that underlying root set of issues is either evidence of being poorly informed;

lack of critical thinking skills and/or thoughtful pondering;

willful ignorance;

. . . or something else seriously clueless.

imho.

edit on 1/5/2014 by BO XIAN because: plural

edit on 1/5/2014 by BO XIAN because: clarity

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr

It seems that so many young men these days have mostly resigned themselves to just indulging in the latest hedonistic trends: partying, drug-use, promiscuity, listening to banal pop music, lacking any true conviction, and preferring to live their lives in pursuit of selfish pleasures. I see a lack of real ambition, I see fear of committing to a greater cause.

Right, people said that about Mods and rockers fighting on Brighton beach in the 60s, hippies at Woodstock getting free love in the 60's, punks wearing outrageous anti establishment clothing in the 1970s, Ravers in the 80s and 90's dancing to Acid House music. All youth culture gets attacked by the older generation. You've just joined a long list of moaning old farts. Congratulations.

At least punks were tough fighters, fearsome and respected in their own way. Men today are pathetic little children, sissies and cowards that can barely stand on their own two feet, let alone really be worthy of being called a man at all.

I bet most of you here have never even been in a real fist-fight before. The degeneracy and effeminate behavior of males today is sickening. Men were born to be providers, warriors, and role-models, not Justin Bieber and Screamo fans who whine about their emotional problems and treat girls like friends and equals, rather than female counterparts.

edit on 1-5-2014 by Gallowglaich because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   

So your definition of being a man is being in a real fist fight?
Mine is a person who loves and protects his family treats others with respect and to know how to avoid situations which involve violence, to be wise and use words not fists.
Oh and I have been in plenty of fist fights...makes me a bit stupid looking back...not manly at all.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I avoided fist fights at all costs as a youngster. I'm a good looking guy, I didn't want that put in jeopardy by getting smacked or glassed in the face by some numpty.

So you want the youngsters knocking 7 bells out of each other instead of getting along. There's plenty of places where violence is rife in certain cities across the UK and US although neither match Central and South America for sheer brutality of violence. I guess that's the standard your aiming for.

Just because you didn't know how to enjoy your youth, doesn't mean you have to take away the younger generations opportunity to enjoy theirs.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Ha!

Funny you say that about punk rockers...

I have been into punk ever since I first heard Black Flag. See, the point I'm making is don't insult people you don't know. Especially when you have literally no clue as to what type of individual they are.

Fist fights? Child's play.

Ever been stabbed?

Ever been hospitalized for your shoes?

Yeah, no, I don't condone any violence now that I'm a grown ass man but back in the day fighting is what we did.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
WHEN in

ALL OF RECORDED HISTORY

have you EVER found significant evidence for

ANY CULTURE . . . or more accurately . . . any culture's, nations, society's

purported "leaders"

DELIBERATELY

shredding their culture/nation/society down to chaos, ashes, destruction

as has been underway with our culture for the last 60+ years . . . some say a few hundred years . . .

as the oligarchy has deliberately worked tirelessly and at multiple levels and on multiple fronts . . .

to:

1. create a globalist one world government and one world religion

See Christianity vs Polytheism around 30AD to 400AD
See Islam vs Christianity
See Christianity vs Christianity
See Rome vs Albia / Celts (gender wasn't as big a deal for Celts till the Romans showed up)

2. DESTROY UTTERLY THE OLD ORDER

See above.

I cannot think of a single case in all of recorded history.

I think it's a persistent fear that there are forces at work to destroy the status quo, and I don't think this is anything new. There often are forces at work but they rarely get anywhere. There's a reason the first record women's protest was around 2000 years ago but nothing really happened about it till the last century.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

I suppose it depends largely on what you mean by virility. Judging by the number of very young mothers dotted about, here in the UK at least, it seems as if virility in the biological sense is not a problem.

I think the problem may be deeper than anyone is willing to admit. I was bought up to be respectful of others, mindful of my own behavior, inquisitive about the universe around me, both in a local sense, and in a wider way, and made aware early on that actions have consequences, a theme which applies to physics as much as it does to right and wrong, law and order, justice, and the like.

I was also told, though I believe increasingly that I was instructed falsely, that life is what you make of it. However, I was bought up by old fashioned people, using old fashioned thinking. I would never say that I was not bought up well, despite the destitution of our circumstances during my formative years, but I would say that I was not bought up with the future in mind, but the past.

That is why, despite being just 29 years of age, I see the way that some of my nations young men act toward others, and despair. However, life is NOT what you make of it these days, not unless you happen to be fantastically lucky in one regard or another. I was bought up to value hard work, and despite having spent ten years trying to help bring a family business into both profit and stability, even I, with my antiquated ways, and a work ethic that would terrify a railway worker from the 1800s, have seen little benefit from all my toil.

I toil anyway, despite the fact that everything I hear in the news, and every revelation about the way the world has secretly worked, which I have been exposed to in my researches, points to one significant truth. That being, that my every endeavour may well be for nothing, that everything I do has no value, because work is worth money, and money as we know it has no value and no backing.

Now, I will grant you, many of the youth of today do not consciously observe these facts, but I am willing to bet that many have been exposed to their effects throughout society. It is their generation, and the generations which will come after them, who inherit the cost of the errors of todays power brokers, after all. Perhaps the niggling echo of a future which scares them, which bares no resemblance to that which they would hope for, has sapped their vim, their gusto. If it is so, then I can certainly understand why they might wish to spiral into oblivion with all possible haste.

There are, after all, days which see me awaken with little by way of hope, where the silver lining is not in evidence. Sometimes it is hard to know where one stands, what one is to do to better oneself, in a world where everything seems stacked against a positive outcome.

That is another thing which might play into this. This is the first generation for a long time, to have the fact that their nations leaders, law enforcement officials, military leaders, and religious figures cannot be trusted, made abundantly clear to them. Scandal comes thicker and faster, and from every angle these days, at a rate which outstrips any other period in history so far as I can make out. One could put that down to a hyperactive media, coupled with the speed of social networking. Whatever the factors which allow for it, the hypocrisy inherent in society has never been quite so obvious as it is now.

Again, these things affect people, even when the people in question remain ignorant of the details of the matters concerned. The fog of apathy that hangs over the world at this time affects all who dwell upon it, not just those who take an interest in the construction, origin, and endgame of that vaporous disease.

I think this new generations apparent lack of drive can be directly linked to the fact that there is little to inspire a persons faith in the future these days. Why invest in something, which appears to be a dead loss? God knows I have found myself thinking these things many times over the course of my youth, and into adult hood. Waking up in the morning and thinking "God... is this all there is to living a mortal life? Must the days run together so? Must every single day present yet more assaults on my hope for the future?", is not unfamiliar to me.

I am content to ride it out, keep working hard, and do it till my arms drop off if I have to, because if I do not, then no matter what happens in the future, I will not eat today. But I can understand people wanting to just party until they die from it, because despite my resolution to work hard as well as play hard, until the fires of damnation rise from the pit to claim us all, I see little point in doing so. Aside from keeping me clothed, fed and under a roof, it is simply something to pass the time, until the end of time itself.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

That was well-said, but unfortunately I think most of today's youth lack that sort of depth in their thinking.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
What makes people think I'm an old rambling codger? I could be young, what do you know?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join