It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Men Lacking Virility and Drive?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold

In many ways, I think the younger generation to be far better informed, and more tolerant.

When they're not murdering their teachers and classmates en masse in the cafeteria.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

There's a major difference between the boomers and the millienials... The boomers still had plenty of opportunity while the millienials are facing high debt, no job prospects and the first generation guaranteed to have no chance of doing better than their parents.

I can see why young people aren't applying themselves like in the past. What's the point? There may be opportunity for a few but in general they're screwed... By the generations before them.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Are you suggesting the younger generation are nothing but a bloodthirsty pack of psychopaths that murder indiscriminately?

Because that's kind of how it seems... if not I would advise you to edit your post as it certainly seems that is what you are inferring. If so, that has got to be one of the most ignorant things I have ever read.

Kallisti

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Removed by staff
edit on 6/4/2014 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat
Just pointing out that praising upcoming generations for their social maturity level may be a tad unwarranted.

Sorry you didn't like the snarky way I said it, but if I edited my posts every time I offended someone I'd be banned for consuming too much bandwidth (or whatever).

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
What's wrong with living in comfort and tolerance towards each other? Why such a scramble back to the dark ages? If that's what you want move to Saudi Arabia or some 3rd world crap hole and leave the rest of us to tolerate in comfort.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Gallowglaich

Wow!

Could you have posted a more bigoted response?

So what if a Guy wants to wear make up? So what if he wants to dress and/or behave in an effeminate manner? so what if anyone anywhere ever is a homosexual?

Do you honestly believe that those things have contributed to the current social/behavioral paradigm? If anything its the technology. I'm curious as to what you would prefer. I mean, what was the point of developing all that technology if we weren't going to use it to live comfortably? Would you have us as rock tossing luddites?

And your assertion that men dressing in pink and homosexuality are a modern phenomenon is simply laughable and no one in their right mind should need a link to disprove such "disinformation".

Kallisti

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
What's wrong with living in comfort and tolerance towards each other? Why such a scramble back to the dark ages? If that's what you want move to Saudi Arabia or some 3rd world crap hole and leave the rest of us to tolerate in comfort.

Needing to live in comfort is weakness... and poison to the soul, in the end.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Every generation thinks the same about the youth of today.
Just getting old OP
. (Don't worry I also see it but tend to forget what I was like when a kid).

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I think the problem is that the incentive to work hard and make something of yourself has been taken away. Hard work and determination no longer leads to prosperity, at least not always.

Sure there are people who were able to make it work and prosper on hard work and determination alone, but those people are becoming more rare as time goes on.

These days working hard and devoting yourself to your job, or trade only makes you easier to use and abuse. People work for years with little to no increase in wage, and little to no vacation time. All they can do is barely squeak by while wasting their life away, day in and day out, just to ensure a home for another month.

With this type of life being the norm, I am not surprised people tend to get a "screw it, might as well enjoy misery" attitude.

People are treated like mindless drones and they have zero control over most of their life. When people lose control over one aspect of their life, they have a tendency to exert control somewhere else, where they have the power to do so. This has turned in to a majority of people turning to what they are told they shouldn't do, and they do it as a "screw you" to the world.

Drugs, alcohol, parties, risky behavior and the like are all the things teenagers get involved in to rebel against their parent's control. What you are describing is the reaction to a society of people with as much control as a typical teenager.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

Wow!

Could you have posted a more bigoted response?

So what if a Guy wants to wear make up? So what if he wants to dress and/or behave in an effeminate manner? so what if anyone anywhere ever is a homosexual?

Do you honestly believe that those things have contributed to the current social/behavioral paradigm? If anything its the technology. I'm curious as to what you would prefer. I mean, what was the point of developing all that technology if we weren't going to use it to live comfortably? Would you have us as rock tossing luddites?

And your assertion that men dressing in pink and homosexuality are a modern phenomenon is simply laughable and no one in their right mind should need a link to disprove such "disinformation".

Kallisti

Show me historical proof of men "wearing pink" in the past. I will not tolerate some LGBT shill posting propaganda and falsehoods in my thread. You are an interloper, and unwelcome here.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Wow! Just because someone doesn't agree with you, that's no reason to accuse someone of being a shill.

This thread is very offensive.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   

So you are knowingly poisoning your own soul whilst lecturing others on the dangers of doing just that?

Hmmm... I think we have a word for that...

I'm guessing since living in comfort is "poison for the soul" you must be living in a log cabin you built with your bare hands, blood, sweat and tears (though I'm guessing you would be too manly to cry)?

Furthermore, how are you even on ATS? Surely computers and dare I say even electricity are certainly modern comforts or, as you please, poison of the soul?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Living in comfort is progress. People in 3rd world countries strive for the type of comfort we have in the west. If you don't like the comfort you have, you are free to give it up, or to give it to those who would appreciate the comfort more.

I'm sure there are billions who would enjoy the comfort of free flowing clean water. Instead of risking their lives daily by drinking dirty water.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

www.theatlantic.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

Pink for girls blue for boys has not been around for long.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
OP this is why serial killers are only a product of the West! It's Western decadence.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
OP this is why serial killers are only a product of the West! It's Western decadence.

I agree.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

So you are knowingly poisoning your own soul whilst lecturing others on the dangers of doing just that?

Hmmm... I think we have a word for that...

I'm guessing since living in comfort is "poison for the soul" you must be living in a log cabin you built with your bare hands, blood, sweat and tears (though I'm guessing you would be too manly to cry)?

Furthermore, how are you even on ATS? Surely computers and dare I say even electricity are certainly modern comforts or, as you please, poison of the soul?

I am more of a man than you will ever meet in your life. If you looked upon me in person, and spoke with me, you would be in awe, and you would talk to me with the utmost respect.
edit on 1-5-2014 by Gallowglaich because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-5-2014 by Gallowglaich because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago
a reply to: Bluesma

Perhaps but it will only take a single generation of war to wake them up. Real in your face war, not this attack tiny or weak nations stuff. I'm talking the war that comes home.

Possible. Those who lived through WW2 are just about all passed, and the memory dim... looking at history, that is usually when things start to get repeated.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   

imho,

You make EXCELLENT POINTS.

Ponderingly . . .

1. WHO benefits from such an ENGINEERED reality on the part of the bulk of such individuals in our current era?

2. HOW LONG have the very focused as well as diffuse FULL COURT PRESS efforts gone on TO PRODUCE SUCH A RESULT with men in our culture?

3. Has not PRECISELY such an utter breakdown and collapse of the culture and society been exactly the goal of such forces?

4. It seems to me that the PTB do NOT WANT assertive, toughened, thinking, motivated, resilient individuals--PARTICULARLY NOT MEN--who might DARE to hinder or threaten the tyrannical control of the serfs and slaves.

5. ONLY THE ELOI need apply . . . and their sole role and task is to shuffle off down into the caverns of deception to be dinner for the Morlachs . . . should their cog role in the vast machine become problematic to the least degree.

6. I don't see this changing until after Armageddon. Oh, it does appear to be the case that 20% of the population may be relatively immune to such social, psychological engineering efforts on the part of TPTB. However, the tyrants STILL HAVE SOOOOOOO MANY control mechanisms and schemes available to them that neutering that 20% may be relatively easy.

7. I certainly don't see any GREATLY SIGNIFICANT OR GREATLY EFFECTIVE movement or effort rising up to seriously threaten the tyranny--SHORT OF GOD'S ANGELIC SUPPORT of such efforts.

8. HE may well have a lot of plans and strategies to give the enemy LOTS of trouble. I'm convinced HE DOES. I just don't see even HIS script/plan calling for the wholesale overthrow of the tyranny until Armageddon.

9. NEVERTHELESS, FOR THOSE WHO WALK CLOSE TO GOD--CERTAINLY THEY will be called on to exercise decisive, sacrificial, STANDING TALL in the face of tyranny efforts--often to martyrdom. AND I EXPECT that future historical records will show great effective localized efforts won on the part of such SPIRITUALLY, EMOTIONALLY, PSYCHOLOGICALLY POTENT MEN.

10. And, I think some such are being toughened in the school of suffering and adversity right now. God knows far too few fathers are rearing such sons.

11. So, it appears that God Himself has taken over the task here and there with selected individual young men.

12. Yet their numbers are incredibly few, it seems, to me.

Great topic. Thanks.

edit on 1/5/2014 by BO XIAN because: tags

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join