It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US military intelligence chief stepping down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Washington (AFP) - The head of the US Defense Intelligence Agency and his deputy will step down later this year, officials said Wednesday, but denied reports they were being forced out.

Lieutenant General Michael Flynn, who had served as director of the DIA since July 2012, and deputy David Shedd, said in a joint memo to employees that "they will depart the agency and retire by early Fall 2014," according to an agency statement.

US military intelligence chief stepping down

Well, the article states this has been planned (Both of them.. together...) for quite some time.

Just down from that, it's described as being planned for a matter of months. That's not quite the same thing to my thinking, when the #1 AND #2 of one of America's leading agencies within the Intelligence community step down together. This caught my eye too...

The DIA is undergoing dramatic changes under a plan to deploy more spies in the field, and Flynn's efforts to speed up the transformation proved "disruptive," according to his critics, the Post reported.

Oh really? Just expanding intelligence left and right, eh? I hadn't realized the DIA was undergoing major transformation to being more field based? How many others are expanding, I wonder?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Well, I wonder how old these people are? Maybe they don't like all the new technology that is starting to plague them, choosing to retire before they get something pinned on them and loose their pensions. Seems that the Obama administration is initiating a lot of change and firing a lot of people. That would make me a little nervous if I were one of these guys. I'd probably retire before being dragged through the mud too.

Just an idea I have about what may be going on.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Certainly interesting. I wonder how many of those spies are going to set up accounts here.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Could they have been forced out because they were unable to get oxymoronlist.com to remove "military intelligence" from their site, thus casting doubts on their credibility?

www.oxymoronlist.com...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

The times they are a changing. I've been tuned in lately to some of the stuff DARPA is researching, and if your not deeply tuned in to science and tech, your eyes are going to be off the ball as far as the direction of future military conflicts. I wouldn't blame guys who've been there awhile stepping aside to let young blood take control, its a totally new world.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Sounds like they were trying to disrupt the way things were going by creating a bureaucratic mess and were removed for it.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I'm glad someone else got the same feeling of how this may not quite have been entirely by their own choosing...and by no means a good sign of whats happening behind the scenes, in places where chaos is a really really bad thing to consider.

new topics

top topics

join