It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington Governor Imposes Cap-And-Trade Through Executive Order

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Now another State Governor has imposed a carbon credit scheme by way of Executive Order, by-passing the State Legislature and apparently discounting all reasonable rebuttals.

Governor Jay Inslee of Washington (State) has done it this time.

I wonder how much this will cost taxpayers ?

It looks like the climate change agenda has puppets at all levels.

Get ready to pay higher prices. Can you *Feel* the gouging yet ?

Washington Democratic Gov. Jay Inslee is not waiting for the state legislature to regulate carbon dioxide emissions, but instead has issued an executive order to implement a cap-and-trade program, eliminate coal power and fund green energy projects.

“This is the right time to act, the right place to act and we are the right people to act,” Inslee said. “We will engage the right people, consider the right options, ask the right questions and come to the right answers — answers that work for Washington.”

Inlsee argues that more action is needed if the state is to meet climate goals passed by the legislature in 2008. Those goals call for the state to lower its carbon dioxide emissions by certain amounts by 2020.

Washington Governor Imposes Cap-And-Trade Through Executive Order

Climate "Changing" ?

or is it Short "Changing"

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

this may be a stupid idea, or genius.
believe in manmade climate change or not..

its only smart to break the hold fossil fuel energies have over us. especially when they keep rising the costs up and up and up.
although I support local communities making their own power, and removing access to the national/state grids.

most power is wasted in transmission along the lines

ireelevant if man is making cliemate change or its nto even happening... its just wise to remove these power structures and try to generate power using as little fuel as possible.

wind, water, solar, tidal these things are always here... and if we can make them do useful work, why shouldn't we..

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
It takes a strong economy to move towards clean energy, so how can moves that weaken the economy ever help? They can't.

The first and most effective move to get us off fossil fuels is to do whatever is needed to give us a robust economy. Problem is that critical thinking goes out the door whenever activists get involved. We've see examples of that every year when forests are burned due to decades of activists stopping the proper maintenance of our countries forests. Same thing here.

It's a bit like a game of Chess where if you look three moves ahead you may well win, but if you can only see the next move, you don't stand a chance of winning.

Wise use of oil, natural gas and coal now, could well be the only way forward that will lead to solving these problems. Few people can see past that first move though.

Add to that a President and Governors acting outside the law to circumvent the legal way of getting what they want and all we can expect is failure and even worse de facto dictators.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

i see what your saying, but if we wait trying to make things stable there will always be an excuse to put off change.
IMHO if we just start changing stuff, it might hurt, but at a certain point it would reach a critical mass and we could actually have done something..

ETA: I agree these elected representatives SHOULD NOT work outside the legal framework.
edit on 4-30-14 by okamitengu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: okamitengu

The only real solution is to stop arguing, throw these bums out of office and replace them with people who can get stuff done. Until we get rid of this partisan insanity and people who will cater to small groups of radicals for donations, progress will be stymied. Sad part is we all want a solution, but politics keeps getting in the way.

Fixing things takes money and until we have the spare change laying around, progress does not happen. One group understands the money part and not the progress part, while the other group wants progress, but places obstacles in it's own way to stumble over so they will never get there.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Now another State Governor has imposed a carbon credit scheme by way of Executive Order

It's part of his "Innovate Washington" boondoggle ... it started out as a DARPA funded project called SIRTI....
and has connections chicago garbage business, as well as other nefarious things,,

Myth of SIRTI

SIRTI is now Innovate Washington

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Don't really know what to say here. I'm in WA and Gov Inslee has seemed mostly sane... until now. This ridiculous carbon credit scheme fiasco has got to be the loser of the century fiasco. Yeah we need to lose the fossils fuel dependence but when it's such a small percentage of the globe buying into this all it's going to do is hose us locally.

Personally I don't care much anymore. Heading off the grid as soon as I get my fossil fuel guzzling pickup topped off and a few other things together. This world has gone crazy.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Someone please remind me why American politicians are doing everything they can to harm this country than make it bettter.

WHY do we want to penalize ourselves for using energy....

What do you think our GDP will be when were handing out climate fines.

Even Hellen Keller can see this has FAIL written all over it by scheming criminals.

Lets follow the money for the pushers of these Cap and Trade lovers and I will bet you my left nut they golf on the weekend and have already invested in the company's that are positioned for this transition.
edit on 1-5-2014 by Zaanny because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I'm an australian, and I know people all over the world.

politicians everywhere are screwing over the populations, it endemic in western democracies..

i agree completely with kicking them all out. but not if we just elect new faces.
the whole system world wide need re-evaluation and actual change form this representative democracy.

centralisation is slavery.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
We don't necessarily need to elect new leaders. I'd settle for a national lottery where we draw names out of a drum each term at this point. They can't possibly be any worse than what we keep electing.

Did no one in Washington learn from what's been happening in other places that imposed cap and trade schemes?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Some things are just too important to wait.

There is far too much campaign money riding on this to entrust it to the legislature.

top topics

join