It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia experiencing recession NOW, says the IMF

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

I honestly think NATO the US Western world .... Wants Russia to invade the East of Ukraine, justify And creating a much bigger round of economy killing sanctions

I also don't think Russia wants to take the East of Ukraine, but just wants to destabilise and turn it into a wasteland/buffer zone as revenge on the Ukrainian people in this messy divorce

I think Putins played his hand, he's just refusing to part with his losses

I can see this landing Russia in dapper recession and eventually a lot of very important deals with the EU

As Ukraine fizzles out, I think anti Putin rallies will be grabbing all the attention

That whole divorce was many years ago. You think Putin is still sore over it?

It very well could end up a big can of worms. I mean we are sanctioning a major world power, and i don't think we have seen all the cards the USA holds.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

The West has pulled the same crap on Nth Korea, Iran, Syria, Libya and the only time they did get there way was when they orchestrated an uprising. Russia don't care, they have just signed a massive deal with Iran and are in the works of signing another one which is much bigger with China. Your Petrodollar is the thing you should be worrying about, none of those deals include US dollars.

Last time I heard, Russias credit status didn't matter because they are not in debt to anyone, they are the Bankers, look how far in debt Ukraine are to Russia.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

The West has pulled the same crap on Nth Korea, Iran, Syria, Libya and the only time they did get there way was when they orchestrated an uprising. Russia don't care, they have just signed a massive deal with Iran and are in the works of signing another one which is much bigger with China. Your Petrodollar is the thing you should be worrying about, none of those deals include US dollars.

Last time I heard, Russias credit status didn't matter because they are not in debt to anyone, they are the Bankers, look how far in debt Ukraine are to Russia.

That's right. And the IMF is the in the source in the OP- the same IMF that is now pledging another $17billion in austerity loans to Ukraine. Obviously the IMF is going to downplay the Russian economy, since it is now trying to replace Russian debts with its own in Ukraine.

The IMF is a tool that advanced financial empires use for partitioning the ownership of the economies of developing nations.
edit on 1-5-2014 by Vovin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Vovin

That's the thing, Ukraine are going to use European funds to pay the Russian debt, they aren't any better off for it, now they just owe Europe and the IMF. If anything, they are further in debt than what they were in the first place.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
So the banker cartel trying to smear the russians a bit more?
Too bad the cartel has gone too far already, not gonna fly this time.
Also, ukranians can thank the IMF, they are going to be on level with greece and portugal, yay!!

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   

It would not be wise to trust the rhetorik of either one side in this economic war.

The IMF's economic hegemony is directly threatened by the BRICS-nations endeavours to establish alternative reserve currencies / dropt the USD as a single GRC.

That is what this all is about.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: yiersan
sell their raws to China instead of EU, problem solved, enjoy Economic growth for the coming 1000 years

Not problem solved

China deal will only secure 25% of what the EU demands and china will likely not be raising that, it'll likely decrease as chinas industries slump

The western investors and company's seem to be pulling out and coming home, or going elsewhere... That exodus will continue its trend in Russia

Good luck BRICS

edit on 1-5-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The IMF is a joke when it comes to reality .... These minions of the FED are just another tool the US uses to enforce a world hegemony. I believe a blind man can see that ...... While the US bashes Russia the world has turned a blind eye to American aggression and arming of terrorists WORLDWIDE ...... The real question ..."What about the American war of dominoes in North Africa and the Middle East and the acts of war committed by the American government?"

The alleged protector has become usurped because a weak president is failing to lead his government but that his government is leading him .......

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Fantastic job Mr Putin

I wonder what will happen when the EU sources gas and oil elsewhere to which so much of Russia's economy realise upon...

IMO, This could get real bad for Russia

Thoughts ATS?

Firstly, it will be difficult to find other sources that can replace the large amounts of gas being supplied by Russia ..and even if they do, to build the infrastructure and get the gas supplied ..will take few years ..
I'm sure EU is looking at other sources ..with USA helping them to cut ties with Russian products ..but it will come at an immediate price ..and difficult times for the EU ..
Russia on the other hand can easily find other buyers ..and has already struck some new deals ..

Putin is being very careful about shutting off the tap ..because everyone knows that will mean cold bad times for Ukraine and Europe ..it will be an immediate sobering event for the EU ..
The USA as usual will move on after destabilizing and plundering is done ..leaving 'their friends' out to suffer in the dust ..they will not help the territories they destabilized ..they will move on calling it 'mission accomplished' ..
The EU knows this fact very well as well ..

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The IMF is a joke! Real business traders will know exactly what is going on. They will know that what the IMF is stating is an utter lie! A fabrication for the Western masses just to show that the sanctions are righteous and that they are working, but of course, they are not.

If Ukraine borrows money off the West via the IMF, it can only pay its debt to Russia with roubles, so in effect, the IMF has supported Russia. Well done there!

Of course, the sanctions are nothing more than a distraction for Western masses. Somehow, Obama has to counter the rejection of the petrodollar by both Russia and China, and the other BRICS economies. America is fighting for financial survival, and with it, other Western economies who are still (fatalistically) welded to the petrodollar, but we are seeing the first steps leading to the petrodollar's demise. It will take time, and rumours of recession and depression for those economies de-linking from the American dollar will be pedalled in the Western news markets to try to influence investment in those de-linked economies.

It's easy to see what is happening, and why Ukraine is in the destabilised mess it is in. The West knew that if it could bring disorder and chaos to a country on Russia's borders, it could then act like the saving angel and hit Russia with sanctions for acting in its own security interests. The sanctions were needed to slow Russia's economy down, but it hasn't worked, because the real cause of Russia's economic losses is due to de-linking from the petrodollar, and not because of the sanctions.

Putin knew the Russian economy would take a hit because of the de-linking, but that it would begin to recover. However the greatest fear for America is not just Russia de-linking from the petrodollar, but the influence and persuasion the act carries for other economies wanting to see their own currencies financially viable. Once they see that Russia not only survived, but improved, other economies will follow suit and de-link from the petrodollar.

This is the real cause and raison detre of the Ukraine crisis. Western agent provocateurs infiltrated and influenced Ukrainian hopes and funnelled their frustrations into protest. Russia responded to secure its interests as the West expected it to do, and thus allowed the West to hit Russia with punitive sanctions, but the sanctions have nothing whatsoever to do with any concern for the Ukrainian people. The West's only interest in the Ukraine is to use it as a means to influence actions from Putin, so that they can hit him with sanctions. The West is simply stalling for time.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: junglimogli

Fantastic job Mr Putin

I wonder what will happen when the EU sources gas and oil elsewhere to which so much of Russia's economy realise upon...

IMO, This could get real bad for Russia

Thoughts ATS?

Firstly, it will be difficult to find other sources that can replace the large amounts of gas being supplied by Russia ..and even if they do, to build the infrastructure and get the gas supplied ..will take few years ..
I'm sure EU is looking at other sources ..with USA helping them to cut ties with Russian products ..but it will come at an immediate price ..and difficult times for the EU ..
Russia on the other hand can easily find other buyers ..and has already struck some new deals ..

Putin is being very careful about shutting off the tap ..because everyone knows that will mean cold bad times for Ukraine and Europe ..it will be an immediate sobering event for the EU ..
The USA as usual will move on after destabilizing and plundering is done ..leaving 'their friends' out to suffer in the dust ..they will not help the territories they destabilized ..they will move on calling it 'mission accomplished' ..
The EU knows this fact very well as well ..

For sure... Liquified and North Sea gas is currently the only alternative along with switching to electric...

But turkey's pipeline is nearly complete, Russia has two years to find buyers which I can't see the demand tbh

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
It amazes me just how passive Ukrainians can be they are literally being bullied in their own city.

Ukraine crisis: Striving for 'normality' in Sloviansk

He said that his business has suffered since the town was overrun by pro-Russian activists. "I get at least two times fewer requests. Nobody comes to the main square anymore. Nobody actually goes into town, only if it is absolutely necessary," he said.

Accused of spying
Most of Vitaliy's friends prefer to get out of Sloviansk for the time being, and weather the crisis with relatives in surrounding villages or even Ukraine's other provinces. But he has nowhere to go.

Alexey - a trader at the city market - says that many shop and store owners have simply stopped trading. He has sent his mother to her home village and is thinking of moving there himself.

It is not difficult to see why he and others want to leave. The people of Sloviansk are living under a curfew - locals say that the pro-Russian activists have banned anyone from going out on the streets after 11.30pm.

www.bbc.com...

Hey there,

I already have explained to you that it's population in this very city that seeks independence, no one is pressed there coz there is no need...just look at the faces of junta leaders, would YOU want to live under THAT regime?

And they are not pro-Russian. Independence is their goal.

That's why you are friging 'amazed' coz it's outside of normal logic. On one hand you trust news sources coming directly out of R. Murdoch arse, and on the other hand these news do not make any sense to you for an obvious reason. It defies healthy normal logic.

cheers)

edit on 1-5-2014 by darkorange because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColCurious

It would not be wise to trust the rhetorik of either one side in this economic war.

The IMF's economic hegemony is directly threatened by the BRICS-nations endeavours to establish alternative reserve currencies / dropt the USD as a single GRC.

That is what this all is about.

It is threatened of course, but what you fail to understand is the BRICS really REALY rely on western consumer demand to grow... There economy's are directly linked to western demand company's aid and financing ... FACT agreed?

They're not yet anywhere near ready to take on the Western financial might, they have failed... there economy's are slowing down dramatically and shrinking each year because the western leaders aren't as stupid as you think, any body could have seen this Russia born seedling of HATE sown Into the BRICS, so they have stop the investment and gone elsewhere it just a matter of how long the BRICS can keep covering up it projections, by many experts account china is already in negative growth and vastly exaggerates

Russia is without doubt wounded financially from its aggressions in Ukraine and slowly bleeding to death In Syria dealing with a the deep pocketed Saudi Arabia and Qatar

Brazil and India are both contracting every year

Never going to happen, that time has come and gone

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Oh, I absolutely agree.
In fact, the main reason for the contagious situation following the '08 crisis within the GFS was that it is so deeply interwoven. The beauty of globalization (sarcasm!)... I've been saying this for quite some time though.

They're not yet anywhere near ready to take on the Western financial might, they have failed... there economy's are slowing down dramatically and shrinking each year because the western leaders aren't as stupid as you think, any body could have seen this Russia born seedling of HATE sown Into the BRICS, so they have stop the investment and gone elsewhere it just a matter of how long the BRICS can keep covering up it projections, by many experts account china is already in negative growth and vastly exaggerates

This part of your post contradicts the reality of the first part. Is the GFS interwoven or not?
I hate to break it to you, but the "western financial might" (apart from hard values) is a minefield full of bubbles waiting to go off. And our "leaders", as much as they wish to regulate the GFS, have very little power over private clients and investors. FACT.

Russia is without doubt wounded financially from its aggressions in Ukraine and slowly bleeding to death In Syria dealing with a the deep pocketed Saudi Arabia and Qatar

Regarding the stupidity of sanctions, I suggest you read this:
France Plays Russian Roulette: Why Europe Is Scared Of Sanctions Against Russia

(directly from the monsters mouth)

And this:
Economic War with Russia: A High Price for German Business (Der Spiegel)
And this:
Krim-Krise: Deutsche Wirtschaft warnt vor Sanktionen gegen Russland (Der Spiegel, German version)

"We should avoid a revival of the cold war at all costs. It would hurt Germany and Europe, politically aswell as economically. Our economic ties with Russia are extensive. More than 6000 German companies invested more than 20 billion USD in Russia," said Fitschen - President of the Association of German Banks (BdB)
(my translation)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Isn't a recession when a country has experienced a downturn for TWO consecutive quarters?

a period of temporary economic decline during which trade and industrial activity are reduced, generally identified by a fall in GDP in two successive quarters.

Russian having a downturn for 3 months isn't a recession, this is just the Americans (IMF) trying their hardest to accelerate Russia's Woes.

In the last few weeks Russian Stocks have actually increased, slightly (after a very turbulent trading period!)

Either that or media propaganda designed to make people think this admin's sanctions are working.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join