It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question of the Big Bang and infinity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: iSomeone

You haven't offered any evidence, you've offered a very verbose and tedious ontological argument that has not only no basis whatsoever but has been utterly refuted at every step. It's an old, old argument, I'm sorry that you believe it's some novel deep and insightful "proof" for your faith but it's not. It's not even original.

You may not have noticed but this is the Science & Technology forum. The standards for evidence are somewhat higher than "because I said so" in a long winded manner..

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: iSomeone

Thank you for your post.

If you don't mind, I am going to copy and use the words you wrote in order to spread the same message I am trying to spread among my friends and family. It is hard to explain the wonderful existence that is God, but in your words, like the video posted a few posts up, it is a remarkable journey that too few people allow themselves the opportunity to understand.

I agree with your sentiments and fully appreciate the complexity of the equations and the perfect order that this Earth, and everything around it, has to fall in to...in order to function the way it does. It is truly amazing. A lot of people try to dissuade others with science that even the most popular of physicists can't explain, besides their terrible "multi-universes" theory, and it further validates my own beliefs.

Excellent response and one worthy to keep around.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Here is my belief:

so as we accelerate time begins to slow down, according to the theory of relativity it's called time dilation. the faster we go, the slower time passes by until that magical moment when we reach the speed of light where time stops dead in it's tracks. But.. what happens when we go faster than the speed of light? Now, bare with me here... I know theoretically speaking this is an impossibility.. you cannot accelerate something faster than the speed of light because it's mass would be infinite. But what if there were an external force with infinite strength that could PULL you faster than the speed of light??

Moving on to something completely different. Black holes. Inescapable regions with gravitational fields so intense that nothing including radiation (LIGHT) can escape. You get sucked in to the center where the density is infinite.. you are pulled to the center at the speed of light and compressed into an infinitely small point with infinite density called a singularity.

Continuing on... White holes. In general relativity, a white hole is a hypothetical region of spacetime which cannot be entered from the outside, although matter and light can escape from it. In this sense, it is the reverse of a black hole. White holes appear in the theory of eternal black holes. In addition to a black hole region in the future, such a solution of the Einstein field equations has a white hole region in its past.

OK... getting interesting. Now. Imagine we are sucked into the gravitational pull of a black hole. We get sucked closer and closer until we arrive at the event horizon, the theoretical boundary in that black hole where radiation (light) can no longer escape. But what do we mean "cannot escape"? Light isn't conscious, it cannot decide the path it takes. It get's sucked in and that's it... but where did that light go? Well, as that light and matter gets sucked in closer to the black hole, it is accelerating. Once it reaches that event horizon it is no longer visible... but why? Think about that for a second... why can we no longer see that light? Well, what if that increasing acceleration as it gets closer to the center gets so fast as it passes the event horizon that it exceeds the speed of light? What would happen to that matter and radiation and light if it actually DID exceed the speed of light as it gets pulled closer? Well.. if as we reach the speed of light time slows and then stops.. what if we keep accelerating? Wouldn't time REVERSE? Now, if that time actually reverses where is that matter going? IMO it is going backwards through time.

OK back to those white holes, the exits from black holes at some other point in the past. What if those white holes ARE the "cosmic egg"? What if that matter and radiation that got sucked into that black hole, accelerated faster than light, sent backwards through time right to the beginning of it.. arriving at the cosmic egg and being blasted back out into the beginning of the universe, the big bang. In a manner of speaking that would make it a cyclical universe.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join