It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SEIU membership, revenues plummet after state ends 'underhanded scheme'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Looks like another Union scam job has bit the dust after being exposed.

It seems that thousands of home-based healthcare workers severed themselves from the powerful and well connected Service Employees International Union (aka SEIU) that had people working in a "home-care" environment paying union dues from Medicare and Medicaid.

Something happened that "allowed" these "members" to drop out.

The Union apparently had Lobbyed for some kind of law that made the "scam" possible in the first place, as the "workers" were classified as "public employees".

Big money now has exited their coffers.

A Michigan branch of the powerful Service Employees International Union saw its membership and revenues plummet after the reversal of a measure that forced caregivers tending to friends or relatives to be members with their dues paid by those they cared for.

More than 44,000 home-based healthcare workers parted ways with SEIU Healthcare Michigan after learning they did not have to join the union or pay dues, according to reports the union filed with the U.S. Department of Labor. Thousands of the employees were allegedly forced into the union under a plan the SEIU successfully lobbied for that classified even unpaid family members caring for their elderly parents as "home health care workers." Dues were then automatically collected from the care recipients' Medicare or Medicaid checks.

Read about some of the "victims".....
SEIU membership, revenues plummet after state ends 'underhanded scheme'

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

From your link:

Retired Detroit police officer Steven Glossop and his wife Patricia Haynes say they were forced into the union after they were considered public employees because they cared for two adult children with cerebral palsy in their home.

“Our children’s case worker had come for their usual six-month visit and he had told us that we were now part of the union,” Haynes told FoxNews.com. “I was like, ‘What?’”

But Haynes and her husband weren’t concerned.

“I didn’t think much about it,” she said. “Then my husband heard the news that the law was reversed and we realized they were doing nothing for us.”

Haynes said that every month, $30 was deducted from their children’s Medicare payments, and, while it did not break their bank, they objected on principle.

What a scam and no one has gone to jail ! I realize the fallout has not hit the sink hole yet but this is wrong in so many ways...uck!

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That's $1,320,000.00 dollars out of the crooks coffers on a monthly basis.

I see them screaming bloody murder before to long, saying how unfair it is.
edit on 30-4-2014 by TDawgRex because: ETA

join