posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:30 PM
Montoya almost had enough money to buy his dream toy, when he saw a sad story on the news about a mother and daughter who died in a house fire,
the television station reported.
It turned out, their home didn’t have a smoke detector.
“It really hurts my heart to see people die in fires,” Montoya said.
So, the Grand Prairie boy took all of the money he’d saved and bought almost a hundred smoke detectors, the station reported.
What an awesome kid! Also the GoFundMe has already raised $6,490 out of a $7,000 goal. If you want to donate GO
Hectors Detectors is pretty catchy.
Apparently someone has already made sure he has his PS4.
You've really got to commend the kid and his parents. The local Fire Department has been helping him install the things too. I really hope a bunch
of jaded people don't start chiming in that the parents put him up to it because they knew if it got any publicity he would probably get the PS4 and a
ton of free games.
Also, everyone go check your smoke alarms. I know mine needs batteries.
I just realized this story is older than I thought and has probably been posted. I will search again.
edit on 3020140420141 by Domo1
because: (no reason given)