It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shaquille O'Neal Caught making fun of handicapped guy via Instagram

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Not only Shaq but other poeple have joined in the bullying of a handicapped man. This makes me sick. To those that much has been given much is expected. He's a professional athlete that millions look up to he should conduct himself accordingly. This is absolutely disgusting.

Heres the news clip.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Absolutely disgusting. What kind of world are we living in? We need more love and understanding.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

I tend to find Shaq pretty funny but this was tasteless. It's one thing to joke on your peers and the athletes during your coverage. This was over the line.

On a positive note, this gentleman gained some notoriety (albeit not how he would have wanted it) and hopefully it will launch his campaign rather nicely. I wish him the best in helping change peoples minds on how they view others like him or with other disabilities.
edit on 4/30/2014 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Well I think that new President of the NBA needs to ban Shaq from all future associations with the NBA. No more games, nothing...thats how it works these days right?

+17 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
Not only Shaq but other poeple have joined in the bullying of a handicapped man. This makes me sick. To those that much has been given much is expected. He's a professional athlete that millions look up to he should conduct himself accordingly. This is absolutely disgusting.

Heres the news clip.

www.youtube.com...

Just remember, it's only discrimination if a white person did it.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
There's a difference between being funny and trying to be funny... Unfortunately for Shaq he has never been genuinely funny. He's that guy that always tried to hard to be funny or wasn't witty enough to be funny so resorted to racist jokes for the shocks and awwws....

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
What a jerk! He did call the guy and apologized.

www.foxnews.com...

"Made a new friend today when I called and apologized to Jahmel Binion. Great dude," the tweet said.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
What a jerk! He did call the guy and apologized.

www.foxnews.com...

"Made a new friend today when I called and apologized to Jahmel Binion. Great dude," the tweet said.
That doesn't excuse what he did. He's not sorry he did it he's sorry he got caught or he would have never done it to begin with.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Oh, I know. I don't think it excuses what he did. I think he's a jerk, regardless.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
This is such a sad and disturbing story. Shame on Shaq!

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I think this comes more from ignorance than intentional bullying.

It's very easy on the internet these days to see a 'meme' of a someone pulling a face and not necessarily realize that, that person could have a disability.

I suspect Shaq would apologize once he sees this and realize how much he's actually offended the young man - I'd like to think he would anyway.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Capitalsource
I think this comes more from ignorance than intentional bullying.

It's very easy on the internet these days to see a 'meme' of a someone pulling a face and not necessarily realize that, that person could have a disability.

I suspect Shaq would apologize once he sees this and realize how much he's actually offended the young man - I'd like to think he would anyway.

That is possible, but is it probable?
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Oh what a web we weave when first we practice to deceive. Shaq.... i swear. youre a total dumbass. From your horrible movies to your non existent 3 point game. How dare you after slamming the Owner of the clippers with insensitive remarks do the same thing. Then apologize after in hope no one will remember it? For shame.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I read about this yesterday. My first thought was 'Shaq is a complete a jackass'.

My second thought was pure love and admiration for the man he was making fun of. At least he has the courage to put himself out there...despite his condition and probably anticipating people would actually make fun of him.

He's a brave soul if you ask me and a much better man than all of those aholes that made fun of him in such a childish way.

edit on 30-4-2014 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-4-2014 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Well I think that new President of the NBA needs to ban Shaq from all future associations with the NBA. No more games, nothing...thats how it works these days right?

If you agree to a piece of paper when you buy a team it does.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Capitalsource

I am with you & I think once he realizes what's going
that he will fund this guys cause & promote it big time!
I cannot imagine him deliberately hurting anyone especially
a disabled person. i could be wrong haven't owned a bloody
TV in over 9 yrs & get my news here on ATS.

Cheers
Ektar

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I'd say something bad about Shaq, but then that'd be racist and I'd lose my rights and freedoms.

link   
Yeah, what the bunny said!

Double post.
edit on 30-4-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

link   
Yeah, what the bunny said!

Triple post!
edit on 30-4-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Not that I have any reference to Shaq's personal character, but I would assume with a high probability that Shaq didn't know the guy had any kind of disability. He simply looks like he is trying to make a thug face in the original photo.

If the mimicked picture had been of a stereotypical thug WITHOUT any disability, would everyone still think Shaq was a jerk for making fun of someone?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join