It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a difference between Black and White Racism?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: JustACoincidence

Not after at the same time... We have to be boinking some other race to be having biracial children. So they arnt having "pure" children either....

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: dam00

Is there actually anyone alive today who had anything to do with anything you have just quoted, are you making excuses for genocide ? only a genocidal maniac would make excuses for the deliberate destruction of an entire race Im shocked really I am.

Wow...you completely twisted the meaning of my post! I was just refreshing your memory regarding other 'flooding of a place with a different race', as it has happened before in history. But apparently that is too old for you? OK...

In the 60s in the US and UK black people were still treated as an inferior ethnicity. The UK was very rich back then and brought over thousands of Caribbean people to do the jobs white people didn't want to do. Twenty years later the economy wasn't doing good and the whites started complaining that the non-whites were stealing all their jobs. Imagine being one of those Caribbean family's children, born in England, British, yet not considered one because you didn't look pale enough. And unfortunately this is still happening today, second generation British that love this country but they are still not considered 'proper' British because of the way they look.......that is very sad.

Us, whites, have not been treated as second or third class citizens in recent history.....black people have.

There are good and bad people everywhere, regardless of where they come from.

I just really wish that one day we can all put our differences aside and see what really matters in others....stop judging others for sins we have committed before.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

Us, whites, have not been treated as second or third class citizens in recent history.....black people have.

I am going to disagree. The extreme poor and homeless, Vietnam vets, and others. Maybe not whites as a whole, but groups of whites definitely.

Edit: because I was told to add the Irish in there as well.
edit on 2-5-2014 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

Edit again because I need better glasses.
edit on 2-5-2014 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

Homeless come from a variety of ethnicities. Yes, the Irish were treated really badly (I have heard many stories from Irish and Scottish aged 60+) but in the US they were never asked to sit at the back of buses and in the UK first Generation British of Irish families are never told they are not 'proper' British simply because they are white.

But, going back to the OP: racism is bad, no matter who is being racist and I do stand up to racism whether it comes from blacks, whites, orientals, etc. Racism leads to division and segregation.

Like I said before: I love people because of who they are, regardless of their colour, profession, religion, sexual orientation, etc. And I expect people to love me for who I am too, regardless of my looks or background.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
White people think that racism is only a black issue because they associate racism with black people because of the slavery that went on in America for so long. Ninety percent of white people live in America. Because of this, the only really bad cases of slavery or something that would cause racism has been associated with black people.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I gotta disagree agrtha... Slavery was unique to blacks, but I think every new group that has come to America has been discriminated against at around the same level as blacks in the 60s. Now Irish never had it worse then blacks did in the 50s or 60s.. But there were signs on stoops saying " Irish need not apply" and such.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE

Not after at the same time... We have to be boinking some other race to be having biracial children. So they arnt having "pure" children either....

At the rate that it’s already happening in almost every white country, white people will be long gone before Africans start moving to China to have sex with hundreds of millions of Chinese people.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

I have never lived in the US so I can't tell how it was there, I can only talk about what Irish people have told me about the UK. Were Irish also segregated like blacks?

If you go to Africa now you will find lots of Chinese living there, many married to African women. I saw that last time I went to West Africa, a couple of years ago.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

If you go to Africa now you will find lots of Chinese living there, many married to African women. I saw that last time I went to West Africa, a couple of years ago.

That's great and all, but that doesn't really compare. No one is moving to China or India or Africa en mass.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I didnt twist anything, from your previous post you have stated you are aware that one day white people will be blended out of exhistance, not only are you aware of it your not bothered about it and you continue to make excuses for it, you come across as a genocidal maniac

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

since your first your first response to my original post, you have been hostile and quite childish with your name calling, and now you are making assumptions about me and my family, about a situation I have told you is very unlikely to happen, with this in mind I would like you to answer the first question I asked you.

Which part of my original post did you find most offensive ?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

There are people of all races in all countries already. What we consider African Americans are no longer genetic Africans.. Their so mixed with European and Indian, they really no longer look like true Africans. Fact is racist thinking says one drop of black blood and your black.... So that's why Obama is the first black pres... Not the first mixed race one. But that perception not reality. Reality is almost all Americans are mixed race already. In anchient times Vikings weren't the same race as the whites in England at the time. Sicilians weren't the same race as northern italians. White people as a race are a modern creation.

edit on 2-5-2014 by ArtemisE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: dam00

Genocide is killing a whole race or ethnic group. Not marrying and banging a whole race ..... Lmao

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

The part about you would rather send black children up chimneys then white children. You stated there was a difference... There's not...that was the most horrendous.

Basically your whole post was a racist manifesto. I don't really think offencive is the right word tho. More amazed at the ridiculousness of your thinking. I would require me to care about what you think for me to be offended.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

The part about you would rather send black children up chimneys then white children. You stated there was a difference... There's not...that was the most horrendous.

Basically your whole post was a racist manifesto. I don't really think offencive is the right word tho. More amazed at the ridiculousness of your thinking. I would require me to care about what you think for me to be offended.

From my original post the section about chimneys

Many people abused slaves and many looked after them well. In the UK many people forget what we did before we had black slaves, we had workhouses for orphaned and unwanted children we would do things like send them up chimneys and if they died then they where easily replaced, work houses weren't very nice places, those poor forgoten white children, who never get a mention in modern education

No where does it say I would rather stick black children up chimneys than white

I think you had the
OMG your such a racist
reaction I spoke of earlier, and then you threw a hissy fit
calm down flower Im not tring to convert you

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

You couldn't convert me.. I'm ice cold logic.

In your chimney statement you insinuate that it was better to send slaves then white children. They send children because of there size. So any slave they sent up one would have been a child.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Genocide is killing a whole race or ethnic group. Not marrying and banging a whole race ..... Lmao

Genocide is the systematic destruction of all or part of a racial, ethnic, religious or national group.[1] What constitutes enough of a "part" to qualify as genocide has been subject to much debate by legal scholars.[2][3] While a precise definition varies among genocide scholars, a legal definition is found in the 1948 United Nations Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide (CPPCG). Article 2 of this convention defines genocide as "any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life, calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; [and] forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

Raphael Lemkin, in his work Axis Rule in Occupied Europe (1944), coined the term "genocide" by combining Greek genos (γένος), "race, people" and Latin cīdere "to kill"

Lemkin defined genocide as follows: "Generally speaking, genocide does not necessarily mean the immediate destruction of a nation, except when accomplished by mass killings of all members of a nation. It is intended rather to signify a coordinated plan of different actions aiming at the destruction of essential foundations of the life of national groups, with the aim of annihilating the groups themselves. The objectives of such a plan would be the disintegration of the political and social institutions, of culture, language, national feelings, religion, and the economic existence of national groups, and the destruction of the personal security, liberty, health, dignity, and even the lives of the individuals belonging to such groups."

deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life, calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;

Wiki on Genocide

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Only in your head is people marrying outside there race destroying the fundamental pillars of an ethnic group.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Racism is taught. Children only know if someone doesn't look like their people,but they don't care, as long as they get to play. Adults have the misfortune of years of conditioning and hate.

Stereotypes exist for a reason. Once you encounter a "typical whatever" then you only use that to reinforce your bias. Usually ignoring many other positive experiences as they cloud the issue.

I feel as each generation comes forward, there is less hate overall, but you still have those that thrive on it.
I doubt it will ever be totally gone, but as people get more intelligent, and see that bias is not any way to make decisions, some will evolve.

But in answer to the OP, Racism is hate. Hate is stupid. No matter who is doing it. So it's all the same. Just rampant stupidity. (IMHO)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I sincerely hope you never get banned from ATS.... You can't buy advertising like you!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join