It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a difference between Black and White Racism?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Is there a fundamental difference between black and whit racists in America?

Is one worse or is any and all racism equal?

I'm not saying that ones worse then the other but I did have an intresting thought that I figured was worth sharing.

White racist believe that they are superior to the other races and god has gifted the world to them for rule.

Segregationists believe the races should remain as pure as possible, but I guess all are equal. Just don't think we should mix.

Black racists believe there's some conspiracy by the white race to keep them down and put them back in chains.

Now I think most would agree all 3 are flawed logic. But is one more evil then the others?

I personally am an evolution guy. So the more we mix the stronger the species. ( whites don't get scicalcell, blacks don't get skin cancer)

IMHO white racism is the most evil, in its present incarnation at least.
There's nothing inherently worse. Just as it's presently practiced it's the worst.

If anyone has a more extreme black racist philosophy that is presently practiced please post it. The black panther type is the only one I'm familiar with.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
They are equally bad.

The only problem is society has basically deemed that racism is only a one-sided affair. You can blame the liberal/progressive agenda for this line of thinking.

Slavery gives one side an excuse while it gives the other a point of condemnation.
edit on 4/30/2014 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Unfortunately OP it is all based on species self hatred Ignorance... I say this because the health affects mentally, physically and socially ARE = strain on the mind and bodies of those practicing.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Essentially you're asking which type of mind poison is worse? No matter how it's described, it's still poison to the human spirit. Funny isn't it how all races can lie together next to each other in a hospital nursery and also in cemeteries, but in the time between they might be taught prejudices that keep them apart.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

I don't know why you only think there is black and white racism but ALL racism is equal....It is one race thinking another color human is inferior in some way, shape or form.....All racism is stupid and people are all people regardless of color.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

If you are not awake and aware enough to acknowledge that bias practiced by authoritarians is worse than bias practiced by plebes then nothing can penetrate that sack over your head.

LOL. There's equal justice regardless of wealth too.

Go back to your Faux News, get angry and buy guns. That's as good as it's going to get for you.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE
If anyone has a more extreme black racist philosophy that is presently practiced please post it.

I found an excellent article on this question...

Can Black People be Racist?

Can blacks be racist? The answer, of course, will depend on how you define racism.

If you define it as “prejudice against or hatred toward another race,” then the answer is yes.
If you define racism as “the belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race,” the answer is yes.
And if you define racism as “prejudice and discrimination rooted in race-based loathing,” then the answer is, again, yes.

However, if you define racism as “a system of group privilege by those who have a disproportionate share of society’s power, prestige, property, and privilege,” then the answer is no. In the end, it is my opinion that individual blacks can be and sometimes are racists. However, collectively, blacks are neither the primary creators nor beneficiaries of the racism that permeates society today.

In my opinion, hatred is not racism. Making comments about another race is not racism. But a systemic structure of privilege by one race, where another race suffers as a consequence is racism. Therefore, since white people have had the controlling power and privilege in this country since it's inception, I believe racism is perpetrated by white people against blacks and other minorities.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I see skin color as nothing more than a physical trait. I wish we could get rid of the term race all together. Alas for most discussions it must be used.

Benevolent Heretic, what would you say about minority vs. minority racism? What about in places outside the U.S. and Europe where whites are the minority?

Personally, I believe TPTB are perpetuating racism to keep us divided. Racism in any form is harmful.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

I disagree about them all being even. If you were so racist you killed people. You would be far worse then if you didn't like hiering Mexicans....

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
White racism and black racism are pretty much equal, but racism against Klingons is totally justified. Those guys are the jerks of the galaxy. It's one thing to serve on the same starship as "those people", but I wouldn't want them living on my planet, dating my Orion Slave Girl. Even Tribbles don't like 'em, and Tribbles love everybody.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

I am as super liberal, anti faux news as they come. The only thing anti liberal I said was ny discription of a black panther type racist. While don't believe in ANY of the right wing garbage. That's a fair steriotypes type of those types.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Well I think they are both the same but it seems as though one can get away with it and the other can't. I don't know how things are in America but I know Aboriginals have a free pass when it comes to White racism in Australia. Whites don't care but it does happen often.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Yes.

The difference is that only white racism exists.

Extremely unfair.

Blacks love to bop their heads to the tune of 'n' this and 'n' that; but soon as a white person says the same word, they are deemed a racist, fined, and publically denounced.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

It's true.. Tribbles hate Klingons..... Is an ugly fact. But true none the less.

edit on 30-4-2014 by ArtemisE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: QueenofSpades

I agree all forms exist. But are they all equal in our present incarnation?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: freakjive

Institutionalized racism has to end.

This is true for policies which forbid participation in teams/programs based on "non professional appearance" limiting ethnic traits.

It's ALSO true in regards to government handouts based on ethnic background.

Such racist policies only breed more racism and should be outlawed in all civilized republics.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I'm mixed with black and I hear some black people say all the time, "I hate white people." I sometimes ask them why, they'll say something along the lines of,

"They are just... snakes. They can't be trusted. Look at how they treat people black people like we are beneath them. Then the history, their entire history is nothing but stealing and killing people. They are deceivers. They will laugh in your face and stab you in the back."

Stuff like that.

They are right. But most races have a similar history. And most people, by nature shouldn't be trusted.

There is another facet you should look at though.

The Judicial system is racist. Actually, the entire system is racist. CIA has been pushing drugs into black communities and they know it. They see the difference in judicial judgement. They see the difference in the quality of education that is offered. They see the difference in finances. They also see the differences in welfare. They see it. They see it all.

Then black males are all over the news nothing but crime. All in prison making the system money over the drugs that were put there by the people that put them in jail. Then the media is a bunch of crap too, poisonous rap music allowed to be played infecting the minds of the young. For what? Money. That's what. It's disgusting actually.

There is a conspiracy to eliminate black people or put them back in chains. But not by the average white man. That's where the confusion come in at. Black people are not really mad at white people in general, they are mad with the system created by white people and they are lashing out at the general white people around them and the stereotypes that are portrayed by them.

The system needs to be changed. Then the minds can be changed. Racism can be changed.

Seriously.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
Benevolent Heretic, what would you say about minority vs. minority racism? What about in places outside the U.S. and Europe where whites are the minority?

Who has the power? If one race has the power in the societal system, then they can perpetrate racism. I only use white and black because that is the history of THIS country.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: calstorm

Who has the power? If one race has the power in the societal system, then they can perpetrate racism. I only use white and black because that is the history of THIS country.

I'm white and I SURE AS HELL DON'T HAVE ANY POWER!!!!

I am just as poor as a lot of the so called disenfranchised and neglected black skin people you keep Al Shartoning for!!

Is that your angle POWER????

White people live in poverty too!

Racism will stop when "Race Pimps" stop trivializing the word due to political agendas!

WOW!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

The reason I bring it up, is that here in the United states I see a lot of Hispanic vs. Black racism.

I have a Hispanic friend, and for all her ranting against the racism she has received from whites, was furious when her daughter had babies by a black man. I was dumfounded by her racist attitude towards her own grandchildren. I have heard many stories of the reverse as well. I am not seeing one having more power than the other here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join