It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adolf Hitler died exactly 69 years ago today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Or so the history books tell us.

Was it just a grim coincidence that his death happened on 30 April which, in Germany, is Walpurgisnacht?

In German folklore Walpurgisnacht is believed to be the night of a witches' meeting on the Brocken, the highest peak in the Harz Mountains, a range of wooded hills in central Germany between the rivers Weser and Elbe.

en.wikipedia.org...

It is exactly 6 months before (or after) the other great witches celebration...Halloween.

A scene in Goethe's Faust Part One is called "Walpurgisnacht," and one in Faust Part Two is called "Classical Walpurgisnacht."

Faust (for those who don't know) is a play about a man who sells his soul to the Devil in exchange for unlimited knowledge and worldly pleasures.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
well of course, all the top antichrist die around that time , I thought everyone knew that

Death of Osama bin Laden

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Supporting that guess it would be a day to go because of the plans of him being offed were to happen anyway perhaps planned accordingly. If he really did die that day, which is another thread altogether.

(post by JohnPhoenix removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

co-inceidence ? or planning ?? - he committed suicide - he decided when to pull the trigger it was blisteringly obvious throughout the entire month of april that defeat was inevitable .

yet hitler waited

I personally find it plausible that the day of his death was decided

the soviets would have taken another week to storm the further bunker - its not as if he waited till the doors were being cut open - nor did he bow out when defieat was inevitable

ergo - my assertition that he planned the date

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I have extensively looked into the idea of Hitler escaping to South America, and I think the most surprising thing that one could discover on such a journey is that there were witnesses who saw him in Argentina, with influential people who would have hidden him if he ever came. So did he? I think that it should be noted that the bone fragments unearthed outside the Fuhrer Bunker have never been proven to have come from either Hitler or his new wife.

There were no witnesses to the suicide itself, and we know that Hitler had look-alikes. If he had wanted to, he could very well had escaped via a secret hatch in the bunker without anyone seeing him. He could have hopped on a plane that would have taken him to a U-boat, which transported him to South America. In fact, I believe this is probably what happened, IF he escaped.

There is one thing that makes me believe that he likely did not escape however. His drug dependence. His personal physician was feeding him a variety of drugs, both through intravenous injections and tablets, and Hitler had grown so dependent on his physician because of this fact that he kept him by his side virtually at all times. Before Hitler supposedly committed suicide he dismissed his doctor, and I just feel that he would have taken him with him if he were going to escape.

There is another reason as well. By this point, probably through drug use, Hitler was absolutely out of it, at least in a way. We know that Germany lost the war because of Hitler's meddling, and many of his decisions are consistent with what we know about users of stimulants today. His ideas became more and more detached, as he himself did, and his decisions were often not feasible. In fact, his "no retreat" order alone limited the Wermacht to simply sitting there and being obliterated or captured, despite the fact that his forces were exceptional defensive fighters, and performed quite well while fighting and withdrawing. His commanders were exceptional in some instances as well, yet they were limited by his personal authority.

Rommel was one of the few people who would stand up to him, yet he still would not listen to this very able commander. Anyway, Hitler had always been like that in a way, but it became worse as time went on, probably through drug use. It was a big factor at least. So by the time the Red Army was overrunning Berlin, I think it is quite possible that Hitler was to dejected, convinced everyone was out to betray him, etc., and that he likely did end it all right there. It was not an option to let the Red Army capture him, nor the Americans or British for that matter, but definitely not the Soviets, who were closest to Berlin at the time.

My point is that by that time there was no guarantee that he could even get out of Berlin. If he were going to escape, why not do it a tad bit sooner? Perhaps this was his escape plan all along, and he very well might have escaped. I don't know which stories to believe, but there is some compelling evidence for the escape theory. It is just that, knowing Hitler's state of mind at the time, I don't think it likely that he was all that worried about saving his own life. He even felt the German people had failed him to a certain extent, and because of this, he probably did not have much to live for in his mind.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
oookay.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Interesting.

(post by celinem removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

Maybe that's how he took his doctor with him without arousing suspicion? He dismisses him and later meets with him at a pre-determined time and place for the journey to South America?

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I hope there's a hell so he's got a place to rot.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
This thread has been closed pending a staff review.

new topics

top topics

join